What are we still lusting for?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bazille already is an (almost) perfect instrument in it's current form for me.
But the prospect of having swappable different flavored filter / oscillator models or some crazy modules i can't yet even think of because i've never had a modular, arouses me even more (spiritually :!: )
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:24 am Non-subscription version of Roland plugins.
Amen!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

FapFilter wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:08 am Bazille already is an (almost) perfect instrument in it's current form for me.
But the prospect of having swappable different flavored filter / oscillator models or some crazy modules i can't yet even think of because i've never had a modular, arouses me even more (spiritually :!: )
Well berlin modular isnt happening, but in the sense of modular with swapable modules we have plenty:

U-He Diva (can say its modular,swapable oscilllators, filters, envelopes)
Massive X
Reaktor 6
Zebra 2/HZ
Hive 2 has became quite modular
Xfer Serum (it has gazilion of filter modules)
Dune 3 (gazilion of filters, 2 swapable envelopes, 3 swapable oscillators, 4 msegs that can be swaped to use instead of envelopes.)
Synhtmaster 2
VPS Avenger and so on...

Bazille is modualar almost in the same sense as more complex modular synths where you can route any module to any module. I just see people call modulars synths that has some sort of cable routing. But look, Serum, Massive has drag and drop, so the same way you drag and drop a cable, its just not a cable, its imaginary cable that ends up later on in the mod matrix.

Really :)

out of these, Zebra seems the most promising in these regards though i never really liked the interface, nor got too warm about it's basic tone... has been ages when i tried it though, so i haven't tried it with the DIVA filter expansion.
Zebra 3 is actually on my radar, but i have yet to see first if i'm getting warmer with it than with Z2.
And to be honest, the prospect of something like a more expandable and even more modulatable Bazille simply turns me much more on, but maybe i'm just weird.

Diva sounds really nice, but it's modulation capabilities are quite limited compared to Bazille. Even in Bazille i wish i could modulate the envelope ADSR curve parameters and include the effects section into the modulation chain.
Diva is also pretty restricting in the way, that the selected oscillator type only allows the number of oscillators the respective modeled synth originally had etc, along with other idiosyncrasies you can never get rid of or change out.

I have Reaktor mainly for sample mangling stuff but actually don't use it that much anymore. Haven't tinkered that much with the Blocks, but i found them not that intuitive to target specific parameters compared to simply dragging a cable from anywhere to everywhere.
Blocks are also monophonic only as far as i remember.

Icarus as a wavetable synth is good enough for me, Massive X would be redundant because wavetable is actually not my most favourite form of synthesis and in Icarus you can at least make your own sounds from scratch, even though you can do tons of stuff with FM etc in MX.
I haven't even looked into it any furher because i simply don't need another wavetable synth.
A wavetable module inside a “Berlin Modular“ would of course be ok with me, if that made any sense... after all... is “Berlin Music“ actually associated with cutting edge wavetable sounds?

I simply find it funny that you're seemingly trying to convince me that what i'm looking/lusting for is actually long available. I personally don't see most those listed as comparable alternatives - like at all.
Maybe there actually is in something like VCV Rack or the Softube Modular. Softube is ilok or something similar, so none existing for me and VCV Rack didn't work properly when i once tried to try it - which might of course have been user error

Still waiting for my “Berlin Modular“, with the (slight?) possibility that i might end up disappointed when/if it finally surfaces.

Nobody can get Vurts humor within 148 posts, look at his numbers and he didn't even celebrate his 54000th in my specialized thread for celebrating number of posts... He's just too fa(s)t...

I'd translate skelfmeat with meat so hard that you'd need to split it with an axe. Though usually only germans write those combinations into a single word...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:44 pm Nobody can get Vurts humor within 148 posts, look at his numbers and he didn't even celebrate his 54000th in my specialized thread for celebrating number of posts... He's just too fa(s)t...

I'd translate skelfmeat with meat so hard that you'd need to split it with an axe. Though usually only germans write those combinations into a single word...
i think hes a bot.

HeywirDeutschenschreibennichtalleszusammen! :party:

Thank's for the explanation though, now i can sleep well again.

to make things worse: i've been lurking here since 2005 or so :clown:

FapFilter wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:58 pm HeywirDeutschenschreibennichtalleszusammen! :party:

Thank's for the explanation though, now i can sleep well again.

to make things worse: i've been lurking here since 2005 or so :clown:
So next year you can celebrate 15 years lurking and 5 years signed up...

And not to forget what I am lusting for: Touché Expressive E...
I am the controller freak, controllers is all the hardware I am lusting for...

Touché Expressive E...
on the first glimpse i thought this is going to be another form of newfangled skelfmeat, never heard of that before...

Will look it up, first google results look - not so much of the ordinary :o

FapFilter wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:55 pm What are we still lusting for?

Nothing. I am complete. :tu:

felis wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:14 pm
FapFilter wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:55 pm What are we still lusting for?

Nothing. I am complete. :tu:
:party:
winner!

Not lusting for anything in particular at the moment. I have everything I need for now.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Yup, unless that mysterious Berlin Modular meets (or even exceeds) my expectations, i think i don't need anything else.
Even if plugins continue to improve even more... what i have sure sounds - and is - more than good enough for me.

Ok, forgot to mention that i'm going to buy a new laptop when Reaper 6 arrives that will stay unmodified after initial setup and only receive bugfixes and free updates. My current one from 2010 isn't up for the task. But i'm not lusting for the new one - it's just going to be the thing that'll settle the deal for me.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:36 am
codec_spurt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:50 am
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:05 pm :lol:

I doubt many natives would actually understand what he said...
Me and him originate from probably about 10 miles apart at most, and I have no f**king clue.

Awww Dude...

The War of the Roses man...

It's so last century like...

Duuudes, just get over it yah!

:hihi:
:lol:

We're actually both Lancastrians, though I've lived well over half my life in these 'ere badlands over t'border, whilst m'laddo there has defected to posh Cheshire... :hihi:
explains why im eating so much f**king houmous :o

Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:24 am Non-subscription version of Roland plugins.
+1
Shiek927 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:17 am Would love to see the V-Synth and JP8000 as well.

Would also love to see vsts of the Nord Lead, Waldorf Q and Novation Supernova.
+10
Shiek927 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:17 am I simply love the 90s/2000's sound and synths from that era have such a great character, which makes it all the more shame that there's hardly any desire to make authentic plugins from that era. It feels like every developer instead is more focused on making cleaner and cleaner wavetable synths when I'm not the biggest fan of either wavetables or cleanliness: it's character that I want from my synth plugins.
+100

I'm not lusing for any existing plugins, my dream softsynth would be something combining the best sounding parts and the most interesting fetaures of Virus TI, Massive X, Rapid, Repro and Diva but since I own all the above nothing stops me from combining them myself. :)

I have serious GAS for Berhinger K-2 but I'm not sure adding yet another hardware synth is what I actually need to be more productive (I already have two but my workflow is still mostly software-centered).

I'm saving up for a pair of better monitors and Sonarworks Reference 4 but it's hardly what I'm lusing for, more a necessity.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”