Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:16 pm where the moog components are made....
Give us a rest please.
* Only DSI is sourcing fully in USA
* USA smd/smt components are 20-30% more expensive
* "Model D is $200 worth of parts" -- quote fixed
Last edited by david.beholder on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 pm
Give us a rest please.
* USA smd/smt components are 20-30% more expensive, Model D is $120 worth of components.
and?

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:16 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:15 pm
david.beholder wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:12 pm
Cyforce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:01 am I still wondering how they archived it, to create such really good sounding hardware clones (with modular in/outs as well) for such a bargain pricing...
With normal hardware engineering and with volume production instead of putting 300% margin on it.
There is absolutely no secrets in HW audio in terms of engineering and production. And companies like Moog are charging for brand more than for RND.
tbf moog pay staff better than will be paid in the chinese factory...
where the moog components are made....
indeed.

im just giving part of the reason you pay more for moog. ok, some is brand but it's no secret chinese factory workers arent paid as much as people in western countries, let alone in companies that pay employees well.

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm and?
$2999 retail for $200 worth made from parts around the globe synth that is clone of original from 60ths
Last edited by david.beholder on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm
Give us a rest please.
* USA smd/smt components are 20-30% more expensive, Model D is $120 worth of components.
and?
do you find it weird, when you're in agreement with somebody, when they take an argumentative stance while still agreeing with you? :lol:

hes still doing it :hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm
Give us a rest please.
and?
do you find it weird, when you're in agreement with somebody, when they take an argumentative stance while still agreeing with you? :lol:

bizzare :nutter:

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm do you find it weird, when you're in agreement with somebody, when they take an argumentative stance while still agreeing with you? :lol:
we're in partial agreement. some moog parts are actually US made.
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:31 pm im just giving part of the reason you pay more for moog. ok, some is brand but it's no secret chinese factory workers arent paid as much as people in western countries, let alone in companies that pay employees well.
what it time spend by us worker per one synth, like 10-20 minutes?
Last edited by david.beholder on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:36 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm do you find it weird, when you're in agreement with somebody, when they take an argumentative stance while still agreeing with you? :lol:
we're in partial agreement. some moog parts are actually US made.

the letters on the back? :hihi:

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 pm the letters on the back? :hihi:
wood cheeks?
molded knobs?
one film resister per board?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:38 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 pm the letters on the back? :hihi:
wood cheeks?
molded knobs?
one film resister per board?

I'll stick to soup of the day if it's OK with you

As to Moog, I don't feel like paying extra for the work of American employees who are already paid much more than I am :P
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Blue and red versions are in stock at Thomann right now. Just ordered the blue one :love:

Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid :party:

I ordered one from Muziker a few weeks ago, as I had expected delivery was postponed today. Still no RD-8 or Pro1 in their shop, either. I don't mind, as long as I can get one of each for cheap.

My unit arrived yesterday, and like many people say it sounds a little too bright out of the box, so I adjusted the VCF Offset to make it sound darker as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPspmnXyNNs
Since I don't have an original 303, I used ABL3 to compare the filters. I'm quite happy with the result :tu:

Reefius wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:42 am My unit arrived yesterday, and like many people say it sounds a little too bright out of the box, so I adjusted the VCF Offset to make it sound darker as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPspmnXyNNs
Since I don't have an original 303, I used ABL3 to compare the filters. I'm quite happy with the result :tu:
To my ears you've nailed it. It has a darker character with the adjustment and it now gets really bubbly at low resonance. To me it is close enough to call it a day. There is good news on another front. Another user has figured out why the slide isn't quite sounding right - when programming a slide in pitch mode on a step the ties are not added in automatically on time mode like they are on the real unit. They can be added manually however. He has contacted Behringer and we are hoping for a firmware update to get the behaviours to match.

From Thorsten Bösing on Facebook

Rising Star · Yesterday at 6:30 AM
Found a solution for the TD3 Slide problem. I recorded it and sended it to my friends at Behringer. Here my points in short :-)

At Tb 303:
When you program a Slide in Pitch mode on a step.
The next Note will add a tie in Time mode automatically.
So that the normal TB 303 behavior.

Bug at TD-3:

When you program a Slide in Pitch mode on a step.
The next Note will "NOT" add a tie in Time mode automatically.
So that must be changed /fixed.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”