SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

I just want to "test" how my Syntronik library behaves (same or switchable interface / GUI) within SampleTank and overall if host automation has a more modern handling than that crappy MIDI CC detour in Syntronik.

steve.lindqvist wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:39 pm I just want to "test" how my Syntronik library behaves (same or switchable interface / GUI) within SampleTank and overall if host automation has a more modern handling than that crappy MIDI CC detour in Syntronik.
They have added a host automation feature to ST4, that also works with the older ST3, Syntronik, and Miroslav 2 libraries.

From the manual, it states: "In the plug-in version only, click the icon on the left side of the bottom bar with the 3 linked lines to open the Automation Host Panel. Here you can manage Automation Host assignments."

In the edit page for any part in the multi, you can now select either "Automate", or "MIDI Learn" from just about any knob or slider parameter, using the right-click context menu.

To get active assignments, you will first need to make them in the edit page. The Automation Host Panel will just show the parameters listed as "unassigned" until you set them. The assignments are then listed as "Part n/Element n/Zone n/[parameter].

If you save the multi, these automation parameters are saved with it, and should be available in any project that you open that saved multi in.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Thank you.

My Sampletank 3 and Sampletank 4 libraries are in separate folders like suggested. Although whenin S4, I select the Sampletank 3 icon n it turns Red, no instruments show up? If I deselect it, then the instruments from Sampletank 3 do show up, mixed with my S4 sounds, Jeez Why is this such a mess, what am I doing wrong?

I just want to be able to navigate to to my sounds correctly!!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:07 pm My Sampletank 3 and Sampletank 4 libraries are in separate folders like suggested. Although whenin S4, I select the Sampletank 3 icon n it turns Red, no instruments show up? If I deselect it, then the instruments from Sampletank 3 do show up, mixed with my S4 sounds, Jeez Why is this such a mess, what am I doing wrong?

I just want to be able to navigate to to my sounds correctly!!!
It's supposed to work, and it does so here. Probably should open a support ticket and let them assist with getting things sorted out.

I was wondering, as a new customer, if I buy ST4 MAX, what of IKM products will i be missing?
I spent some time looking on the website Googling and and going through his thread, and i am still confused.

ST4 MAX seems to include a lot of previous Sampletank & Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, but I assumed I needed Syntronik and Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

It looks like for $950 I could have those 3 things, so it seems a no-brainer to spend $50 more and get "Total Studio Max" for $1000.(Seems to have EVERYTHING)
So it really comes down to this: If I got "Total Studio Max", what would i NOT have?

DoubleTake wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:42 pmIt looks like for $950 I could have those 3 things, so it seems a no-brainer to spend $50 more and get "Total Studio Max" for $1000.(Seems to have EVERYTHING) So it really comes down to this:

If I got "Total Studio Max", what would i NOT have?
$1000 anymore?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I like my IK stuff, as I have been buying in a bit at a time, and it does what I need.

But if I was just starting out and had a $1000 budget, I would probably get this instead!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... -ultimate/

DoubleTake wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:42 pm I was wondering, as a new customer, if I buy ST4 MAX, what of IKM products will i be missing?
I spent some time looking on the website Googling and and going through his thread, and i am still confused.

ST4 MAX seems to include a lot of previous Sampletank & Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, but I assumed I needed Syntronik and Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

It looks like for $950 I could have those 3 things, so it seems a no-brainer to spend $50 more and get "Total Studio Max" for $1000.(Seems to have EVERYTHING)
So it really comes down to this: If I got "Total Studio Max", what would i NOT have?
ST4 MAX is free through November, if you buy an IK iRig Keys 49 audio-interface/midi controller. ($300) Check Sweetwater, IK shop etc The Keyboard also comes with a bundle, Sample Tank 3, Sampletank 4 SE (redundant)
Miroslvav 2 CE, and T-Racks 4 Deluxe.
Also you get an iOS SampleTank upgrade from the free version providing
145 instruments, and an iOS Miroslav 2, and a Syntronik Pro V instrument for the free Syntronik, both computer and iOS versions.
So mic or guitar get a high quality audio i/o, and midi controls mapped to
SampleTank. Perhaps more maths to ponder,
not knowing your current gear,
Chears

glokraw wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 pm Perhaps more maths to ponder,
not knowing your current gear,
Chears
I have to keep gear to a minimum, and have all I need for the time.
I do have Kontakt and a few libraries, and have been looking (and putting off) making any more moves as deals/sales go on and off ...
As a hobbyist I don't have a realistic demand for anything, but having a full set of such variety of sampled instruments is enticing. I don't do much messing with Kontakt besides what's on the interface. I am hoping to have another person playing midi at the same time, and I do like the look of Sampletank's Multi setup (easy mixing or swapping instruments might be good).
Well, it is a lot to think about....

4.0.9 is out. No announcement or email yet.

Anyone want to be first to try it?

What’s new in SampleTank 4.0.9

New Library sorting function lets the user rearrange the Library column
View Libraries as text option
Filter Library view by authorized / unauthorized
New incremental database rebuild for faster sound content rescan time
Support for new Libraries
Compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina
SampleTank window is now resizable when using custom DPI scaling in Windows
Fixed an issue where Cubase HiDPI setting broke SampleTank window resize
General optimizations and bug fixes

after all my terrible problems and massive frustration most of this year with it, and finally now that my 4.0.8 is running fine and usable, and most important--- enjoyable and a great addition to my laptop, I am too wary to try any update right now with it.

It reminds me of not disturbing a sleeping baby that you finally got asleep....lol.

And, just a quick shout out to the great tech support that I personally received, have to admit IK really helped me out in tough spots with it.

Thanks for the shoutout to IK Support. I let them know you were happy.

We have now added Spaceport '77 to SampleTank 4 and it is free for a limited time for SampleTank 4 users.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:17 pm Thanks for the shoutout to IK Support. I let them know you were happy.

We have now added Spaceport '77 to SampleTank 4 and it is free for a limited time for SampleTank 4 users.
*excluding SampleTank 4 SE

Return to “Instruments”