ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
fidox
KVRist
56 posts since 21 May, 2002

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:49 am

Reason i will not upgrade from Nexus 2 to 3 is that i don't have my audio computer connected to internet and no e-licenser option anymore, so , goodbye Nexus 3
Last edited by fidox on Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve.lindqvist
KVRist
228 posts since 20 Jan, 2019

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:29 am

jacqueslacouth wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:40 am
All this sort of crap is why I am more inclined to go back to hardware these days. With Behringer making hardware a financially viable option (and the fact that I just find it more inspiring), I like the fact that when I take it out of the box, it is mine, all mine and there are no shady bullshit EULAs that cast the concept of ownership into some grey area. It's not going to stop working when Apple release yet another OS update that gives me nothing I have any use for. And, if I decide I don't want it anymore, I can sell it, no questions asked, no seeking permission to transfer it, because IT IS MINE!
You okay bro? Are you shure, that you are in the right forum?
KVR Audio: News and info about Audio Plugins (Virtual Instruments and Virtual Effects) - VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU), AAX Plugins, Reason Rack Extensions, ...

User avatar
SciFiArtMan
KVRian
1161 posts since 24 May, 2006 from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:53 am

jacqueslacouth wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:40 am
All this sort of crap is why I am more inclined to go back to hardware these days...
I have to admit, for all it's limitations and calibration issues, hardware was awfully sweet, reliable, tactile, and gave a decent return on investment (if you bought carefully). God, I love real hardware knobs!!!

But plugins beat the pants off any hardware sequencer I ever owned or heard of! I guess they both have their place, but the hardware sure was sweet! I miss it... and don't too.
Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
7327 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:58 am

m-ac wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:16 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:04 pm
this:
zvenx wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:20 am
However Refx explicitly told me:
1) now that Nexus 3 is out, I can NOT sell a Nexus 2 license.
2) and if they found out I had 'given it away', they may suspend my license.
Was that not just in regards to that guys second license? I think he mentioned owning 2 licenses and was offered an expansion swap for his second one or something. I might be wrong though :?
You are right. I wanted to sell my second license. However that I used one license to upgrade I can't imagine I can sell that one either :)
Rsp
sound sculptist

User avatar
jacqueslacouth
KVRian
1116 posts since 18 Nov, 2004 from The Liberated People's Republic of Straya

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:47 am

steve.lindqvist wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:29 am
jacqueslacouth wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:40 am
All this sort of crap is why I am more inclined to go back to hardware these days. With Behringer making hardware a financially viable option (and the fact that I just find it more inspiring), I like the fact that when I take it out of the box, it is mine, all mine and there are no shady bullshit EULAs that cast the concept of ownership into some grey area. It's not going to stop working when Apple release yet another OS update that gives me nothing I have any use for. And, if I decide I don't want it anymore, I can sell it, no questions asked, no seeking permission to transfer it, because IT IS MINE!
You okay bro? Are you shure, that you are in the right forum?
KVR Audio: News and info about Audio Plugins (Virtual Instruments and Virtual Effects) - VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU), AAX Plugins, Reason Rack Extensions, ...
Yes, but maybe you miss the hundreds and of threads where hardware is discussed, the merits of hardware vs software, the gear lust for new hardware the photos of studios showing off members hardware...I guess it would be easy to miss, it only comes up on the very rare occasion.

And apart from anything else, this IS relating to VSTi. It is highlighting one of the potential effects that developers can expect if they continue to come up with contrived licensing schemes that circumvent their customers ability to use/re-download or reactivate products that they have purchased in good faith (or sell them at a later date). In other words, changing the rules after they have been agreed upon.

User avatar
SciFiArtMan
KVRian
1161 posts since 24 May, 2006 from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:12 pm

:tu:

trusampler
KVRian
939 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:34 pm

Loving N3, finally I can enjoy the UI, and dig in much better, thanks refx!! Still think you should add at least a option to stack a couple sounds n save as multis. 🙏🏽
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8/API Lunchbox 6
Akai MPC Touch/Samples/Vst

m-ac
KVRist
457 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:47 am

Am I going crazy or have the prices for expansions been €50 for a long time now, and now they're currently 'on-sale' for €50? Have the prices been increased again for nexus 3?

SoundForSoul
KVRer
10 posts since 14 Jan, 2006 from Bucharest

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 am

I have just updated from 2.7.4 to Nexus 3.0.8 and it is not working with Yosemite 10.10.2, neither in Cubase 10.0.50 Pro, neither in Logic pro X 10.2.3.
In Logic - it doesn't show up in the instruments (the 2.7.4 was showing up in the "refx" folder), even though the .component file is present in the components folder). Logic's dialog box message while reseting and re-validating process :
"validating Audio Unit Nexus by reFX:
Authorizing..validation result: successfully validatedupdating properties of AU Nexus by reFX…FAILED!"

It does appear in the AU/Plugin Manager in Logic , stating that it's not compatible (version 3.0.8). Tried to load it with Bluecat's patchwork synth in Logic, using both AU and VST and it's not working (the message being it's not 64 bit compatible). Afaik, nexus was already 64 bit.

