bo-jingles

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:56 am Some kinda prog thingy. Others have mentioned similarities with PT and Oldfield, and I can see that. I also thought parts of this had a Sigur Rós vibe. I saw the length of the track and thought I would play it whilst cleaning up old email, but in the end, I just listened. Quite a spell.

I imagine a few late-nights were involved in the making of this one.

Good work :)
Just one late-night - The all-nighter I pulled to reach the challenge deadline :scared:
I saw the length of the track and thought I would play it whilst cleaning up old email, but in the end, I just listened. Quite a spell.
Such a great compliment. For many reasons, I think that (at least in it's present incarnation), it works better as background music. That way, the faults might be missed, leaving an overall good general feeling :scared:

Haven't heard any Sigur Rós, but will definitely check 'em out. Ditto PT (Porcupine Tree??). As for the 'Oldfield' compliment: :hug:

Thanks for the listen, and for taking the time to comment :tu:

not heard sigur ros or porcupine tree?
reported!

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:11 pm not heard sigur ros or porcupine tree?
reported!
:o :hihi:

for sr seek out the ( ) album first, such beauty :love:
although agaetis biryani (something similar in icelandic) is also a great starting album.
all their albums are great tbh, but hear either of those two first and i reckon you're hooked 8)

fave pt albums personally yellow hedgerow dreamscape, on the sunday of life, up the downstair..

in that order.
although the incredible expanding mind f**k album is pretty cool, but that's a wilson side project. (bit more ozricy than floydy)

you have heard the ozric tentacles?

vurt wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:50 pm you have heard the ozric tentacles?
Yes!

yay! :wheee:

'98grams' - The piece at the start of this thread, was my first completed RPM entry (2011). Here is my second (2012):

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/nothing-is ... ng-anymore

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 pm '98grams' - The piece at the start of this thread, was my first completed RPM entry (2011). Here is my second (2012):

How are you coming along with this year's entries?

wagtunes wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:39 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 pm '98grams' - The piece at the start of this thread, was my first completed RPM entry (2011). Here is my second (2012):

How are you coming along with this year's entries?
I have a couple of ideas written, a few concepts to flesh out, and about 45 seconds recorded :hyper:

paulstretch :tu: :hug:

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:19 pm paulstretch :tu: :hug:
It might happen. I did think that if I did get a few tracks down, but nowhere-near finished, that I would do some ambient remixes of the material already recorded. Only if it works, of course. And only if I can't drop the idea of completing, for it's own sake. Otherwise, I do have some ambient-ish vibes planned for the album, and Paul has been notified and advised to limber-up for a possible workout :tu:

im sure youll be grand!
midway nerves n shit :hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:47 pm im sure youll be grand!
midway nerves n shit :hihi:
No nerves.

Since I've released the need to hit a target, I'm enjoying the process a little more. I've also been experimenting more with performing/re-recording parts until they are right, and not quantising. I would generally start like this, anyway, but eventually end up pulling everything back, dead on that clock. I do need to do some editing to reign-in the more errant notes/hits, but the whole process is proving to be a much more (I'm gonna say it) organic, and (Yeah, I'm gonna go there) 'musical' approach. Either way, it's proving to be more enjoyable playing music, as opposed to editing on-screen :tu:

It works for me. The thunder works especially well at the moment accompanying Storm Dennis outside. I enjoyed the extended "Floyd" radio section during the intro. Maybe my memory is failing me, but this one seems to have a more "cinematic" style than 98gm, and possibly more relaxed as well. I loved the vocals in the last couple of sections. Great build-up and finale.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”