ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Anybody else having fl studio crashing problems loading projects with N3? Had this same problem couple years ago when spire evolved from an update, they eventually did something right to not make it crash, maybe refx can get in touch with reveal sound lmao

mgw38 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 pm
woodsdenis wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:36 pm Anyone else getting hard crashes on Mac 10.12.6 in Cubase, Studio One and Live 10 (all latest versions) when trying to activate, sometimes it seems to and 10 secs later crash to desktop.
Yes.

But ReFx just reached out to me and said they will push out an update soon that should fix this. It appears that there is hope. :pray:
Me too lost a whole day. Didn't fix it
Where can i send the invoice for my lost hours :(

Please fix it!!!!
Cubase crashes but live works

Reefius wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:29 pm It is quite possible they changed it a while ago. Since I already had the 'old' version I never noticed anything until I installed N3.

I also wonder, if they renamed a bunch of presets and some of these presets were used in any of my projects, will those projects still load properly?
It's possible, I guess if all the samples are still there then they probably would load in a project. We're all guessing that what they've done is just rejig some melodies, but if anything was more substantially changed or dropped, then that could be a problem.

That expansion really was just a fun one, but its quite possible someone used some of the elements for a project.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm on Ableton, got the 3.0.4 update and still can't activate Nexus 3. Stays on the "activating" endlessly and never activates. I'm just gonna get a refund or do a chargeback to my credit card if they give me a hassle about the refund, guess I'll get Omnisphere instead. Pretty sure it will be usable after it's paid for unlike Nexus 3.

X86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:31 pm I'm on Ableton, got the 3.0.4 update and still can't activate Nexus 3. Stays on the "activating" endlessly and never activates. I'm just gonna get a refund or do a chargeback to my credit card if they give me a hassle about the refund, guess I'll get Omnisphere instead. Pretty sure it will be usable after it's paid for unlike Nexus 3.
Omnisphere and Komplete 12 are the only 2 plugins that deserve to be more than 200$, but you're late now, you should get a physical copy from a dealer on black friday week, so you can save 50 bucks or more. Got mine last year for 320€ instead the 400€ it cost on spectrasonic's website. Dealers have it on a regular 370€ the rest of the year.

Will the 4 Macros be mapped in the future?
There is no way to map them by myself. If I save them and an update overwrites them. Also it is a workflow killer to map these macros, would be nice if they will be mapped like Avenger etc.
The 4 macros have been for me one of the main reasons to update to N3. Till now they are useless.

Will the effect presets from Nexus2 be added again ? Also I miss the Info of sound designer and size. Would be cool to choose sounddesgner in browser.

On ableton 10.1 and Win10/64 I get a distorted or bitcrushed sound, after selecting some presets. I have to swith the plugin off and on again, to get normal sound back.

The Komplete Kontrol Templates from
https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.ph ... l-maschine
also don't work well, the Nexus3 Browser becomes unvisible.

RememberBeats wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 pm
X86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:31 pm I'm on Ableton, got the 3.0.4 update and still can't activate Nexus 3. Stays on the "activating" endlessly and never activates. I'm just gonna get a refund or do a chargeback to my credit card if they give me a hassle about the refund, guess I'll get Omnisphere instead. Pretty sure it will be usable after it's paid for unlike Nexus 3.
Omnisphere and Komplete 12 are the only 2 plugins that deserve to be more than 200$, but you're late now, you should get a physical copy from a dealer on black friday week, so you can save 50 bucks or more. Got mine last year for 320€ instead the 400€ it cost on spectrasonic's website. Dealers have it on a regular 370€ the rest of the year.
Yeah honestly, with the insane price of expansion packs Nexus 3 should be like 99 bucks tops, or less even.

X86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:15 pm Yeah honestly, with the insane price of expansion packs Nexus 3 should be like 99 bucks tops, or less even.
Well, I'm glad they continue to move more expansion packs in to the legacy category (currently only $20 a piece, and less as you buy more).

I agree, the packs are quite expensive, but you can be pretty selective of what you buy. I've been putting most of my money in to avenger, so I'll probably not be spending much more on nexus after this upgrade, but I did purchase a few legacy packs I've wanted for a while.

Nexus 3.0.5 out, and it still wont activate on Ableton. Still unusable. WTF....

Is their Advent Calendar not working again? A few days ago it loaded for me.. now it just gives a 404 error.

X86 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:01 am Nexus 3.0.5 out, and it still wont activate on Ableton. Still unusable. WTF....
You guys paid to be beta testers. In a year, when its on discount and more stable, it will probably be the right time to buy.

VitaminD wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:25 am
X86 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:01 am Nexus 3.0.5 out, and it still wont activate on Ableton. Still unusable. WTF....
You guys paid to be beta testers. In a year, when its on discount and more stable, it will probably be the right time to buy.
sadly this seems to be the norm nowadays with music software and video games. I am downloading my update now and hoping for the best. Using Studio One 4.

edit: seems to be working good so far. Is there no other skins or colors available?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

VitaminD wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:25 am
Sadly that's probably quite accurate.

Dude, maybe something's wrong with your Ableton installation? Ever considered that instead of pointing fingers at refx in every other post? I have Ableton Live Suite 10.1.5 and N3 is running just fine from version 3.0 on. Just sayin' it's not necessarily N3's fault...

bM3w wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:37 am
Dude, maybe something's wrong with your Ableton installation? Ever considered that instead of pointing fingers at refx in every other post? I have Ableton Live Suite 10.1.5 and N3 is running just fine from version 3.0 on. Just sayin' it's not necessarily N3's fault...
Uh, yeah... I have considered that it was Ableton and I've tried doing a complete reinstall of Ableton (which is insane anyway, needing to reinstall your DAW to get a single plugin to work??), and that didn't fix it so I've ruled that out as the issue. I've tried several of their updates already it always hangs on activating. It has done this on 3.0.3, 3.0.4, and now 3.0.5.
Last edited by X86 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”