Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
rasmusklump
KVRian
945 posts since 13 May, 2004 from Germany

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:51 am

-1. It's about time.
Concentrate on the important things

gunnar
KVRist
172 posts since 29 May, 2001

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:07 am

Why, Guys? Which sequencer do you use and Plugins?

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRist
474 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:14 am

rasmusklump wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:51 am
-1. It's about time.
Concentrate on the important things
Yes, exactly!
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

AKJ
KVRAF
1762 posts since 2 Mar, 2004

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:20 am

I use a lot of old 32 bit vsts and the run more stable on my 32 bit host. Thus I prefer 32 bit. So far I did not discover any significant advantage of 64 bit. Memory was never a problem for me.

User avatar
Turello
KVRAF
3246 posts since 6 Jul, 2012 from Sick-cily

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:42 am

I have 2 machines on 64 bit but i like DAW and software on 32 bit... no significant advantage of 64 bit when i have RME converters, it's just more light with same results...

@rasmusklump
@Calenberg

The more important thing is the music: do it, fix it, get better so please, don't be polemic for a simple request and pass me by cause i write to Tony... Thanks

User avatar
Jorgeelalto
KVRist
412 posts since 31 May, 2015 from the Iberian Peninsula

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:06 am

If you want to keep using outdated hardware and software, it's fine - but don't expect developers to keep supporting it. I think it's pretty rad that jungle music is still being made with an Amiga, cubase 1 and a few Akai samplers, but no one expects Steinberg to release an update to Cubase and keep its compatibility with the Amiga. Same applies here.

That said, amazing work! And it looks like the Klanghelm EQ is a reality, just see his latest email :D

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRist
474 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:28 am

Jorgeelalto wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:06 am
If you want to keep using outdated hardware and software, it's fine - but don't expect developers to keep supporting it. I think it's pretty rad that jungle music is still being made with an Amiga, cubase 1 and a few Akai samplers, but no one expects Steinberg to release an update to Cubase and keep its compatibility with the Amiga. Same applies here.

That said, amazing work! And it looks like the Klanghelm EQ is a reality, just see his latest email :D
:tu:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound


User avatar
Jorgeelalto
KVRist
412 posts since 31 May, 2015 from the Iberian Peninsula

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:16 am

Now that I think of it, I wonder whether it has something to do with SDRR and the mini EQ in Desk mode (although it has the Tight buttons, which I guess are more of a dynamic eq or multiband compressor) :D

User avatar
Hermetech Mastering
KVRian
1163 posts since 30 May, 2003 from Paris

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:27 am

I need 32 bit too, at least until Ross finally updates Audiuomulch (apparently will be coming next year).

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
1709 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:27 am
I need 32 bit too, at least until Ross finally updates Audiuomulch (apparently will be coming next year).
Wow, that's great news! :clap:
OLOKUN - Survival Kit - now on iTunes, CDBaby, and Spotify

Videos: The Beat | Crossing to Safety

mabian
KVRAF
1636 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:09 pm

+1 for 32 bit resistance :)

- Mario

jens
KVRAF
19738 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Calenberger wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:14 am
rasmusklump wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:51 am
-1. It's about time.
Concentrate on the important things
Yes, exactly!
+1 for -1

Why not ask for Win 3.11 support while you're at it?

GreyLion
KVRAF
3062 posts since 21 May, 2004 from Deep in the Heart of Texas

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 pm

Oh, for Ghod's sake. If 32-bit is such a big deal to you, just buy BridgeWize or another bit-bridge, assuming that you're avoiding Reaper, which has a great one built in. Instead of making our hard-working devs stay stuck in the past.

I say this as a happy user of a couple of 32-bit plugs, most especially CLAS. It's on me, not the dev, after almost fifteen years.

mabian
KVRAF
1636 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Re: Klanghelm DC8C3 and DC1A3 released

Post Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:36 am

GreyLion wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 pm
Oh, for Ghod's sake. If 32-bit is such a big deal to you, just buy BridgeWize or another bit-bridge, assuming that you're avoiding Reaper, which has a great one built in. Instead of making our hard-working devs stay stuck in the past.

I say this as a happy user of a couple of 32-bit plugs, most especially CLAS. It's on me, not the dev, after almost fifteen years.
I *am* using the bridge, but drop of 32 bit support means no more fixes and enhancements on that version. And I have projects using the 32 bit version of the plugins. If I can load the same projects with the x64 plugins, totally fine for me. If not... that' s a pity.
Simple as that.

- Mario

Return to “Effects”