Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks guys :tu:

Uncle E wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:09 am
Psuper wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:34 am Microphones - anyone know of any significant deals coming up for them?

I've been looking for a good deal on the Slate VMS ML-1 or Townsend Sphere L22 for a long time - I really want to go the modeling route. I was hoping they'd drop significantly or a new player would enter the ring to shake things up
I made a modeling mic called the NOS12. The mic itself is a circuit clone of a vintage C12, complete with a 6072 tube, a custom Cinemag transformer, a large diaphragm dual-capsule, a vintage-style head basket, and oil-in-paper capacitors that I sourced from Russia. The sales pitch is "How do you emulate a classic mic? You start with a classic mic" because the mic already has the fundamental components and characteristics of the most sought after vintage mics, all the software has to do is match the frequency responses.

We made some recordings of the NOS12 with its U47 emulations compared against the actual two vintage U47's we emulated and it sounds closer to them than they do to each other. :)
I totally missed your post, thanks for the heads up. I decided I'm not going with Slate and was set on Sphere, however I'm definitely intrigued with your mic and will dig around some I'd love to see some reviews first truthfully -- I'm not normally an early adopter, at least with more pricey items.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:19 am I totally missed your post, thanks for the heads up. I decided I'm not going with Slate and was set on Sphere, however I'm definitely intrigued with your mic and will dig around some I'd love to see some reviews first truthfully -- I'm not normally an early adopter, at least with more pricey items.
Thanks! My mic is $299.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm I can recommend getting the Abbey Road Collection. ...I believe that upgrading bundles always gets you whatever has been added since your last upgrade, too.
I don't think that this is the case with the Abbey Road plugins:
"* The Abbey Road Collection is excluded from new plugins being added for free with a current Waves Update Plan."
It is from the "Waves Update Plan" description page:
https://www.waves.com/support/waves-upd ... 1-EALw_wcB

So I did purchase the "Tonal Balance Bundle" from iZotope, and I received three different serial numbers for Ozone 9, Neutron 3, and Nectar 3 (ie, not a single "bundle" serial). Does anyone know if those serials are somehow tied to each other? I already own Nectar 3 so that serial is going to waste unless I can sell/gift it to someone else.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

I’m sure you can transfer separate serials. This has always been the case.

Ceej wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 am So I did purchase the "Tonal Balance Bundle" from iZotope, and I received three different serial numbers for Ozone 9, Neutron 3, and Nectar 3 (ie, not a single "bundle" serial). Does anyone know if those serials are somehow tied to each other? I already own Nectar 3 so that serial is going to waste unless I can sell/gift it to someone else.
Give nectar 3 an interesting price and someone may buy it from you...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Fleer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:17 pm I’m sure you can transfer separate serials. This has always been the case.
I concur. I’ve done it several times with no problem.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am
Psuper wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:19 am I totally missed your post, thanks for the heads up. I decided I'm not going with Slate and was set on Sphere, however I'm definitely intrigued with your mic and will dig around some I'd love to see some reviews first truthfully -- I'm not normally an early adopter, at least with more pricey items.
Thanks! My mic is $299.
Link????

Just a heads-up: I got the email from Waves to choose the $29.99 free plugin.

Confused whether to choose Abbey Road Chambers or Plates. I already have Soundtoys Little Plate (and Valhalla Vintage Verb & Room), so I wonder if I should choose Chambers?

Came across this interesting article: https://www.abbeyroad.com/news/how-to-u ... music-2585

Based on the information in it, I feel Plates would be more suitable for my purpose.

I have the demo installed now and will experiment a bit, but any suggestions on this?

Ceej wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:54 am So I did purchase the "Tonal Balance Bundle" from iZotope, and I received three different serial numbers for Ozone 9, Neutron 3, and Nectar 3 (ie, not a single "bundle" serial). Does anyone know if those serials are somehow tied to each other? I already own Nectar 3 so that serial is going to waste unless I can sell/gift it to someone else.
I already had Nectar 3 as well, and so I sold the serial I got with the bundle. I wasn't sure whether or or not that serial required a previous version of Nectar, so I threw in the Nectar Essentials serial I got for free from Plugin Boutique as well just in case.

ozonepaul wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:26 am
Uncle E wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm I can recommend getting the Abbey Road Collection. ...I believe that upgrading bundles always gets you whatever has been added since your last upgrade, too.
I don't think that this is the case with the Abbey Road plugins:
"* The Abbey Road Collection is excluded from new plugins being added for free with a current Waves Update Plan."
It is from the "Waves Update Plan" description page:
https://www.waves.com/support/waves-upd ... 1-EALw_wcB
Can confirm. I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it

Uncle E wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am
Thanks! My mic is $299.
I'm tempted to just get it at that price and see how it works out, its almost impossible to actually audition mics anymore -- especially if you have a specific setup, budget, or mic in mind.

People around here trust you Uncle, so I'll just ask you straight up what's your honest opinion on it? For the record I have a strong bass-heavy vocal from e2 to e4.
Have you tried Vital?

VincentVega wrote: ...I bought the Abbey Road Collection just two days before the Saturator release and I must pay an upgrade if I want to have it
The AR collection price was raised after the Saturator/MDMX release.
However the upgrade price is about ½ of the full raise.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”