Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Moving local.db to another drive isn't a feature at the moment. How big is yours?

You can probably hack it with some OS feature. Windows or Mac?

its not a game changer and the hack i can prob suss out at this end..cheers

Make sure the local.db goes on a fast drive if it's big. Otherwise searching will be rubbish :)

jcredland wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:54 pm Multitrack - try shoving it in solo mode and use the tracks as a shortlist of ideas. It's not supposed to replace your DAW :)
I think multi-track is great. I can start with one loop, and then browse for another to see how well it matches, and if not, I just keep browsing. WAY faster then dragging loops into the DAW one-by-one to try.

But once I find, say two loops that I want, then I want to drag them in as two individual loops. How do I do that?

RikkShow: right now: press the S (solo) button. Click the first track and drag out from PROCESSED, repeat from the second track. There's a feature request open to have a drag-both-at-once option. And probably we will make it so you can drag from the track tab area too to get any single track.

definitely enjoy the presets.. is there a way to expand on these especially with drum presets... eg 100 x hihat midi, 100 perc midi

Just want to let you know that LC5 has a habit to 'grab' a file that is downloaded from the internet (not from LC itself) and into one of the folders I have indexed/scanned by LC, before the download is completed. When the browser or download manager tries to convert the file from a download type file into a wav it generates an error. I think LC has done something or has taken ownership so the the file name cannot be changed to a wav. I hope it makes sense. I added a screen shot of an example of how the downloaded file ends up (sometimes, but not always). After shutting LC down I re-downloaded the file and it ends up as a wav, just the way it should.
LC5 grabs files.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is normal behavior for an Operating System that it locks the file when it does an operation on it (not even LC). Don't download into an indexed folder or don't index automatically.

Blaster wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:39 pm This is normal behavior for an Operating System that it locks the file when it does an operation on it (not even LC). Don't download into an indexed folder or don't index automatically.
It is LC that does it, not the OS. Would be better if you could pause LC's indexing (or whatever) while downloading files, rather than having to shut it down. One might be in the middle of something, so that is no bueno. Alternatively, if LC can hold off for a few sec when it a first finds a new file, then it would also solve the issue, or if that is problematic, wait to grab it until the file type is a wav.

What are you using to download them with? We can give it a test and see if we can repeat and fix this?

Just noticed the 50% Annual subscription offer ends tomorrow! Are you allowed or is there a way to extend your subscription for a further year by adding it on to a one already in place?

Are there any plans to improve the browsers in the play instruments? It'd be nice to be able to show packs you've bought, and also to not have a single long scrollable vertical list of presets.

Also, maybe I'm being dumb, but they cant be opened in standalone via loopcloud can they?

when is the update coming that allows you to hide folders.. i have house hip hop techno reggae drum n bass libraries so it would be great to hide them if im not working in certain genres..

jcredland, sorry to pepper you with another LC5 question but I was wondering if you think it's possible that LM would reconsider the decision to provide full soundpacks in ZIP (main) format only. Why aren't Apple loop-formatted packs available as well? I realize individual loops are available in this format but (maybe because I'm a creature of habit) I tend to want to get entire packs. One of the factors that went into my decision to opt for LC5 was the assumption that the points I would earn with the subscription could be used for this. To provide only ZIP (main) content for full packs seems limited and I don't really understand that point of it.

I like working in the LC5 environment but sometimes I just want to work directly in Logic.

I hope this option could be added at some point. Thanks for listening ...

The tabs added in v5.1 have made the app infinitely better to use, thanks :tu:

Return to “Instruments”