SynthMaster One v1.4.4 update: Now compatible with Apple M1 + SIMD performance Improvements

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Are all the bugs dealt with now? Stable?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Howgs wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:43 am
Proken wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:35 am Synthmaster One is less buggy right now, looks way better. Really love this synth. Also I noticed something odd when drag n drop modulating. When I drag and drop Mod 1 to filter 1 cutoff, it doesn’t effect it whilst it says it is modulated. When I take mod 2 it does work, which is strange. Anyone else encountered this problem?
The Mod 1 enveloppe is assigned to the Filter 1 Cutoff by default. You can use the Mod Env knob in the filter window rather than go in the mod matrix to change how much mod 1 affects the cutoff
OK, I feel so stupid right now. :dog:

Excellent update, haven't used this for a while and thought I'd see how it was getting on. Really enjoying the new functions.

I really love the scale functions, although I came across something that made me scratch my head. I had one instance of Synthmaster on a track just on normal chromatic mode. And then loaded another instance on a different channel and thought I'd try some pentatonic scales. Well, changing the scale and mode on one plugin changed the other! Then I thought somehow they are linked through Global, so switched to Preset, but this made no effect on the sound whatsoever. Is this a bug or do I need to RTFM?

farjedi wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:57 am I really love the scale functions, although I came across something that made me scratch my head. I had one instance of Synthmaster on a track just on normal chromatic mode. And then loaded another instance on a different channel and thought I'd try some pentatonic scales. Well, changing the scale and mode on one plugin changed the other! Then I thought somehow they are linked through Global, so switched to Preset, but this made no effect on the sound whatsoever. Is this a bug or do I need to RTFM?
That's odd. will test it tomorrow morning.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Can anyone familiar with the Synthmaster ecosystem confirm these things?

*Expansions sold by KV331 only work in Synthmaster 2.9 and Synthmaster Player and don't work in Synthmaster One
*Synthmaster One (PC) factory patches can be used in Synthmaster One (ios)

The two synths are probably incompatible. Just compare the different features, no wonder Synthmaster One presets don't work in Synthmaster and vice versa.

ecamburn wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 pm Can anyone familiar with the Synthmaster ecosystem confirm these things?

*Expansions sold by KV331 only work in Synthmaster 2.9 and Synthmaster Player and don't work in Synthmaster One
Correct!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hi guys, glad to announce our 1st beta for SynthMaster One v1.3.7 (VST/AU/AAX, Revision 8780). Here's the change log (since our last release v1.3.4):

v1.3.7
1. NEW: SynthMaster One installers are now MacOSX Catalina compatible
2. NEW: Added MIDI Learn for discrete controls
3. NEW: Added MIDI Learn for modulation amount knobs
4. FIX: Analog synth tunings are one semitone down
5. FIX: SynthMaster One keeps asking to send crash report although user accepted/rejected before
6. FIX: Clear modulations for knobs/sliders doesn't work
7. FIX: Voices don't terminate when filter output volume is set to a high value

v1.3.6
1. FIX: SynthMaster One engine loads all factory waveforms, consuming around 300 MB upon launch

v1.3.5
1. FIX: SynthMaster One freezes when showing message boxes inside Cubase on Windows
2. FIX: Sub oscillator phase should be dependent on the main osc phase regardless of free running or not
3. FIX: SynthMaster One Windows Setup doesn't ask for installation folder when run after the first time
4. FIX: SynthMaster One resets transport when recording status changes
5. FIX: Distortion drive view doesn't work correctly

The downloads are availble on your user area: https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

I'll have a 2nd beta coming up in a couple of days, which includes fixes for our cloud implementation, modified UI for Browser/Shop (to be in sync with our iOS version), and better support for creating expansion banks

FYI: I will be increasing revision number instead of version number in the following v1.3.7 Beta releases. Revision number will be our main criteria to check for product updates.
Last edited by kv331 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

Works at KV331 Audio

I think questions like why the presets don't work in Synthmaster One and Synthmaster both are caused by their names. If you didn't know anything about Synthmaster then the names appear to suggest since Synthmaster is in version 2, that Synthmaster One seems like the version just before the current one instead of a completely different synth. If the name of the synth was just "One" or even "The One" (I really liked that movie with Jet Li btw) I don't think it would be as confusing.

Well when SM 3 is released, it will be the latest "one". And it will play all presets, based on what we have been told.

And I assume that the SynthMaster One name was referring to the one page, one layer characteristics of a simpler synth workflow ...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Interesting Mac installer Bulent :)
I of course only need VST, no AU or AAX, but it seems to want to have to install at least two formats not just one :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:34 pm Interesting Mac installer Bulent :)
I of course only need VST, no AU or AAX, but it seems to want to have to install at least two formats not just one :)
rsp
Thanks Richard! fixing tomorrow, interesting bug :)
Works at KV331 Audio

:).. You are welcome :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:53 pm :).. You are welcome :)
rsp
Are you on Catalina by the way? Did it install without any warnings?
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”