Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

v1o wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:00 pm
ATN69 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:11 am It's all a mess for me. I didn't realize 10.5 was a paid upgrade so I installed it. I then removed all of Cubase installation and installed back 10.0. It works again, but Padshop doesn't work anymore. I have Cubase Pro 10 and Padshop came included. Does anyone know if I pay for the update to Cubase 10.5, will Padshop 2 be a part of it and will Padshop start working again?

I am surprised that the uninstall of Cubase 10.5 and re-install of Cubase 10.0 will not bring back everything as it was. Retrologue 2 works. I jumped into Cubase at their anniversary sale so I am fairly new Steinberg way of doing business.
Something went wrong somewhere. I would start again from scratch using Steinbergs downloads manager to install Padshop again.

Padshop 2 is included as part of the upgrade to 10.5. Cubase has paid annual updates and the run in .5 increments.
I didn't plan to update Cubase right now but in order to solve my problems I decided to pull the trigger and update to Cubase 10.5. Padshop 2 works now and everything else works fine as well. The biggest lesson learned for me is that Steinberg charge even for XX,5 updates.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I had too many problems with Padshop Pro, but Padshop 2 works just fine for me! I use windows 10, I have the display settings on scale 150%, I can not resize it when it is open in Studio One, but it looks just fine on 27 inch 4K monitor. I really think it is way better than Padshop Pro. I only have one small, not very important, problem... I can not find it in my programs to fire it up as a standalone! Only VST not standalone?

asking again... does it work on Sierra ?

@kindhs: Padshop 1 wasn't available as a standlaone either?

You can load it in something like this though (which is the case for most plugins which come as a standalone anyway): https://www.tone2.com/nanohost.html

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:08 pm @kindhs: Padshop 1 wasn't available as a standlaone either?

You can load it in something like this though (which is the case for most plugins which come as a standalone anyway): https://www.tone2.com/nanohost.html

[Thank you! I am almost sure, I am getting older and a little more confused, that Padshop Pro had a standalone option... anyways it's not so critical. It behaves great as VST plugin!]

Unfortunately, even Padshop Pro wasn't standalone. Nevertheless, it is one of the best sounding synths. Glad to own it.

Ugh, having issues in Ableton. The projects I've saved with Padshop 2 on them, on reopening show the following message: "Some plug-ins could not be loaded and are disabled. Please see below for details. VST2 "Padshop": The VST2 plug-in could not be found."
Everything else in the projects saves (other plugins, midi, etc.). I can open Padshop 2 in those projects again, and find the proper presets (note to self--always save Padshop 2 creations as presets and name correspondingly to projects). Padshop Pro would save fine. I installed Padshop 2 in the default Steinberg folder. I'll put in a ticket and wait (Zero Gravity not working either--I did relocate the file).

Edit: I started a thread in the Steinberg forums (before submitting a ticket--to see if there is help there).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I also have problems with Ableton 10, I can oipen Padshop Pro 2 but preset list is empty.
I also do not know where to put the Content Padshop 2 folder.
Thanks for your help.

I test some of the Padshop 2 sounds in my video here. Just skip forward to 29 minutes to see Padshop 2 in action as I give my first impressions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_nkIP2 ... e=emb_logo

Improvising live on video with one of my first patches for Padshop 2 which uses the new spectral engine.

https://youtu.be/iIfiWkaasZ0

thejonsolo wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:47 am In my personal case, I have Nuendo 10 and Absolute VST Collection v4. I was able to install Padshop 2 without purchasing an upgrade and everything works fine. I believe this to be because I have Nuendo 10 but I could be wrong. Waiting for someone else to verify that it works for them.
Padshop 2 is part of Absolute 4. See https://new.steinberg.net/absolute/

taldt33 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:11 pm I also have problems with Ableton 10, I can oipen Padshop Pro 2 but preset list is empty.
Thanks for your help.
ill check folders on my win 8.1 tonight..and write here..as I placed the files in a wrong folder at first..now all good...got ABS 4..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

So it seems I'm having a very strange issue that I have never had before.
I started creating some presets, Sampled some guitar and Prophet 12 and saved them
all as 32 bit Wav after editing and cropping them.
I had a play with my first 2 samples and happily played about with 2 of my own
samples for about 20 mins and saved the preset.

I closed down my DAW and went away for a bit, Came back to do some more presets and
now my user presets go completely silent after about 5-10 seconds of playing.
The samples are still visible in the display and the playhead is moving but they are totally silent.
If I load a factory preset the sound comes back and if I load another user preset I get silence again.

I have created 3 user presets all with import on drag enabled and they all do the same thing

Anyone else having this issue or any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong.

Edit - Looks like the problem is the Global Reverb, The sound comes back if I disable it in the patch.
I will see if anyone on the Steinberg forum can confirm and submit a ticket
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

AcrossTheSky wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:28 pm
taldt33 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:11 pm I also have problems with Ableton 10, I can oipen Padshop Pro 2 but preset list is empty.
Thanks for your help.
ill check folders on my win 8.1 tonight..and write here..as I placed the files in a wrong folder at first..now all good...got ABS 4..
Hi,
Nice!Thanks :)

Does Padshop 2 run in other DAWs without the eLicenser?

The System Requirements page is pretty unhelpful (it might be implied that license activation & product registration ofcourse requires eLicenser).

Also I went through the thread and have not found the direct reply :(

padshop2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Instruments”