DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 am
triiif wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:18 pm - Disable the "pad screensaver effect" when the Launchkey idle, way too shiny in my dark room
You can disable that. See page 35 in the manual.
oh sweet !
https://customer.novationmusic.com/site ... 0Guide.pdf

Hi Jürgen,

I have a question regarding the implementation of the Komplete Kontrol A/M-Series.

Is it possible that the knobs can remain a specific function?
for example that you can choose that the knobs always control the sends of a track?
maybe over the controller menu in the settings where you could make a dropdown for shift function and normal function with a selection of volume, pan, send, macros.

I hope this is understandable :D

Aminals wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:02 pm Hi Jürgen,

I have a question regarding the implementation of the Komplete Kontrol A/M-Series.

Is it possible that the knobs can remain a specific function?
for example that you can choose that the knobs always control the sends of a track?
maybe over the controller menu in the settings where you could make a dropdown for shift function and normal function with a selection of volume, pan, send, macros.

I hope this is understandable :D
Hi, sorry this is not possible due to how the Kontrol keyboards Mk2 work. They have a protocol which tell you e.g. "toggle repeat" and not "someone pressed the play button and held down Shift as well".

This is sad. On the mk1 it was great that you could just control the sends.
when i did sounddesign on my hardware synths you could just dial in some effects without using the mouse. but i sold it and bought the mk32 cause i dont have enough space on the desk.

Thank you either way.
Maybe its possible in the future.

With 7.6, Bitwig 3.0, win10 the entire scales section has gone missing on the Push1.

Can't see a way to get chromatic mode on the device it's-self.

Thanks

Hi Jürgen,
First thank you for your work! I didn't see any papal or patreon donate button on your website. You should add one, I will give you some bucks!
Anyway, I saw your video about the arturia beatsteep and I especially liked one feature: you can switch between remote control pages easily with the ability to use the first row of pad. I think it is especially useful when sound designing and looks more efficient than using up and down buttons. So my question is... did you implement this on another controller? For example the Akai APC40mkII or the Novation Remote SL MkII (I was thinking to buy one of them).
Thanks

solyon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:45 pm Anyway, I saw your video about the arturia beatsteep and I especially liked one feature: you can switch between remote control pages easily with the ability to use the first row of pad. I think it is especially useful when sound designing and looks more efficient than using up and down buttons. So my question is... did you implement this on another controller? For example the Akai APC40mkII or the Novation Remote SL MkII (I was thinking to buy one of them).
Only other controllers are Push 1/2. If I remember correctly, lot's of controllers by now :-)

Ok, thanks!
Another question. Imagine I want to control Bitwig with a Mackie compatible keyboard (to add markers, stop, record, activate loop..) while controlling bitwig synths and VST with an arturia beatsteep. It should work, no? Now imagine I add to this setup a Korg Nanokontrol to mute tracks, edit panorama and volumes...
I could be a nice setup :party: but I don't know if they will work well together. Do you?

solyon wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:49 pm Ok, thanks!
Another question. Imagine I want to control Bitwig with a Mackie compatible keyboard (to add markers, stop, record, activate loop..) while controlling bitwig synths and VST with an arturia beatsteep. It should work, no? Now imagine I add to this setup a Korg Nanokontrol to mute tracks, edit panorama and volumes...
I could be a nice setup :party: but I don't know if they will work well together. Do you?
Should work fine.

Thanks!

TVbene wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:26 pm Hi Jürgen,
two questions about the Maschine Mikro script:
- in the video you said you cannot display MIDI feedback on the Pads, had you tried changing the settings of the pads in Controller Editor? At "LED On" you'd have to change to "For MIDI in", I think. Color Mode "indexed" should also allow controlling the colors.
- what do you think about being able to press "SELECT" twice so that we can select FX tracks with the pads? If changing the pad colors really works this could be a nice way to show which select mode is active.
Have you tried this to access the pad LEDs? It seems this option is quite new and has only been available in Controller Editor since version 2.8.6 of Maschine... Colours and a step sequencer would be fantastic!

Hey Moss,
Would it be possible to implement Presonus Faderport V2 in bitwig?
https://www.presonus.com/products/faderport

That would be awesome!

Thanks

Frank

guitarfrenzi wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:26 am With 7.6, Bitwig 3.0, win10 the entire scales section has gone missing on the Push1.

Can't see a way to get chromatic mode on the device it's-self.

Thanks
Works fine here. Can you give some more info? What do you mean by "has gone missing"? What happens when you press the Scales button? Is there an error in the Script window?

TVbene wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:59 pm
TVbene wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:26 pm Hi Jürgen,
two questions about the Maschine Mikro script:
- in the video you said you cannot display MIDI feedback on the Pads, had you tried changing the settings of the pads in Controller Editor? At "LED On" you'd have to change to "For MIDI in", I think. Color Mode "indexed" should also allow controlling the colors.
- what do you think about being able to press "SELECT" twice so that we can select FX tracks with the pads? If changing the pad colors really works this could be a nice way to show which select mode is active.
Have you tried this to access the pad LEDs? It seems this option is quite new and has only been available in Controller Editor since version 2.8.6 of Maschine... Colours and a step sequencer would be fantastic!
No, not possible. You can only set a color via the editor but not change it otherwise.

giana-brotherz666 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:38 pm Hey Moss,
Would it be possible to implement Presonus Faderport V2 in bitwig?
https://www.presonus.com/products/faderport

That would be awesome!

Thanks

Frank
It is possible to implement support :-)

Maybe ask Bitwig since they already support V1.

Return to “Controller Scripting”