Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking at picking up Sonnox Elite Bundle and am wondering if anyone know of a better price than Everyplugin which is the lowest I have found at $426.62?

Has anyone found PB Scaler to be useful enough? Are there any alternatives available?

Never thought I would think of getting such a plugin, but I think it might help me to improve my chord progressions. Somewhere deep inside I feel: is it cheating? I try not to think of that and I am a believer that technology is there to help you achieve certain things in a better and faster way, but...

D.Wako wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:14 am
D.Wako wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 am Any idea what feature they'll add in Scaler 2? Extract midi part from audio a la melodyne would be nice...
Answering my own question:

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/scaler-2-0-update/1289

Look for the video in this thread above.
I glanced through these sites, as far as I got all the news in the Scaler 2.0, the most important new feature is missing: the chord recognition by the played melody/Midi-input.
With my background I can do this myself ”manually”, but I think that the idea of these kind of ”composing aids”, is to give new options and ideas.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 am Has anyone found PB Scaler to be useful enough? Are there any alternatives available?

Never thought I would think of getting such a plugin, but I think it might help me to improve my chord progressions. Somewhere deep inside I feel: is it cheating? I try not to think of that and I am a believer that technology is there to help you achieve certain things in a better and faster way, but...
Yeah, I wonder how it compares to something like Captain Chords.
A well-behaved signature.

I use both. Captain Chords lets you choose a basic progression from a given scale while Scaler's strength is taking that progression and listing out scales that have all (or nearly all) the notes it uses and suggesting alternatives, letting you audition new chords from those scales quickly and building up variations.

Scaler is great for tweaking individual chords, Captain Chords for putting a whole progression together from them and adding rhythm.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:05 am I use both. Captain Chords lets you choose a basic progression from a given scale while Scaler's strength is taking that progression and listing out scales that have all (or nearly all) the notes it uses and suggesting alternatives, letting you audition new chords from those scales quickly and building up variations.

Scaler is great for tweaking individual chords, Captain Chords for putting a whole progression together from them and adding rhythm.
Thanks for the insight. Does Scaler detect chords I play using MIDI keyboard and tell me what it is? Does Scaler not help build a chord progression like Captain Chords?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:20 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:05 am I use both. Captain Chords lets you choose a basic progression from a given scale while Scaler's strength is taking that progression and listing out scales that have all (or nearly all) the notes it uses and suggesting alternatives, letting you audition new chords from those scales quickly and building up variations.

Thanks for the insight. Does Scaler detect chords I play using MIDI keyboard and tell me what it is? Does Scaler not help build a chord progression like Captain Chords?
Yes and yes, but they feel a bit different in usage when building the progression though you can get similar results. The 'Captain' package offers a lot now beyond chord progressions though.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted by user]

quietzone wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:59 am Is Komplete 13 expected anytime soon? Could not find much info about it other than news about the recent NI layoffs. Wanting to upgrade from Select but if Komplete 13 will drop soon, may as well wait for the next summer sale
Historically speaking, Komplete 13 should be out in September/October 2020. If you have the money, better upgrade now, because Komplete 13 won't be 50% off until June/July 2021.

If anyone's interested: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/press-area/

quietzone wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:30 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:48 pm
telecode wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:26 pm is that a decent deal for Scaler?
It's $20 off. NFR I'd guess since it's produced by Plugin Boutique.
Plugin Boutique are UK based so should in theory comply with the EU law about software resale rights.
I believe you can transfer Plugin Boutique licenses to another Plugin Boutique account without issue. Confirm it with PB support, but I'm pretty sure it's not NFR.
I have sent an email to PB support on behalf of all interested. Will get back once I hear back from them. :tu:

[deleted by user]

quietzone wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:30 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:48 pm
telecode wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:26 pm is that a decent deal for Scaler?
It's $20 off. NFR I'd guess since it's produced by Plugin Boutique.
Plugin Boutique are UK based so should in theory comply with the EU law about software resale rights.
I believe you can transfer Plugin Boutique licenses to another Plugin Boutique account without issue. Confirm it with PB support, but I'm pretty sure it's not NFR.
I thnk I have done this

D.Wako wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:21 am
BeeDog wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:17 am A bit early, but good to give a heads-up:

Sononym's excellent sample browser will be discounted for Black Friday, $49.50/€44.50 29th of Nov - 3rd of Dec. Discount code: BLKPRICE19
https://www.sononym.net/blog/black-friday-2019/
Am i the only one who can't reach this site? "Potential Security Issue" How am i suppose to buy it now? :roll:
Site seems to be working - you might have hit it while a TLS certificate was rolling over (and looking at the valid-from date, that's almost certainly what happened). In any case, the sale doesn't start for a week so you can stop rolling your eyes for now. Also, congratulations for posting it in the No Chat thread. Great job all around.

Native instruments sale is up on their site and best service!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”