Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:36 pm I'm pretty sure you will need to re-activate after 90 days of no internet. So if you every once in a while, like a week before traveling, have your computer connected to the internet, then there should be 90 days from then.
I would be nice to have this point clarified, it's never been entirely clear to me if the user has to do anything, or if its just as seamless as this. I suspect that is the case, in which the people inconvenienced by this new method are vanishingly small.

The reaction lately to Codemeter has become borderline hysterical imo. At the moment the authorisation process is a little cumbersome, but it seems to work perfectly well. We're told it will be much simpler before long. We used to have 3 authorisations on machines with no way to reset them and no dongle option. Now we have 3 authorisations on machines which we can control, and a possible dongle option (details still TBA). In the event of HDD failure, we've been told we can write to support and they can sort us out.

I don't see any of this as a cataclysmic affront to my civil liberties.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

JoaquinAce wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:37 pm What about the Codemeter sticks from MAAT? These are the 3-series.

https://www.maat.digital/dongle/
Hey, this looks good. If anyone could confirm it is working?

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:04 pm
EnochLight wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:26 pm What if you're on tour and without Internet on the unscheduled day Avenger needs to "call home" to reauthorize for offline use?
On the moon, or where do you think there is no internet connection at all? Hotels, internet cafés, free wifi on restaurants, shopping centres. Use your god damn phone. You are never without internet, if you really don't want to.
:dog: :o

Clearly you've never gigged. If you have, and the venue you played had solid Wifi and your cell had a solid data connection, you were fortunate in that city. But what happens when you play the one spot where there's no data connection, no WiFi - and Avenger calls home to authorize when you're on stage? Yeah, good luck with that.
Gregorius wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:10 pm
EnochLight wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:26 pmThere's few protection systems which haven't been cracked by pirates, and WIBU's CodeMeter is one of them.
I wonder how the illegal versions of Reason, Sequoia or MAAT products work then...
Never heard of MAAT or Sequoia, but I call bullshit on pirate Reason. At least one that works in any capacity with purchased RE's or as Reason Rack Plugin, for sure. :hihi:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 am Clearly you've never gigged. If you have, and the venue you played had solid Wifi and your cell had a solid data connection, you were fortunate in that city. But what happens when you play the one spot where there's no data connection, no WiFi - and Avenger calls home to authorize when you're on stage? Yeah, good luck with that.
This is the kind of ludicrous over-reaction that irks. As we understand it, all you have to do is have an internet connection AT SOME POINT OVER A THREE MONTH PERIOD. The chances of this being a real world issue for anyone are very low, and close to zero if the person using it is aware that they have software does have to check in from time to time. You're asking us to get outraged over a person who for three solid months tries, but never once manages to find a single internet connection anywhere in the world.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:04 pm
EnochLight wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:26 pm What if you're on tour and without Internet on the unscheduled day Avenger needs to "call home" to reauthorize for offline use?
On the moon, or where do you think there is no internet connection at all? Hotels, internet cafés, free wifi on restaurants, shopping centres. Use your god damn phone. You are never without internet, if you really don't want to.
come to germany Starflakeproject, and I´ll show you enogh cities where you haven´t (good) internet neither free WiFi! free WFi is total luxury here, okay, maybe in the big cities like Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg and Frankfurt, but then? plus we have 3 "bug" players in the net-system, but not every net is reachable in every area. For some areas (f.e. Fulda) there´s one of them totally not available.
but nice idea to call Germany "on the moon" :love:

The Sarge! wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:29 am
but nice idea to call Germany "on the moon" :love:
Well, technically we are in comparison. Neuland and all...

