Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

JunSev wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 pm
SirkusPi wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm By the way, the FAQ page on the Vengeance website currently actively misleads prospective purchasers about the copy protection scheme. As of this moment, it reads:
does Avenger require a dongle?

no Avenger does not require a dongle. VPS Avenger uses a keyfile based licensing system which is very convenient for the user. After purchase you get a serial number which has to be activated at https://register.vps-avenger.com/ there you can download your keyfile and the content for VPS Avenger
Although Avenger indeed does not require a dongle, I think we can all agree that it is no longer a “keyfile based licensing system which is very convenient for the user.” This matters to some of us. I would hope Vengeance would have the integrity to refund the purchase of anyone who purchases at this point who is misled by this blatant FAQ falsehood.
This information is indeed very misleading, people that don't know anything about the "new license model" would misunderstand easily, it was key file in the past but from some time ago sadly is not anymore.

Actually this information already shouldn't be there and the management should already remove or edit this info according to the "new model".
Ok the management already changed the information and codemeter is mentioned now, that's right and at least they heard a little bit of people concerns, Although if there were mention of the 3 month continuous request for verification to the users from this "new system" and the fact that the software will stop working if not, would be better; it also still says: which is very convenient for the users. Well... is not that convenient really, like come on guys... this is not even user friendly at all, where is the product?... No, is not there anymore.

The user is in a complete dependency of the company = No Product.

But I will leave it at that, Still vengeance should improve in these aspects and treat their users better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I updated to 1.5.1 and seems my content is gone? what happened do I need to download again?

Quick cool tip modulate the offset bottom from the Multiloops with and Arp to create cool chops and different patterns

Got it running, I am not sure whats with that new license that you have to renew every 3 months and if you not you loose the software? that seems absurd. Maybe someone can shed some light of what this is al about again?

Also is there a way to see all the newly added presets somehow?

You will not loose the license, it just needs to be activated again.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

From reading the Codemeter site, I'm assuming Vengeance is using the "cloud" license. So the licenses are stored on the cloud. When you assign it to your PC's Codemeter container, it "assigns" it to your PC for 90 days. The license is not consumed in this way, after 90 days it would show back in your account as available. That's my understanding at least... I could be wrong. Alternatively they could have used a system with a local file that doesn't have to be revalidated, but for whatever reason they chose not to. Looking back at Manuel's posts a few months ago, I'm guessing this is a trial run of Codemeter for them and if it works well they might keep it for Version 2 instead of going to eLicenser?

Yesterday I installed this new 1.51 version, and I don't see any problem with the new copy protection at this time.
Unfortunately when trying out these new guitar Multiloops, I get popping sounds when playing another key. I have also turned off any effect but the problem was not solved.
I was planning to get one of the guitar expansions at this black friday price, but this "sound problem" makes me think what can cause this. Does anyone have such behaviour when playing with multiloops?
---> I think I know what is this:
If I select In the Algorithm 'ElastiqPro' then the cpu is higher and I get these pops,
If I select In the Algorithm 'ElastiqEff' then the cpu is lower but I still get some pops,
If I select In the Algorithm 'Timefreeze' then the cpu is lower and I don't get pops.

rlared wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:46 pm Question: Is there a way to have Avenger transpose the chords an octave higher or lower than recorded? Right now they only play in the octave they were recorded in.
yes, the normal controls like transpose, fine tune etc still work with the guitars.
Furthermore there is an built-in +12octave layer

Where can we add user requests msvs?
the best, mature and normal conversations can still be made in our Avenger FB group (see my signature)
which is very convenient for the users. Well... is not that convenient really, like come on guys..
it IS more convenient than the old system. The old challenge response/keyfile system was harder to understand than this one. Furthermore its more convinient that you NOW can manage your activations yourself. You can deactivate machines yourself. With the old system we had tons of emails where we manually had to reset them. This meant a lot waiting time for the users. Regarding the 3 months activation: this will be very easy over VMAN, I dont get how someone can have a "problem" with this. 1 click all 90(!) days,(maybe 0 clicks when we make the check automatic) is really nothing what hinders you. Its better than a permanent internet connection, which was on the table, too, or a mandatory dongle. And we are in business for 20 (!) years, do you think we disappear tomorrow in the night and leave all your activations? God what paranoid people here are. :scared:

@DuneRave
can you please send us a real support email? Never heard of such a problem before

I m pretty afraid with the new activation maybe someone can post a tut ?

double post

Good morning,

I think the concerns are mainly there, because this protection creates more dependency. The old one was like registering once and then forget about it (until you switch computers). You may not quit business suddenly, but you could run over by a bus. And what then? We would be sad, and then our projects wouldn't load anymore.

The codemeter tutorial skips the part about manual creation of a container. This didn't work automatically here, and I read over the hint about it at first try (I think it's hidden in an expandable note on your register page, where you can download a dummy container or so) and so did a bunch of people.

BTW. I found that the webadmin service of the codemeter installation is not required at all. Everything still runs fine without it. Since it is an additional constantly running background process and a potential security risk, I would recommend to all of you to disable it.
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

@DuneRave
can you please send us a real support email? Never heard of such a problem before
Thanks for the quick feedback, tonight i will write a support email, including my experience and system specs, etc.

msvs wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:19 am
which is very convenient for the users. Well... is not that convenient really, like come on guys..
it IS more convenient than the old system. The old challenge response/keyfile system was harder to understand than this one.
Dude how can say this after what has been happening in the last couple of days? You are clearly in denial. Come on.

Also thank you for clarifying about the activation of 1.4.10. So, do I understand you correctly: Your support will still provide the old installer upon request, and while it is not possible to authorize it on the website, the authorization will still work from the license management tool inside the synth itself, and if there are any issues, your support team will help with authorizing the old version in the future? Is this correct?

Would it also still be possible to purchase some of the older expansions for 1.4.10? If I want to stay on that version, I'm now locked out of buying any more expansions, although considering how you are talking here, you probably don't give a fk about that.

If i undertstand correctly, i autorise my computer for 90 days from the licence cloud . If my computer is stolen or broke between these 90 days , it will still deliver me a new licence for 90 days from the cloud for the next 90 days whatever my computer is, am i right ?

Return to “Instruments”