Synth 1 gone sour

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dune_rave wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 am I have decided to get rid of all the free stuff years ago, just because the fear of one day they will stop working.
On the other hand nowadays I have dexed, but its not the same case as synth1 and all the freeware stuff.
To be Fair this can happen to ANY VST product, not just free ones.
Company’s go out of buisness...or get Bought out by Apple in a certain very specific case.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:00 am Mac is crap.. Everyone just pile your apple garbage to a big pile and burn it :party:
:lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Stop

UPDATING!

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:08 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:00 am Mac is crap.. Everyone just pile your apple garbage to a big pile and burn it :party:
There's an island off the coast of California, where the apple garbage can be recycled.
They'll take a side off the really old stuff, and make nesting boxes for seabirds, who don't care much where the droppings land. :hyper:

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I blame it on code rust, it's an actual thing.

glokraw wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:13 am
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:08 am
There's an island off the coast of California, where the apple garbage can be recycled.
They'll take a side off the really old stuff, and make nesting boxes for seabirds, who don't care much where the droppings land. :hyper:
lol i would pay to see that :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:39 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:32 pm It's not impossible that Synth1 relies on some internal stuff, and a new version of Windows 10 breaks it in some way.

Was that vague enough now? :lol:

The thing which gentleclockdivider mentioned seems to be the most likely.
Well, I'm still on Windows 7 and the only changes I've made in the last 5 years are installing an SSD drive and the usual Windows 7 updates. So I have no idea what my problem is.
You won't have any more Windows 7 updates to worry about in the new year :wheee:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

If some audio dev's installer brings a custom c++ redistributable
to your (win 7) system, that should be counted as an update, but not
necessarily one good for the health and functionality of that system,
nor products that compete with the one newly installed.
Plenty of shoddy coding, the possibility of dodgy coding,
and lack of support staff skill/dedication/funding make
keeping a daw running far more challenging than needs be.

Yet another locked thread soon...
:roll:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:05 pm Yet another locked thread soon...
Going BONES? 8)

Nvm

ijiwaru wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:54 pm Windows? More like Windoze!
More like Winblows folks, am I right???
A well-behaved signature.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:36 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:05 pm Yet another locked thread soon...
Going BONES? 8)
:x Image

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”