Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

New skin is Slate only..

I am working on a vintage style skin too... if you have any ideas re: skins I’m happy to work on some stuff.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:38 pm New skin is Slate only..

I am working on a vintage style skin too... if you have any ideas re: skins I’m happy to work on some stuff.
I'd gladly pay extra for one that has devil horns on Stevens head. And even more for a game where we can throw darts at him :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hi Phil,
It could be great to have Polyphonic lfo, hopefully the g- env are poly, but every poly synth, poly not para :) sorry I couldn't resist, like Ana2 need poly lfo's!
An ETA about mpe integration?
Best
YY

hi guys im new to ANA 2 cause of the great sale, really like the sound of this but changing presets is not fluid, could this be improved?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

how do you mean not fluid? is it taking a long time to change presets?

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:24 pm how do you mean not fluid? is it taking a long time to change presets?
yeah :)

are there maybe plans to add to the sampler more options like granular synthesis etc.? doesnt have to, but just askin ;D- love the sampler so far.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Missed the Black Friday sale. Any plans for Christmas?

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:24 pm how do you mean not fluid? is it taking a long time to change presets?
I reported the sluggishness in changing patches on the SA forum some time ago:

https://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/ana-2 ... ms/34805/6

Although I have no issues with (speed of) loading new presets, there are some quirks that could be addressed in the future updates:
- the drop-down browser for the preset packs (the little triangle above the button "save") - I click on it and nothing happens. sometimes it works, most of the times it doesn't.
- the sampler knobs (start, loop start, loop end) seem to be inexplicably tied together and they all move by adjusting just one of them (!)
- the various pop-up windows that appear inside the GUI (WT Browser, Matrix, Arp etc.) they all have that close button but the experience is inconsistent due to them having different sizes. A method of closing by clicking for instance anywhere in the blank area on header of the window would be awesome (rick click to close, or doubleclick to close... something that doesn't require finding the X)

Apart from these, the synth is a beauty.

Ana 2 is very sluggish while loading wavetables.
Win7x64, i5quad, 20Gb Ram
The average bored guy

I wouldn't say very, just noticeably sluggish with 3D wavetables.
Meanwhile, I wish there was a color indication for effectively inactive (due to any reason, either voice count or volume) oscillators or sample slots
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:58 pm I wouldn't say very, just noticeably sluggish with 3D wavetables.
Meanwhile, I wish there was a color indication for effectively inactive (due to any reason, either voice count or volume) oscillators or sample slots
I like the not in use oscs being indicated.. good idea! Will add it to the feature list. Thanks!

Hey Phil! I'd also propose both color and symbolic indication, as several of my friends are colorblind
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Sometimes wavetables take minutes to load. So I would call it verrry sluggish.

BUT! That´s the only flaw. It´s such an incredible instrument. Sticks out off the mass.
It eats CPU but it deserves that. And the 49€ deal was crazy.
Thanx for that.
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:10 am Sometimes wavetables take minutes to load. So I would call it verrry sluggish.

BUT! That´s the only flaw. It´s such an incredible instrument. Sticks out off the mass.
It eats CPU but it deserves that. And the 49€ deal was crazy.
Thanx for that.
Can you give an example (preset name)? From the patches I've tried, some load up to two seconds (usually faster). Still slower compared to Dune 3 (and on par with Massive X), but really minutes?

Return to “Instruments”