In Cubase - the vst2 version is recognized as being 32 bits and gets blacklisted - I've tried to reactivate it several times, it keeps getting the same error message. Removed the vst2 from the Vst folder, the vst3 file is not being recognized at all, it doesn't even shows up in the plugin instruments menu (Cubase's menu > studio > plugins).
Any hints? Meanwhile, I am waiting for the Refx support to get back to me (opened a ticket).
Thank you!

m-ac
KVRist
457 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:19 am

SoundForSoul wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 am
I have just updated from 2.7.4 to Nexus 3.0.8 and it is not working with Yosemite 10.10.2, neither in Cubase 10.0.50 Pro, neither in Logic pro X 10.2.3.
In Logic - it doesn't show up in the instruments (the 2.7.4 was showing up in the "refx" folder), even though the .component file is present in the components folder). Logic's dialog box message while reseting and re-validating process :
"validating Audio Unit Nexus by reFX:
Authorizing..validation result: successfully validatedupdating properties of AU Nexus by reFX…FAILED!"

It does appear in the AU/Plugin Manager in Logic , stating that it's not compatible (version 3.0.8). Tried to load it with Bluecat's patchwork synth in Logic, using both AU and VST and it's not working (the message being it's not 64 bit compatible). Afaik, nexus was already 64 bit.

In Cubase - the vst2 version is recognized as being 32 bits and gets blacklisted - I've tried to reactivate it several times, it keeps getting the same error message. Removed the vst2 from the Vst folder, the vst3 file is not being recognized at all, it doesn't even shows up in the plugin instruments menu (Cubase's menu > studio > plugins).
Any hints? Meanwhile, I am waiting for the Refx support to get back to me (opened a ticket).
Thank you!
Nexus 3 specs state minimum requirements as "macOS 10.11 and later including macOS Catalina", so it's probably that.

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
1747 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:28 am

m-ac wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:47 am
Am I going crazy or have the prices for expansions been €50 for a long time now, and now they're currently 'on-sale' for €50? Have the prices been increased again for nexus 3?
no the prices are regular 60€, now 50€
legacy XPs are regular 30€, now 20€
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

User avatar
mladi
KVRian
855 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:03 am

msvs wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:28 am
m-ac wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:47 am
Am I going crazy or have the prices for expansions been €50 for a long time now, and now they're currently 'on-sale' for €50? Have the prices been increased again for nexus 3?
no the prices are regular 60€, now 50€
legacy XPs are regular 30€, now 20€
A sale with 16,6% off for the regular XPs.. :party:

To celebrate the release of N3 an "one time in history" 50% off of all XP's had would have been nice. :hihi:
Image
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|Presonus Eris E8 XT|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|Native Instruments Kontrol S61 MK2|Stein­berg CC121|Akai FL Studio Fire|Steinberg Cubase 10 Pro|FL Studio 20.5

SoundForSoul
KVRer
10 posts since 14 Jan, 2006 from Bucharest

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:24 am

m-ac wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:19 am
SoundForSoul wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 am
I have just updated from 2.7.4 to Nexus 3.0.8 and it is not working with Yosemite 10.10.2, neither in Cubase 10.0.50 Pro, neither in Logic pro X 10.2.3.
In Logic - it doesn't show up in the instruments (the 2.7.4 was showing up in the "refx" folder), even though the .component file is present in the components folder). Logic's dialog box message while reseting and re-validating process :
"validating Audio Unit Nexus by reFX:
Authorizing..validation result: successfully validatedupdating properties of AU Nexus by reFX…FAILED!"

It does appear in the AU/Plugin Manager in Logic , stating that it's not compatible (version 3.0.8). Tried to load it with Bluecat's patchwork synth in Logic, using both AU and VST and it's not working (the message being it's not 64 bit compatible). Afaik, nexus was already 64 bit.

In Cubase - the vst2 version is recognized as being 32 bits and gets blacklisted - I've tried to reactivate it several times, it keeps getting the same error message. Removed the vst2 from the Vst folder, the vst3 file is not being recognized at all, it doesn't even shows up in the plugin instruments menu (Cubase's menu > studio > plugins).
Any hints? Meanwhile, I am waiting for the Refx support to get back to me (opened a ticket).
Thank you!
Nexus 3 specs state minimum requirements as "macOS 10.11 and later including macOS Catalina", so it's probably that.
Where did you found those minimum requirements ? I couldn't find them anywhere (Google), the manual mentions nothing in this regard, anyway.
Thanks!

m-ac
KVRist
457 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 am

SoundForSoul wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:24 am
Where did you found those minimum requirements ? I couldn't find them anywhere (Google), the manual mentions nothing in this regard, anyway.
Thanks!
Bottom of the nexus page! https://refx.com/nexus/

Reefius
KVRian
870 posts since 7 Dec, 2013 from Belgium

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:42 am

It looks like Nexus 3 doesn't properly recall some presets in a DAW project.

Can someone try this, so I'm sure it's not just me:
- Load an instance of Nexus in a new DAW project (I tested with Cubase and Ableton Live)
- Select plugin 'AR After Midnight 1 B' (it's in the factory bank)
- Record or draw some notes
- Save project
- Quit DAW and reopen it
- Load the project

One of the layers now plays the default SAW Init preset.

Return to “Instruments”