Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
chk071
KVRAF
22446 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 am

Reefius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 am
I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
It probably still works... on Windows 95. ;)

If it has a 16-bit installer, there's no way it can be installed on 64-bit Windows.

steve.lindqvist
KVRist
220 posts since 20 Jan, 2019

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:30 am

Reefius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 am
I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
:tu: Childhood memories, never could afford these big boxes with magic software in it.

kritikon
KVRAF
5105 posts since 24 May, 2002 from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:40 pm

steve.lindqvist wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:30 am
Reefius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 am
I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
:tu: Childhood memories, never could afford these big boxes with magic software in it.
Software? There's software inside?
I always assumed it was tiny gnomes with clipboards that could write and do sums really quickly. With ants in miniature hamster wheels to power it all. So you mean I don't have to pour honey in through those ports to feed the ants any more?

steve.lindqvist
KVRist
220 posts since 20 Jan, 2019

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 am

kritikon wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:40 pm
steve.lindqvist wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:30 am
Reefius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 am
I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
:tu: Childhood memories, never could afford these big boxes with magic software in it.
Software? There's software inside?
I always assumed it was tiny gnomes with clipboards that could write and do sums really quickly. With ants in miniature hamster wheels to power it all. So you mean I don't have to pour honey in through those ports to feed the ants any more?
I don't know if you are pulling my leg but yeah, I used to go to the local music store with my dad. There was a shelf with this software boxes including this Cubase version. I was a little boy just experiencing the uprising computer world and this was absolutely unaffordable - but attracted me magically.

Sindikhate
KVRist
93 posts since 26 Jun, 2016 from London, UK / Hanover, Germany

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 am

BONES wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 pm
After the first two-and-a-half minutes I wasn't expecting metal guitars, nice change up. It reminds me a bit of a band/artist who used to get some dancefloor play in the Goth/EBM clubs over here in the mid-90s. I can't think of their name but they used the same giant kick sound and had the same kind of energy as this. Not my cup of tea in any way but well made, for sure.
The guitars were sampled from rammstein...

ramseysounds
KVRian
533 posts since 9 Jul, 2014 from UK

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 am

Anyone notice that the scroll wheel appears a lot slower on this latest update? Finding an instrument for the vst rack or inserting an effect seems to take 10 times as long. Can the mousewheel speed can be changed? :?:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

chk071
KVRAF
22446 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:52 am

ramseysounds wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 am
Anyone notice that the scroll wheel appears a lot slower on this latest update? Finding an instrument for the vst rack or inserting an effect seems to take 10 times as long.
Did they do it like they did in Studio One maybe? If so, try scrolling on the scroll bar to scroll faster. Just a shot in the dark.

I don't like that behavior in Studio One at all, by the way... it was much easier before, when scrolling was similarly fast, no matter where you scrolled...

ramseysounds
KVRian
533 posts since 9 Jul, 2014 from UK

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:12 am

Never used Studio one, so no idea
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

mountainmaster
KVRist
32 posts since 10 Jun, 2007

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Reefius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 am
I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
While cleaning up the other day I found my old Cubase 1.0 lite box. For the Atari of course. Including vintage stickers in mint condition!

Image

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
6783 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Re: Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:55 pm

mountainmaster wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:08 pm
Reefius wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:51 am
I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
While cleaning up the other day I found my old Cubase 1.0 lite box. For the Atari of course. Including vintage stickers in mint condition!

Image
And Studio One STILL doesn't have a built-in staff view!!! :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”