DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:27 pm Name a complex synth with a more "friendly GUI". If you think Dune 3 is "unfriendly" you'd better steer well clear of VPS Avenger. :P
That's funny, I actually think Avenger has the best UI out of any synth I have used. It has a lot of "quality of life" features to make it easier and more intuitive to use.

Since I got Parawave Rapid my GAS for Dune 3 is gone. This is how to handle 8 Layers.

collider wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:33 pm Since I got Parawave Rapid my GAS for Dune 3 is gone. This is how to handle 8 Layers.
It's good to know. Unfortunately for me the sound isn't as good.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Use colors for different layers...
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 am I doubt you are going to buy any synth! You just like to chat it seems ;)
Certainly not during this sales weekend. I like to pay regular prices instead of driving developers into poverty.
But I do intend to get a synth by the end of the year. I seldom buy anything, so I am comparing all options carefully before deciding.

Biscotto wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:06 pm Use colors for different layers...
That would be cool, yes, a rainbow synth thanks to all those layers.

e-crooner wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:53 pm
Well, color can be used as a thin border somewhere to give a better feedback.
Btw: Rainbows have only 7 colors... :D

They can make one layer black or white, neither is a color :wink:

I like Avenger's approach for layers. You add as needed. So, you can tell immediately if this preset is simple or complex.
It's one developer as I remember! (Rapid also has one developer). So, "only two developers" for one synth is not an excuse!
Move your asses little bit SA developers :hihi: let us see what you can do about feedback visuals and overall friendly design in Dune 4. The sound is already great ;) and for the 100th times, find solution for putting the name of preset outside the holy screen and please make shortcut for "previous" and "next" preset without switching the tabs all the time if I want to stay in modulation matrix (for example) :mad:

Well, LuSH-101 has nice layers. But there's quite a GUI to manage them, separate presets per layer plus global mixer. Dune 3, by contrast, is very minimal in this regard and changing that would mean different design altogether.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

ScottZ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:24 am
mrsugmad wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 am
ScottZ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 am when does the sale end today only?
Go to their site..... :bang:
I have been to the site. In the shop but all I see is Black Friday sale not any dates which is why i asked if it's friday only. Other companies will sometimes go to Dec. 3rd, or list the dates.
I can see in the shop: "Black Friday Sale, expires Cyber Monday!"
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

ppl struggle to agree on one colour, imagine the fun a dev would have picking eight colours :lol:

AnX wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm ppl struggle to agree on one colour, imagine the fun a dev would have picking eight colours :lol:
:lol: :tu:

Biscotto wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:53 pm
Well, color can be used as a thin border somewhere to give a better feedback.
Btw: Rainbows have only 7 colors... :D
There's a fair few more colours in a rainbow than seven :clown:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

rlared wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:10 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:27 pm Name a complex synth with a more "friendly GUI". If you think Dune 3 is "unfriendly" you'd better steer well clear of VPS Avenger. :P
That's funny, I actually think Avenger has the best UI out of any synth I have used. It has a lot of "quality of life" features to make it easier and more intuitive to use.
I don't have any problem at all with Avenger's GUI or workflow. I've happily done quite a few patches for it so far. My point was that anyone who finds Dune 3 workflow too difficult would probably find Avenger even more so due to the added complexity (more Arp/Seqs. Drum Part etc).
Or just look at the button that is lit up to see what layer (voice) you're on. :dog:

D3 112919-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”