ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Reason i will not upgrade from Nexus 2 to 3 is that i don't have my audio computer connected to internet and no e-licenser option anymore, so , goodbye Nexus 3
Last edited by fidox on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:40 am All this sort of crap is why I am more inclined to go back to hardware these days. With Behringer making hardware a financially viable option (and the fact that I just find it more inspiring), I like the fact that when I take it out of the box, it is mine, all mine and there are no shady bullshit EULAs that cast the concept of ownership into some grey area. It's not going to stop working when Apple release yet another OS update that gives me nothing I have any use for. And, if I decide I don't want it anymore, I can sell it, no questions asked, no seeking permission to transfer it, because IT IS MINE!
You okay bro? Are you shure, that you are in the right forum?
KVR Audio: News and info about Audio Plugins (Virtual Instruments and Virtual Effects) - VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU), AAX Plugins, Reason Rack Extensions, ...

jacqueslacouth wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:40 am All this sort of crap is why I am more inclined to go back to hardware these days...
I have to admit, for all it's limitations and calibration issues, hardware was awfully sweet, reliable, tactile, and gave a decent return on investment (if you bought carefully). God, I love real hardware knobs!!!

But plugins beat the pants off any hardware sequencer I ever owned or heard of! I guess they both have their place, but the hardware sure was sweet! I miss it... and don't too.
Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m-ac wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:16 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:04 pm this:
zvenx wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:20 pm However Refx explicitly told me:
1) now that Nexus 3 is out, I can NOT sell a Nexus 2 license.
2) and if they found out I had 'given it away', they may suspend my license.
Was that not just in regards to that guys second license? I think he mentioned owning 2 licenses and was offered an expansion swap for his second one or something. I might be wrong though :?
You are right. I wanted to sell my second license. However that I used one license to upgrade I can't imagine I can sell that one either :)
Rsp
sound sculptist

steve.lindqvist wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:29 pm
jacqueslacouth wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:40 am All this sort of crap is why I am more inclined to go back to hardware these days. With Behringer making hardware a financially viable option (and the fact that I just find it more inspiring), I like the fact that when I take it out of the box, it is mine, all mine and there are no shady bullshit EULAs that cast the concept of ownership into some grey area. It's not going to stop working when Apple release yet another OS update that gives me nothing I have any use for. And, if I decide I don't want it anymore, I can sell it, no questions asked, no seeking permission to transfer it, because IT IS MINE!
You okay bro? Are you shure, that you are in the right forum?
KVR Audio: News and info about Audio Plugins (Virtual Instruments and Virtual Effects) - VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU), AAX Plugins, Reason Rack Extensions, ...
Yes, but maybe you miss the hundreds and of threads where hardware is discussed, the merits of hardware vs software, the gear lust for new hardware the photos of studios showing off members hardware...I guess it would be easy to miss, it only comes up on the very rare occasion.

And apart from anything else, this IS relating to VSTi. It is highlighting one of the potential effects that developers can expect if they continue to come up with contrived licensing schemes that circumvent their customers ability to use/re-download or reactivate products that they have purchased in good faith (or sell them at a later date). In other words, changing the rules after they have been agreed upon.

:tu:

Loving N3, finally I can enjoy the UI, and dig in much better, thanks refx!! Still think you should add at least a option to stack a couple sounds n save as multis. 🙏🏽
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Am I going crazy or have the prices for expansions been €50 for a long time now, and now they're currently 'on-sale' for €50? Have the prices been increased again for nexus 3?

I have just updated from 2.7.4 to Nexus 3.0.8 and it is not working with Yosemite 10.10.2, neither in Cubase 10.0.50 Pro, neither in Logic pro X 10.2.3.
In Logic - it doesn't show up in the instruments (the 2.7.4 was showing up in the "refx" folder), even though the .component file is present in the components folder). Logic's dialog box message while reseting and re-validating process :
"validating Audio Unit Nexus by reFX:
Authorizing..validation result: successfully validatedupdating properties of AU Nexus by reFX…FAILED!"

