Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
jcredland
KVRist
61 posts since 19 Nov, 2018

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

Moving local.db to another drive isn't a feature at the moment. How big is yours?

You can probably hack it with some OS feature. Windows or Mac?

bassline22
KVRer
26 posts since 13 Aug, 2019

Re: Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:54 pm

its not a game changer and the hack i can prob suss out at this end..cheers

jcredland
KVRist

Post Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 am

Make sure the local.db goes on a fast drive if it's big. Otherwise searching will be rubbish :)

RikkShow
KVRer
24 posts since 14 Nov, 2017

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:06 am

jcredland wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:54 am
Multitrack - try shoving it in solo mode and use the tracks as a shortlist of ideas. It's not supposed to replace your DAW :)
I think multi-track is great. I can start with one loop, and then browse for another to see how well it matches, and if not, I just keep browsing. WAY faster then dragging loops into the DAW one-by-one to try.

But once I find, say two loops that I want, then I want to drag them in as two individual loops. How do I do that?

jcredland
KVRist

Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:20 am

RikkShow: right now: press the S (solo) button. Click the first track and drag out from PROCESSED, repeat from the second track. There's a feature request open to have a drag-both-at-once option. And probably we will make it so you can drag from the track tab area too to get any single track.

bassline22
KVRer
26 posts since 13 Aug, 2019

Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:22 pm

definitely enjoy the presets.. is there a way to expand on these especially with drum presets... eg 100 x hihat midi, 100 perc midi

RikkShow
KVRer

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 pm

Just want to let you know that LC5 has a habit to 'grab' a file that is downloaded from the internet (not from LC itself) and into one of the folders I have indexed/scanned by LC, before the download is completed. When the browser or download manager tries to convert the file from a download type file into a wav it generates an error. I think LC has done something or has taken ownership so the the file name cannot be changed to a wav. I hope it makes sense. I added a screen shot of an example of how the downloaded file ends up (sometimes, but not always). After shutting LC down I re-downloaded the file and it ends up as a wav, just the way it should.
LC5 grabs files.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaster
KVRist
406 posts since 22 Apr, 2004 from Ireland

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:39 am

This is normal behavior for an Operating System that it locks the file when it does an operation on it (not even LC). Don't download into an indexed folder or don't index automatically.

RikkShow
KVRer

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Blaster wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:39 am
This is normal behavior for an Operating System that it locks the file when it does an operation on it (not even LC). Don't download into an indexed folder or don't index automatically.
It is LC that does it, not the OS. Would be better if you could pause LC's indexing (or whatever) while downloading files, rather than having to shut it down. One might be in the middle of something, so that is no bueno. Alternatively, if LC can hold off for a few sec when it a first finds a new file, then it would also solve the issue, or if that is problematic, wait to grab it until the file type is a wav.

Return to “Instruments”