ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Anyone else getting hard crashes on Mac 10.12.6 in Cubase, Studio One and Live 10 (all latest versions) when trying to activate, sometimes it seems to and 10 secs later crash to desktop.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

So I can buy VPS Avenger (with their 50% off deal) for the same basic price as the Nexus 3 Upgrade!? And still have Nexus 2? Interesting.

woodsdenis wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:36 pm Anyone else getting hard crashes on Mac 10.12.6 in Cubase, Studio One and Live 10 (all latest versions) when trying to activate, sometimes it seems to and 10 secs later crash to desktop.
Yes.

But ReFx just reached out to me and said they will push out an update soon that should fix this. It appears that there is hope. :pray:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Lol YUP total anti climax
woodsdenis wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:36 pm Anyone else getting hard crashes on Mac 10.12.6 in Cubase, Studio One and Live 10 (all latest versions) when trying to activate, sometimes it seems to and 10 secs later crash to desktop.

Loudness_Contour wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:25 pm
harryvdblock wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:23 pm
Loudness_Contour wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:15 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 pm Any Feedbacks if the upgrade is worth it?

Please note that N2 won’t be available anymore after upgrading.
well funny but its the exact opposite for me, i updated the cloud to 1.4 bought new expansions they al work , updated in the cloud from nexus 2 to nexus 3 but it just doesnt generate any new file , so when i try to launch nexus in my maschine software it keeps givin version 2? i tried everything rescanning etc, even if i delete the old nexus.dll and instal the new nexus 3 in cloud verify etc my whole refx nexus is gone from maschine anyone ideas refx support is just been a drama
I'm on a Mac here, I see you're on a PC. I suggest deleting Nexus with reFX Cloud. Then restart your computer, and reinstall version 3 with reFX Cloud.
thnx for your help already better than refx's but still no luck i deleted everything even from the reg and i instal the cloud and weirdly enough there is nexus 3 installed? like it is somewhere or something is saying that but its nowhere near my own path or the program files/ vstplugins folder. strangest thing is i deleted the dll from nexus2 and now nothing shows up anymore im kinda loosing it lol refx refuses to give me the dll and only gives me answeres like im some sort of little kid that i have to press upgrade button an so on well yea like i didnt try that in the first place.
can somebody from here maybe send me the dll file maybe pm? so i can try to place it myself see if that worksout

I'm just wondering... a lot of people use computers for music production that are completely offline so they don't have to deal with updates, virus and many other stuff.
Nexus 3 requires internet connection once every 30 days. Does that mean they'll never be able to use the plugin?
Wow...

plrdmus wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:16 pm I'm just wondering... a lot of people use computers for music production that are completely offline so they don't have to deal with updates, virus and many other stuff.
Is that so?

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:17 pm
plrdmus wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:16 pm I'm just wondering... a lot of people use computers for music production that are completely offline so they don't have to deal with updates, virus and many other stuff.
Is that so?

Yes
2.3 Can I use NEXUS3 while being offline?
Yes, you can use NEXUS3 while not being connected to the internet. However, you need to connect briefly at least once every 30 days to keep the authorization active.

plrdmus wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:18 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:17 pm
Is that so?

Yes
Ah, OK. Do you have any evidence which indicates that "a lot of people use computers for music production that are completely offline so they don't have to deal with updates, virus and many other stuff"?

harryvdblock wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:57 pm
Loudness_Contour wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:25 pm
harryvdblock wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:23 pm
Loudness_Contour wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:15 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 pm Any Feedbacks if the upgrade is worth it?

Please note that N2 won’t be available anymore after upgrading.
well funny but its the exact opposite for me, i updated the cloud to 1.4 bought new expansions they al work , updated in the cloud from nexus 2 to nexus 3 but it just doesnt generate any new file , so when i try to launch nexus in my maschine software it keeps givin version 2? i tried everything rescanning etc, even if i delete the old nexus.dll and instal the new nexus 3 in cloud verify etc my whole refx nexus is gone from maschine anyone ideas refx support is just been a drama
I'm on a Mac here, I see you're on a PC. I suggest deleting Nexus with reFX Cloud. Then restart your computer, and reinstall version 3 with reFX Cloud.
thnx for your help already better than refx's but still no luck i deleted everything even from the reg and i instal the cloud and weirdly enough there is nexus 3 installed? like it is somewhere or something is saying that but its nowhere near my own path or the program files/ vstplugins folder. strangest thing is i deleted the dll from nexus2 and now nothing shows up anymore im kinda loosing it lol refx refuses to give me the dll and only gives me answeres like im some sort of little kid that i have to press upgrade button an so on well yea like i didnt try that in the first place.
can somebody from here maybe send me the dll file maybe pm? so i can try to place it myself see if that worksout
got it figured out it apears the nexus 3 was send even though i didnt choose to to this path C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp there was the nexus 3.1.exe once i clicked that i saw its path was to steinberg vst witch i never chekt so i changed the path everything is ok now kinda disapointed in refx support tho bin hours and hours no solution
Last edited by harryvdblock on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nexus 3 requires internet connection once every 30 days. Does that mean they'll never be able to use the plugin?
Wow...
When I was first getting into computer music production it was suggested to keep you music computer offline, with a once a week/month connect for updates and new installs, to prevent viruses, avoid various notification interruptions, and just generally keeping your music system and computer clean and clear. I did this for a decade or so, but then got lazy and left it connected. The system did seem to work a little better disconnected. So in a perfect world...

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:22 pm Ah, OK. Do you have any evidence which indicates that "a lot of people use computers for music production that are completely offline so they don't have to deal with updates, virus and many other stuff"?
A studio complex where I used to work had 5 computers (one on each studio) usually working with critical stuff.
Only one of them was allowed to be online.
I didn't say everyone does that. I don't do it at home. But it's common on professional environments.

Gotta love being online all the time until a silent update f***s your whole production... Never online in the studio again.

DPhil wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:01 pm
KenjiDeVries wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:37 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 pm However Refx explicitly told me:
1) now that Nexus 3 is out, I can NOT sell a Nexus 2 license.
2) and if they found out I had 'given it away', they may suspend my license.
That is indeed something that pisses me off. I have Nexus2 and no intend to upgrade. Been looking for someone to buy it from me quite a while (which is hard enough because I have to sell it incl. all my expansions which makes it more expensive). I'm glad I have downloaded all expansions and the master key file recently before this refx cloud bs came up. And I'm happy to live in the EU where we have the right to re-sell licenses...
What a bummer. Now there are not only problems for the ones that upgraded to N3 but also for all Nexus owners in general.
If true (not have seen this info public anywhere), those policies remind me why it's sometimes better to not invest money into a company but just crack the heck out of it. Seriously that makes a 100$+ transfer fee!? And it's not even written or announced anywhere?
Last edited by HSum on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do they use FLAC or another lossless compression to save drive space?

Can someone who did the upgrade tell me what happens to the old Nexus2 license? Is it still available afterwards?

Return to “Instruments”