It does appear in the AU/Plugin Manager in Logic , stating that it's not compatible (version 3.0.8). Tried to load it with Bluecat's patchwork synth in Logic, using both AU and VST and it's not working (the message being it's not 64 bit compatible). Afaik, nexus was already 64 bit.

In Cubase - the vst2 version is recognized as being 32 bits and gets blacklisted - I've tried to reactivate it several times, it keeps getting the same error message. Removed the vst2 from the Vst folder, the vst3 file is not being recognized at all, it doesn't even shows up in the plugin instruments menu (Cubase's menu > studio > plugins).
Any hints? Meanwhile, I am waiting for the Refx support to get back to me (opened a ticket).
Thank you!

SoundForSoul wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 am I have just updated from 2.7.4 to Nexus 3.0.8 and it is not working with Yosemite 10.10.2, neither in Cubase 10.0.50 Pro, neither in Logic pro X 10.2.3.
In Logic - it doesn't show up in the instruments (the 2.7.4 was showing up in the "refx" folder), even though the .component file is present in the components folder). Logic's dialog box message while reseting and re-validating process :
Authorizing..validation result: successfully validatedupdating properties of AU Nexus by reFX…FAILED!"

It does appear in the AU/Plugin Manager in Logic , stating that it's not compatible (version 3.0.8). Tried to load it with Bluecat's patchwork synth in Logic, using both AU and VST and it's not working (the message being it's not 64 bit compatible). Afaik, nexus was already 64 bit.

In Cubase - the vst2 version is recognized as being 32 bits and gets blacklisted - I've tried to reactivate it several times, it keeps getting the same error message. Removed the vst2 from the Vst folder, the vst3 file is not being recognized at all, it doesn't even shows up in the plugin instruments menu (Cubase's menu > studio > plugins).
Any hints? Meanwhile, I am waiting for the Refx support to get back to me (opened a ticket).
Thank you!
Nexus 3 specs state minimum requirements as "macOS 10.11 and later including macOS Catalina", so it's probably that.

m-ac wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:47 am Am I going crazy or have the prices for expansions been €50 for a long time now, and now they're currently 'on-sale' for €50? Have the prices been increased again for nexus 3?
no the prices are regular 60€, now 50€
legacy XPs are regular 30€, now 20€

msvs wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:28 am
m-ac wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:47 am Am I going crazy or have the prices for expansions been €50 for a long time now, and now they're currently 'on-sale' for €50? Have the prices been increased again for nexus 3?
no the prices are regular 60€, now 50€
legacy XPs are regular 30€, now 20€
A sale with 16,6% off for the regular XPs.. :party:

To celebrate the release of N3 an "one time in history" 50% off of all XP's had would have been nice. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

m-ac wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:19 am
SoundForSoul wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 am I have just updated from 2.7.4 to Nexus 3.0.8 and it is not working with Yosemite 10.10.2, neither in Cubase 10.0.50 Pro, neither in Logic pro X 10.2.3.

Thank you!
Nexus 3 specs state minimum requirements as "macOS 10.11 and later including macOS Catalina", so it's probably that.
Where did you found those minimum requirements ? I couldn't find them anywhere (Google), the manual mentions nothing in this regard, anyway.
Thanks!

SoundForSoul wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 pm Where did you found those minimum requirements ? I couldn't find them anywhere (Google), the manual mentions nothing in this regard, anyway.
Thanks!
Bottom of the nexus page! https://refx.com/nexus/

It looks like Nexus 3 doesn't properly recall some presets in a DAW project.

Can someone try this, so I'm sure it's not just me:
- Load an instance of Nexus in a new DAW project (I tested with Cubase and Ableton Live)
- Select plugin 'AR After Midnight 1 B' (it's in the factory bank)
- Record or draw some notes
- Save project
- Quit DAW and reopen it
- Load the project

One of the layers now plays the default SAW Init preset.

Return to “Instruments”