Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm interested in upgrading my Rob Papen Explorer 3 bundle to the current Explorer 6.0 version, mostly to get Punch 2.0.
The Papen website seems to indicate that Explorer 5--> 6.0 upgrade is $99. It then seems to say that ALL older Explorer version upgrades to 6.0 are also $99. And that they might be available from 3rd party retailers.

Does anyone know if there are any further discounts available from retailers for this? JRRshop only lists the V 5.0-->6.0 upgrade. Anyone? Uncle E?

Thanks
Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:51 pm I'm interested in upgrading my Rob Papen Explorer 3 bundle to the current Explorer 6.0 version, mostly to get Punch 2.0.
The Papen website seems to indicate that Explorer 5--> 6.0 upgrade is $99. It then seems to say that ALL older Explorer version upgrades to 6.0 are also $99. And that they might be available from 3rd party retailers.

Does anyone know if there are any further discounts available from retailers for this? JRRshop only lists the V 5.0-->6.0 upgrade. Anyone? Uncle E?

Thanks
Cheers
-B
Slightly below $83 at Bestservice (provided you don't have to pay VAT).

https://www.bestservice.com/explorer_6_upgrade.html

(You can also get it for around $88 from Time & Space.)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

gunark wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:47 pm Does ImpOSCar still stand up? Oddity still sounds good and ImpOSCar was a favourite when released years ago but that was now some 15 years.
There's a trial download for all these so you can test them out, but this is ImpOSCar 2 which is 'only' 8 years old, a spring chicken ;-)

For me a plugin that sounds good a decade ago will probably still sound good today with the side benefit of not needing stupid amounts of CPU horsepower to do its thing. It's not like there are a number of Oscar clone VSTs kicking around - something you can't say for Oddity 2 or Minimonsta which has competition from the likes of Korg and Arturia respectively.

Also GForce are still developing them e.g. a note on the home page says they've all been rebuilt to be Apple Catalina compatible (a claim I can't test as I have a PC).

I only own M-Tron Pro of theirs (well his - I understand GForce is pretty much a one man operation) and have been eyeing these other synths up hoping there'd be a sale at some point. Very happy it extends until Christmas Day as I'll get paid again before it expires and I've already more than blown my cash this month.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm Gforce just sent this out to subscribers...

For the first time we're offering you the opportunity to purchase our synthesizers, impOSCar2®, Oddity2® and Minimonsta® at the truly impulse price of £33.33 each.

This unique offer runs until 25th December, 2019.

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/gshop/products
I just got a error?

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.gforcesoftware.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

mgw38 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:33 pm
BERFAB wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:51 pm I'm interested in upgrading my Rob Papen Explorer 3 bundle to the current Explorer 6.0 version, mostly to get Punch 2.0.

Thanks
Cheers
-B

Thank you, kind sir.
How does VAT work for US residents/citizens?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 pm
mgw38 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Thanks
Cheers
-B

Thank you, kind sir.
How does VAT work for US residents/citizens?

Cheers
-B
I am not from US/UK/Europe, but when I buy from Best Service, I choose USD. When I buy from Time+Space, I prefer GBP/EUR. I have observed that doing this way gives me a better price. For example, if I choose GBP on Time+Space and I don't have a UK address, the tax is removed from the price.

I don't know if I full understand the economics of it, but I don't care as long as I get to pay a little less. :)

Uncle E, we desperately need that GForce synths sale @ JRR... :pray:

krabbencutter wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 pm Take NUGEN Audio's Holiday Survey and receive a $50 voucher
https://nugenaudio.com/holiday-survey-2019/
With that I could upgrade to Stereoizer full (from Elements) for $12.
Anyone using it/any opinions about the full version here ??? worth it ?

Symphony Sid wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:42 pm
Uncle E wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am
Psuper wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:19 am I totally missed your post, thanks for the heads up. I decided I'm not going with Slate and was set on Sphere, however I'm definitely intrigued with your mic and will dig around some I'd love to see some reviews first truthfully -- I'm not normally an early adopter, at least with more pricey items.
Thanks! My mic is $299.
Link????
https://www.jrrshop.com/nos12

It's says $599 but I can sell it for $299 if you PM me.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm Confused whether to choose Abbey Road Chambers or Plates. I already have Soundtoys Little Plate (and Valhalla Vintage Verb & Room), so I wonder if I should choose Chambers?

Came across this interesting article: https://www.abbeyroad.com/news/how-to-u ... music-2585

Based on the information in it, I feel Plates would be more suitable for my purpose.

I have the demo installed now and will experiment a bit, but any suggestions on this?
Make sure to pay attention to the CPU usage as you're demoing them. Both sound great but are also hogs.

ozonepaul wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:26 am I don't think that this is the case with the Abbey Road plugins:
"* The Abbey Road Collection is excluded from new plugins being added for free with a current Waves Update Plan."
It is from the "Waves Update Plan" description page:
https://www.waves.com/support/waves-upd ... 1-EALw_wcB
Thanks! Sorry, it's not WUP, that was my fault for not being accurate or clear. My Waves account allows me to upgrade from my Abbey Road Collection to the current version for $24. When I do this, it tells me:

"The Abbey Road Collection upgrade will add any current Abbey Road plugins missing in your account. This upgrade is only available to Waves Abbey Road plugin owners"

Psuper wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:18 pm I'm tempted to just get it at that price and see how it works out, its almost impossible to actually audition mics anymore -- especially if you have a specific setup, budget, or mic in mind.

People around here trust you Uncle, so I'll just ask you straight up what's your honest opinion on it? For the record I have a strong bass-heavy vocal from e2 to e4.
I will be posting audio examples soon. On vocals, you will not be able to distinguish it from the real U47. You can hear the differences more clearly on wide frequency material like acoustic guitars and drum overheads but even then I don't think you would say the NOS12 sounds any worse than the U47, just slightly more open.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:12 pm I still dont fully understand the Waves upgrade plan; all I know is I have plugins that work great for me and they were very inexpensive. Last year as a result of info gotten here I bought Horizon for $153.. I have 20 other plugins from Waves on top of that. Looking at the upgrade path discussed here, I could get Abby Roads Collection for $153 which would give me 9 new plugins ,8 of which I would use. Is this the best way to look at Waves upgrades?
This has been the best way for me personally. Updating WUP just feels like I'm paying for something I already bought, Upgrading my bundle at least gives me a new plugin for that same money.

krabbencutter wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:06 am Their management & marketing is an absolute nightmare imho. It's bullsh*t like this, that makes me completely question wtf is going wrong at Waves.
They kind of went off the deep end last year. I've heard from people not connected to Waves that it's because their line of live products didn't sell as well as expected. Don't quote me in that, though.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:35 pm
Psuper wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:18 pm I'm tempted to just get it at that price and see how it works out, its almost impossible to actually audition mics anymore -- especially if you have a specific setup, budget, or mic in mind.

People around here trust you Uncle, so I'll just ask you straight up what's your honest opinion on it? For the record I have a strong bass-heavy vocal from e2 to e4.
I will be posting audio examples soon. On vocals, you will not be able to distinguish it from the real U47. You can hear the differences more clearly on wide frequency material like acoustic guitars and drum overheads but even then I don't think you would say the NOS12 sounds any worse than the U47, just slightly more open.
Sold Uncle, I like to give my money to you anyway -- you're always very helpful around here and that goes a long way.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”