Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:32 am
AudioDeluxe wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:52 pm
Any idea if UVI will have a Black Friday sale? If so, would you be including the products that are on sale?
Yes, UVI will be having a Black Friday sale at audiodeluxe.com and we will have an exclusive deal for our customers
Hi AudioDeluxe team, any update as to when is UVI BF starting at your website? Also, will Kroma 1.5 continue to be available at the intro price (or better) during Black Friday sale (assuming it is included as part of the sale)? Thinking of 2-3 UVI soundbanks possibly including Kroma 1.5, but thinking if I should wait for BF sale to start. Your reply will be much appreciated.
The Kroma intro deal is better than the Kroma BF deal. UVI BF will start Nov 28.

AudioDeluxe wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:32 am
AudioDeluxe wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:52 pm
Any idea if UVI will have a Black Friday sale? If so, would you be including the products that are on sale?
Yes, UVI will be having a Black Friday sale at audiodeluxe.com and we will have an exclusive deal for our customers
Hi AudioDeluxe team, any update as to when is UVI BF starting at your website? Also, will Kroma 1.5 continue to be available at the intro price (or better) during Black Friday sale (assuming it is included as part of the sale)? Thinking of 2-3 UVI soundbanks possibly including Kroma 1.5, but thinking if I should wait for BF sale to start. Your reply will be much appreciated.
The Kroma intro deal is better than the Kroma BF deal. UVI BF will start Nov 28.
Okay, thanks a lot. So, it will be usual 30% off sale for UVI then. Will AudioDeluxe customers benefit from some extra in-cart discounts? If so, Kroma BF deal could be better, right? :)

I'm curious about Output Portal vs NI Straylight as they are about the same price right now, and "appear" to have similar functionality (be it in different UI ways). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

agharta wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pmI don't know. I only noticed the price hike on the two products I was paying closer attention to. I can't speak for Noire or some of the others in their product portfolio. The maschine expansions seem to have not changed. But can't tell for sure as I don't pay much attention to them as I already have most in my collection.
Consider yourself in the know now as hardly anything went up in price. You just picked the 2 short straws from a pack of maybe 50.
telecode wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:49 pmI find it a little weird to see a 30% price increase so soon after a release and especially so soon before a big sale. (It's like they are taking a cue from the way some sneaky electronics stores and furniture stores operate. Maybe their new C level execs came from that retail sector, who knows?).But I am pretty sure I never saw anywhere on the NI site when they released those products (Moduar icons, Straylight ..) that the products are being offered as a special introductory price.
According to NI:

"Hey guys, Straylight was indeed available with an introduction price for 6 months and it is true the offer ended just before the sale. This was not related to our Thanksgiving offer."

Not sure which other one went up in price or whether that was on an intro offer!
That may indeed be the case.

Where did you get that NI quote from? The NI dev fellow that hangs out on the forms here? I am and have been on NI's digital marketing mailing lists for years and have seen all the marketing materials for Straylight thus far. A total of thee email promos. None of them show any text that states "special introductory offer".

As I posted earlier, I really couldn't care less. It's not my product or my company and I am not competing with it against other companies for sales now. I will wait it out until it gets lumped into Komplete at some point in future.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:53 pmWhere did you get that NI quote from? The NI dev fellow that hangs out on the forms here? I am and have been on NI's digital marketing mailing lists for years and have seen all the marketing materials for Straylight thus far. A total of thee email promos. None of them show any text that states "special introductory offer".
It was quoted on another forum and was from their Facebook page.
I'm a bit suspicious but as only 2 instruments seemingly have had price increases I am taking the chill pill.
Which was the other one you were looking at which also went up?
I'll wait for Komplete Ultimate 14 I think. No hurry, although Noire might tempt me.