At this point I need to correct :
Codemeter is not hassle free, or at least it appears that it doesn't work correctly on some computers (including mine, xps15-32g-8950h).
I must precise that I have no problem with iLok or elic.
Personally I had endless troubles with code meter, online syncing issues or inability to activate licences offline, or even "ghosts" : licences that appears as activated on avenger's account meanwhile being non-existent on the computer. Uninstalling and reinstalling codemeter did not help, and I had many licences lost (including vps avenger).
I've made requests on the WIBU website with no answer.
Users should not be annoyed with protection systems, it's part of developers job to make the experience easy.
We all understand, of course, the need for protection, but why not use elic instead, since others plugs from Vengeance use it ?
Or why not create a specific interface, like reason, so users does not have to swim through this little, badly designed codemeter app (you can't even resize windows in order check containers id's ?)
Maybe a survey should have been proposed to users, and decisions should have been made accordingly.
In the end I agree, on my own experience, it's the worst I've been through regarding software activation.
Since I did not receive any concrete help from Vengeance team regarding this problem, I now need to buy another vps license and xp's...and try to activate them again !
Will I succeed ?

why no elicenser? no ilok? This is easy to explain: we dont want that our customers had to buy a (expensive) piece of hardware for our free update. We announced the update as free, and it should be free (with no additional costs). CodeMeter was the best solution.
Furthermore we want to keep the 3x activations the user has. With a dongle its only 1x

noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:07 am
EnochLight wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 am Clearly you've never gigged. If you have, and the venue you played had solid Wifi and your cell had a solid data connection, you were fortunate in that city. But what happens when you play the one spot where there's no data connection, no WiFi - and Avenger calls home to authorize when you're on stage? Yeah, good luck with that.
This is the kind of ludicrous over-reaction that irks. As we understand it, all you have to do is have an internet connection AT SOME POINT OVER A THREE MONTH PERIOD. The chances of this being a real world issue for anyone are very low, and close to zero if the person using it is aware that they have software does have to check in from time to time. You're asking us to get outraged over a person who for three solid months tries, but never once manages to find a single internet connection anywhere in the world.
I think we should stop this conversation and forcing people to see our point of view. As I already said everyone has his own way of working and managing his software and hardware.
My desktop computers are wired in a network without internet. No computer has Wi-Fi to connect it let's say to my cell phone.
For example I have elicencer and iLok and I plug them in every computer I'm working on and everything is fine.
And I really don't want to share my stuff with other people just because I collaborate with them.
This and every forum is to solve problems or to give advices.
I hope I don't sound offensive but as I already said it's not nice to force people to see things from our point of view.

msvs wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:38 am why no elicenser? no ilok? This is easy to explain: we dont want that our customers had to buy a (expensive) piece of hardware for our free update. We announced the update as free, and it should be free (with no additional costs). CodeMeter was the best solution.
Furthermore we want to keep the 3x activations the user has. With a dongle its only 1x
But the dongle is easy to move. I don't care to work at the same time on different computers but it's nice to have it. I'm working with Cubase Pro and I am pretty happy with my Dongle. I move around and I work everywhere home, studio and on my laptop if I'm away.
Anyway if there is no solution about this I will find a way to sort this out.
Thank you for your contribution.

nvm

laz wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:07 am
I think we should stop this conversation and forcing people to see our point of view. As I already said everyone has his own way of working and managing his software and hardware.
My desktop computers are wired in a network without internet. No computer has Wi-Fi to connect it let's say to my cell phone.
For example I have elicencer and iLok and I plug them in every computer I'm working on and everything is fine.
And I really don't want to share my stuff with other people just because I collaborate with them.
This and every forum is to solve problems or to give advices.
I hope I don't sound offensive but as I already said it's not nice to force people to see things from our point of view.
This is an entirely different point from the one I addressed above, which was about an inability to find an internet connection when on tour. For completely offline use, it sounds like you need the dongle - this sounds to me like a work in progress as far as Vengeance is concerned, and I agree they need to address this.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

no? You can activate on a computer for 3 months. Are you 3months on tour without internet?

nice decision with codemeter, works great

msvs wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:13 am no? You can activate on a computer for 3 months. Are you 3months on tour without internet?
Do we need to be connected at the 3-month mark, or can we do it before? For example, initial activation is January 1 and expires April 1, but I know I'm going to be without internet in April, so I want to re-activate on March 20th to last me through June 20th.

Return to “Instruments”