Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:53 pm I see that there are two layers. Does each layer just allow loading a single sample? Or can you stack several samples within a layer somehow?
Nope, just single wav per layer (A B parts)

For me it seemed bummer a bit that no separate audio output for each layer, strange that it was not added in v2.

c_voltage wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:32 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:53 pm I see that there are two layers. Does each layer just allow loading a single sample? Or can you stack several samples within a layer somehow?

For me it seemed bummer a bit that no separate audio output for each layer, strange that it was not added in v2.
Just to make sure it's clear, each layer can have it's own sample. Layer A - Sample 1 / Layer 2 - Sample 2. They don't have to have or share the same single sample.

Yes, sure. If all you want to do is to work with samples it might be sufficient.
What I do very often is the following. I have several active daw tracks with synth sounds, some for pads and drones, others for gritty, strong audio with tons of modulation. I need to live sample that synth sounds that I create whenever I have to on the fly. Without having to render samples first and drag and drop all around. This method is killing the vital process of my sound design. I do a lot of randomization and I want to capture and playback the best of my sound immediately and without interruptions, if that makes more sense.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Just to make sure it's clear, each layer can have it's own sample. Layer A - Sample 1 / Layer 2 - Sample 2. They don't have to have or share the same single sample.
Yes, exactly.

There are plenty of processors to mangle audio in real time, e.g. crusherX, BYOME, Molekular, GRM Tools, Turnado and whatnot. The spectral oscillator in PS2 analyzes the sample beforehand so it can't be a real time effect processor.

Sure, and I use all of them :)

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 pm Sure, and I use all of them :)
So what are you complaining about then?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:53 pm is there no separate loop points frmo sample start? Seems like it only loops from start. That would be kind of a bummer for the spectral mode.
Sample has start and end loop points, and can be set anywhere you want within the sample. (if I understood well your question)

Also feeling, could been add combo filters to list (or other modificators like in massive). Just doubtful benefit of presence of such amount of similar shapes.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:53 pm
I said what I think is the worst part about Padshop. Did I hurt your feelings? :hihi:

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:53 pm is there no separate loop points frmo sample start? Seems like it only loops from start. That would be kind of a bummer for the spectral mode.
Sample has start and end loop points, and can be set anywhere you want within the sample. (if I understood well your question)
I meant separate sample start and loop start points, so it can loop in a different region that where it start. Kind of important to remove the attack from a loop.

enCiphered wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:07 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:53 pm
I said what I think is the worst part about Padshop. Did I hurt your feelings? :hihi:
I have no feelings about a plugin, I couldn't care less.

You can always duplicate the track, set one instance to Layer A only and the other to Layer B only and you will have what you are looking for I believe. What you are suggesting is interesting however. I can see where that could be useful and more compact that way.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 pm
I meant separate sample start and loop start points, so it can loop in a different region that where it start. Kind of important to remove the attack from a loop.
I think the Offset & Spread parameters here would be what you are looking for.

(Still not sure if I understand well what you mean, sorry. Do you have example in other software?)

BassMasterK wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 pm

You can always duplicate the track, set one instance to Layer A only and the other to Layer B only and you will have what you are looking for I believe. What you are suggesting is interesting however. I can see where that could be useful and more compact that way.
Obviously many requests can be covered thru cloning instances, however for something exists multi outs :)

Return to “Instruments”