Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

enCiphered wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:15 pm
JunSev wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:05 pm If it is as people says it is now... that is actually Challenge/Response (C/R) Markus.

I mean why you didn't do mention of any of this?, the thing I like about your synths is that I have my products and my keys and there is not dependency of the company, I can save my keys in my external hard drive and I don't have to ask permissions to the company in order to use it. Even in years and any times my software continues functional and there is not dependency, it always has been like that.

I have been willing to support your works but if it is like this now, I will not upgrade absolutely never, Never. This is a very bad news from one of my favorite depevelopers.

I will stay in 1.6 all time, I will not buy any tone2 product never anymore.
:lol:

Seriously... it's pure comedy gold sometimes.

I guess the humor is just lost on me. :shrug:

From being a almost over-zealous follower to pure hate in 5 seconds. ;)

chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:10 pm From being a almost over-zealous follower to pure hate in 5 seconds. ;)
Where is the humor? I don't see it.

This user and all his worthless post is a manipulator and support any garbage from any company towards its users, from subscriptions to every single intrusive copy protection "everything for the company". This is not like the videogames you play, use your time better than your 22,000 post. Manipulator.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am Please stop distributing missinformation here. It is not true that your computer must be connected to the internet to be able to use Icarus2. You can use it offline. You only need to be connected to the internet for a single time: To download the software and to unlock it

Please note that the release date is tomorrow and not today. We are currently still sending out the free upgrades. But it still takes till this evening till all have received it because we handle this manually. If you should not receive it check your spam filter. If you should not have received it till tomorrow send an email to markus[ at]tone2[d ot]com and include your name, email and where you did buy the product. I will take care of you
Sorry, but you are wrong and you now it !

I have installed Icarus 2 on my Internet PC and then it required suddenly Internet connection. I have done this and copied the hole Icarus 2 folder to flash medium and then to my music PC.
When I called up Icarus 2 it again wanted and reqired Internet connection and this is CR Callange Response Dongle.
In support and Manual every one can read that you only have copy the recieved t2k-file in the Icarus 2 folder, but this doesn't work with Icarus 2, but this works with Icarus 1.6.

Therefore you are criminal and this buy was the last I had to do with this dead company.
The most important thing for me is to be independed from any dongle or CR software and I have a complete dongle/CR free music/composing system and I will never change this.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:37 pm @JuneSev

You don't have to worry about anything. It will be removed as soon as the product is getting older. Then a complete offline activation we be possible again.
Sadly this step was necessary, since too many criminals used stolen credit-cards to buy the software and resold the keys on ebay or 'shared them with all their friends'.
But what you could do is exclude any of the users that are sharing the license, that's all, and in any case when they connect to internet deactivate their license or send make some automatic message to appear in the screen of those blacklisted keys Tone 2 synths.

This is the way Melda, Image Line, HY-plugins, U-he ext does.

Edit: just to add, you never, absolutely never did mention of any of this, this is C/R.

Perhaps I wouldn't be in this thread if you at least do mention of it from the very beginning:

Icarus 2 requires Internet connection.

Straight clear, but you didn't.

Please if you can reverse this new system, I'm not here as a hater, I feel very disappointed because you didn't do mention of it. I can't and will not upgrade.
Last edited by JunSev on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:37 pm @JuneSev

You don't have to worry about anything. It will be removed as soon as the product is getting older. Then a complete offline activation we be possible again.
Sadly this step was necessary, since too many criminals used stolen credit-cards to buy the software and resold the keys on ebay or 'shared them with all their friends'.
~~~~~~~~~~
Skipping the recurring themes in all tone2 topics.....
That/those situation(s) might be somewhat more Agressive than connecting your PC to the internet for 10 sec :tu:

anyhow happy to hear it will change somewhere in the future because i don't plan on Upgrading OS or DAW for a while and expect to use Icarus2 for a "long" time :phones:

The system requirements of Icarus2 still have not be published, because the product is still not released and the website is still not online. And it will be delayed further because i have to answer posts on kvr...

As usual on kvr everything is heaviliy overdramatized.
Nothing has changed in the protection scheme or the keyfiles compared to Icarus1 except the fact that your PC has to be connected for 10 seconds to the internet while you activate the software. And this is only necessary for a single time. Big drama :roll:

It is NOT necessary that you PC is connected to the internet to use the software. As soon as the synth has been activated it can operate offline.

Furthermore i promise to remove this in the future when the product is older. You don't have to fear that you are unable to use the software

..i might be getting affected by KVR so feel free to ignore this next post...

A few days ago i saw in NetFixlx a show were zombies chewed Internet cables because.. (no one knows why yet, need to keep seeing next episodes)….. ANYWAY..
.... they chewed Internet cables and one of the best ways to return them to Human Form was to make them listen to Ambient Music
..... i like to use Icarusamong others...

So taking this in consideration i'm preety sure Markus also has tought of that already……
~~~~~~~~
Last edited by tasty tatsyn on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~Back on topic

Created with Icarus2..
https://soundcloud.com/tatsyn/earthling-souls

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:27 pm The system requirements of Icarus2 still have not be published, because the product is still not released and the website is still not online. And it will be delayed further because i have to answer posts on kvr...

As usual on kvr everything is heaviliy overdramatized.
Nothing has changed in the protection scheme or the keyfiles compared to Icarus1 except the fact that your PC has to be connected for 10 seconds to the internet while you activate the software. And this is only necessary for a single time. Big drama :roll:

It is NOT necessary that you PC is connected to the internet to use the software. As soon as the synth has been activated it can operate offline.

Furthermore i promise to remove this in the future when the product is older. You don't have to fear that you are unable to use the software
Still I need guarantee that if my system crash, or any unfortunate situation that might happens I can authorize Icarus again; At least an offline key as it always was, promises are not always possible to achieve because we are humans and we are not omniscient, even If I have supported you, I know promises are not always possible, if I need to contact you and give me my information about who I'm, I will if it is needed, I want my key file system independently the company is there or not.

I had the Tone2 shop open for some time just for the upgrade, but this is very new for me and I don't like Challenge/Response C/R at all, please do something, I will not upgrade with this new system.

If you can't, is ok, I will leave it at that.

Gee. The current system is pretty common by now, and I suppose Tone2 can live without the very few customers that keep making a fuss about it. As if he didn't have other things on his mind now...
From what I read the company will not cease to exist, but merely cease to make new products. So, they will continue to be around if you need support.

tasty tatsyn wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:39 pm ~Back on topic
Created with Icarus2..
https://soundcloud.com/tatsyn/earthling-souls
Superb.

All things considered not as bad as it was for the MSoundFactory beta release. There was real hate then. I agree with one poster here : RESPECT !

e-crooner wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:57 pm Gee. The current system is pretty common by now, and I suppose Tone2 can live without the very few customers that keep making a fuss about it. As if he didn't have other things on his mind now...
From what I read the company will not cease to exist, but merely cease to make new products. So, they will continue to be around if you need support.
It is common for people that decided to accept it, but it is a problem in the long term; the synth or product only will work as long as the company is there, that is the big flaw of this method in the long term.

I will wait for a response from Markus, if there is a solution for this or not, it was not like this before, I definitely don't like this new authorization method and hope for some solution; if there is not, I need to know.

Return to “Instruments”