One Synth Challenge #130: Phase Plant by Kilohearts (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

doctorbob wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:12 pm … re Soundcloud … but 180 minutes is 36 five minute tracks, so even if you keep them, you can still do 36 or more OSC's in a row! Or am I missing something?
Unfortunately it's 180 minutes or 15 tracks, whichever comes first.

You could do 1 account per album, but what a hassle. Bye sc.
Also apologies, i should have posted this in general OSC topic.

Daru925 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:19 pm You could do 1 account per album, but what a hassle. Bye sc.
Also apologies, i should have posted this in general OSC topic.
Or you could just pay the amount each month. They are providing a service afterall :shrug:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

No i'm too greedy for that and my wife doesn't prostitute herself enough to pay for all these subs.

… but for OSC purposes only that's still a year or so's worth if you do one each month and not skip any.

dB

I'm on the pro plan for a long time now without regrets, considering that I only have it for the OSC. So...I'm fine with it.
By the way: This synth is flipping unreal. Have you tried phase and/or frequency modulation, yet?!? OH MY goodness. So good.

Hi everyone.
I'm Per and I'm with Kilohearts. I just wanted to wish everyone good luck and address the problems some of you have been having with the installer.
We _think_ that a lot of it has to do with limited bandwidth on our distribution server. Since the release of Phase Plant the pressure has been rising dramatically and we may have been hitting the limit these last few weeks. If you install Phase Plant and some factory content is missing, it is very likely due to a time-out during downloading. Try the tip mentioned above and uninstall, then install again. Hammering the server might not be what the doctor ordered but 70% of the time it works every time.

Cheers!

StuSmith wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:22 pm Lol... not omniscient though as I don't know who anyone from the other platforms is here on KVR!
Not to worry, Stu, the Omnipresent, I'm merely unknown.
574X wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:14 am This is a song-in-a-patch type of synth and they had top tier sound design that shipped with the initial release of it.
Wait just a minute. I've confused Phase Plant with Pigments. Wow, how embarrassing… and look at this already.
unkn phase plant.jpg
And Daru, what an offensive thing to say. She’s doing a great job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quick, _ake what you want in life

Per Salbark wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 am Hi everyone.
I'm Per and I'm with Kilohearts. I just wanted to wish everyone good luck and address the problems some of you have been having with the installer.
We _think_ that a lot of it has to do with limited bandwidth on our distribution server. Since the release of Phase Plant the pressure has been rising dramatically and we may have been hitting the limit these last few weeks. If you install Phase Plant and some factory content is missing, it is very likely due to a time-out during downloading. Try the tip mentioned above and uninstall, then install again. Hammering the server might not be what the doctor ordered but 70% of the time it works every time.

Cheers!
Now, if some drama spells GREAT NEWS, it's when the bandwidth can't keep up with the demand, isn't it!? :hyper:
Well, if the presets could be downloaded separately from something like google drive or the likes, this would totally do the trick. Or at least, if the installer could look for presets directly, it would be less troublesome. Right now, I'd be scared having to pray for another chance to install the whole thing, because I wouldn't want to lose a minute working with your incredible gem. I am already in love with it! :love:
Thus far I was forced to create my presets from scratch, but I virtually always do anyway, making it less problematic for me. However, I'd love to check out the wavetables and what other goodies you might have in them. :hyper:
Anyway, congratulations on a real treasure to the music world! :hug:

OH, just one thing I find a bit wanting about the curves of the envelopes on decay and release. It feels like I'd want to be able to invert the exponent. That somehow keeps teasing me.

I have started a thread for discussion of the soundcloud issues people mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=535733

Please feel free to join in the discussion.

Taron wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 am ...Right now, I'd be scared having to pray for another chance to install the whole thing, because I wouldn't want to lose a minute working with your incredible gem.
Taron at least in my case, Windows 10, when opening the Kilohearts installer and choose uninstall only Phase Plant, "the whole thing" was not uninstalled. The folder with the factory contents like the presets, samples, wavetables remained all there. What the installer did was finish downloading the files that were not finished. So I think the advice given before by Per Salbark is a good one. At least I had no problems and I finished downloading everything after two attempts as I told you before in my previous post. :tu:

Thanks, L, trying it right now! :tu:

Really nice and easy to understand synth! At first I was worried that it will be something similar to Melda's MSoundFactory where I really quickly forgot the initial idea while setting up my own patch :D Phaseplant reminds me a little bit of Arturia's Pigment which is nice. I really like most of the factory presets. Got few ideas really fast, but I have to be careful - few of my favorite factory presets involves sample module which is not allowed in this challenge :D
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

The "re-install" totally worked! Didn't make no sense, but it worked and I did get to TRY all the other little goodies, too, without which the presets apparently wouldn't have worked anyway. That slicer thing is quite fascinating, but trial won't allow editing, which is a shame. Anyway, loads of magic!

And, Medniex, I wouldn't ever dare comparing anything to the madness of melda! :uhuhuh:

Return to “Instruments”