Do you guys know if UVI will allow use of the $100 Voucher during their promotions?

re the Native Instruments sale - is Black Friday the best sale NI ever do and is it best to buy from the NI site ? I am not seeing a lot of reason to update kontakt from 5 to 6 at this moment but might happen over the next year. I currently have Komplete 11 although Kontakt 5 says it is part of Komplete 8 - I dont think I understand the way they describe product dependencies in Native Access

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:24 pm re the Native Instruments sale - is Black Friday the best sale NI ever do and is it best to buy from the NI site ? I am not seeing a lot of reason to update kontakt from 5 to 6 at this moment but might happen over the next year. I currently have Komplete 11 although Kontakt 5 says it is part of Komplete 8 - I dont think I understand the way they describe product dependencies in Native Access
There are more and more libraries coming out that require Kontakt 6 (full as well as player). If you are a more serious user of Kontakt you will need to switch over eventually. Recently, NI started to do upgrade sales semi-annually (they used to to upgrades in Spring and individual products in Fall). Usually 50%. I don’t think I ever bought anything from NI directly. The last Komplete upgrade I bought from Bestservice, if I remember correctly.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:24 pm re the Native Instruments sale - is Black Friday the best sale NI ever do and is it best to buy from the NI site ? I am not seeing a lot of reason to update kontakt from 5 to 6 at this moment but might happen over the next year. I currently have Komplete 11 although Kontakt 5 says it is part of Komplete 8 - I dont think I understand the way they describe product dependencies in Native Access
There are more and more libraries coming out that require Kontakt 6 (full as well as player). If you are a more serious user of Kontakt you will need to switch over eventually. Recently, NI started to do upgrade sales semi-annually (they used to to upgrades in Spring and individual products in Fall). Usually 50%. I don’t think I ever bought anything from NI directly. The last Komplete upgrade I bought from Bestservice, if I remember correctly.
thanks - the only K6 library I have is Moonkits from Soniccouture - which is fantastic, but just needs the player. I dont make my own and haven't yet come up against one that is K6 full version only. I wish it were easier to see which of the many products listed in Native Access could be resold individually so I could make a judgement on what money I can claw back from stuff I never use

agharta wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:17 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:53 pmWhere did you get that NI quote from? The NI dev fellow that hangs out on the forms here? I am and have been on NI's digital marketing mailing lists for years and have seen all the marketing materials for Straylight thus far. A total of thee email promos. None of them show any text that states "special introductory offer".
It was quoted on another forum and was from their Facebook page.
I'm a bit suspicious but as only 2 instruments seemingly have had price increases I am taking the chill pill.
Which was the other one you were looking at which also went up?
I'll wait for Komplete Ultimate 14 I think. No hurry, although Noire might tempt me.
I had me eye on Straylight and Modular Icons. Both went up in price. I had them in my cart sitting there for months and they were at the old price. But when I went it to try to buy, the page switched and the price corrected to new price.

I too will just sit it out. I am only really using 20% of Komplete that I have anyways. No rush to get more stuff here.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

This sale is similar to their other sames more or less. 50% off regular price. Its just that the regular price has a tendency to mysteriously go up. I would get Kontact 6 if you like it and use the new K instruments.

telecode wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:09 pm
This sale is similar to their other sames more or less. 50% off regular price. Its just that the regular price has a tendency to mysteriously go up. I would get Kontact 6 if you like it and use the new K instruments.
thanks - like you I have enough sound sources I think and probably will pass on this BF - I have too many really, and would love to sell off about half what I have but most of it does not allow resale :( something I am more careful about these days

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 pm I wish it were easier to see which of the many products listed in Native Access could be resold individually so I could make a judgement on what money I can claw back from stuff I never use
You can get a better idea if you login to the NI site and look up your registered serials. It shows Komplete s/n rather than listing all its contents. Only thing you have to remember is any individual licensed product you used to gain a cross-grade to Komplete cant be sold.

telecode wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:07 pm I had me eye on Straylight and Modular Icons. Both went up in price. I had them in my cart sitting there for months and they were at the old price. But when I went it to try to buy, the page switched and the price corrected to new price.
Same happened to me with Super-8. It recently went up in price, too. I'd have no problem with them doing intro offers, but then please do communicate it as well, which they didn't afaik. It's a bit of a bad taste and I'm usually quite NI-friendly, 'cause I like their stuff. Well, then no Super-8 for me for now, I guess. :)

Psyclapse wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:23 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 pm I wish it were easier to see which of the many products listed in Native Access could be resold individually so I could make a judgement on what money I can claw back from stuff I never use
You can get a better idea if you login to the NI site and look up your registered serials. It shows Komplete s/n rather than listing all its contents. Only thing you have to remember is any individual licensed product you used to gain a cross-grade to Komplete cant be sold.
thanks - that is the way for sure

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”