BeepStreet released Dagger Synthesizer for VST/AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dagger

That's a real shame, because Dagger sounds incredible and it's one of my top 5 synths. :(

I keep fantasising about a bigger version of Dagger with more oscillators, polyphony [I love monophonic synths with mono/legato options, but sometimes you need polyphony!] and a simple mod-matrix at least.

Please, don't stop its development. It sounds on the level of u-he synths, if not even better, and that's a huge compliment coming from me. Sunrizer is "meh" in my book, but Dagger is really great.

I think a lot of people will agree with this. :tu:

Threadomancy in progress. :)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 pm That's a real shame, because Dagger sounds incredible and it's one of my top 5 synths. :(

I keep fantasising about a bigger version of Dagger with more oscillators, polyphony [I love monophonic synths with mono/legato options, but sometimes you need polyphony!] and a simple mod-matrix at least.

Please, don't stop its development. It sounds on the level of u-he synths, if not even better, and that's a huge compliment coming from me. Sunrizer is "meh" in my book, but Dagger is really great.

I think a lot of people will agree with this. :tu:

Threadomancy in progress. :)
The iOS synth app Zeeon is kind of a polyphonic Dagger with a very flexible mod-matrix where everything is updated at audio rate. It also has a fantastic zero delay feedback phaser and a nice BBD chorus and a nice delay. The reverb is not really good.
However, i doubt there will be a VST/AU because of piracy and some other things which seems not work out well as in iOS.
Beside that, his coming new app (should be this month) is a next masterpiece. A fantastic modular drum machine and more. Kind of an octatrack on steroids x 2. For me also Beepstreet DSP is indeed very good and on par with the best famous desktop tools a shame that they are iOS only mainly.
But i think it is a one man show.

where everything is updated at audio rate
Damn, that's even faster than Cockos and their update rate to Reaper! :o
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:10 am
where everything is updated at audio rate
Damn, that's even faster than Cockos and their update rate to Reaper! :o
Sorry, i don´t get your humor.
But i guess you know what i mean :wink:
Zeeon has a similar mod-matrix like Dune2/3 some features less but also some things which Dune cannot do like modulating with self audio input or using the output from Layer 1 to modulate something from layer 2 etc.
At the end it is a kind of semi-modular and i like to modulate things with an OSC.
Zeeon just sounds fantastic and it is only running on my freaking phone (i do not use an iPad anymore, just an iPhone for my iOS apps).
I would pay for it as VST/AU and would use it more than some of my other "famous" synths.

I believe it's a relevant theme to revive (or could be in soundware, but I think this one is relevant enogh).
Do you guys know if there are some good 3rd party presets for Dagger?
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Mister Dagger - 64 Presets For Dagger:
https://www.synthanatomy.com/2016/03/mi ... treet.html
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

What I like about this synth, and the dev, is that is sounds awesome, and he didn't have to come on KVR and claim its the best synth or anything like that. Simple, efficient.

I was playing with this synth the other week and really dug it. The resonance on the filters is particularly great, fierce without ever becoming grating.

Anyway, I ended up pretty much accidentally making a soundbank for it! Now that I see it's no longer commercially available I'll probably release it as a freebie. :)

Shame it's not available as I really think it's a unique and interesting approach to analogue emulation.

I agree, Dagger is a great sounding synth. It is still available to purchase, although there's been no Mac/Win development for years so it could go the same way as Sunrizer.

synaesthesia wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:49 am I was playing with this synth the other week and really dug it. The resonance on the filters is particularly great, fierce without ever becoming grating.

Anyway, I ended up pretty much accidentally making a soundbank for it! Now that I see it's no longer commercially available I'll probably release it as a freebie. :)

Shame it's not available as I really think it's a unique and interesting approach to analogue emulation.
What do you mean, you can still buy it :D

M1 ARM version please! I'd buy the **** out of it. Again. The UI is a bit fiddly, but at least it's all right there.

(It's Sunrizer that's no longer available for desktop.)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

gExpectations wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:14 am
synaesthesia wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:49 am I was playing with this synth the other week and really dug it. The resonance on the filters is particularly great, fierce without ever becoming grating.

What do you mean, you can still buy it :D
Ah, it wasn't for a while. Good to see it back!

Just picked up Dagger. Extraordinarily good bass out of this beast. Reminds me a little of Monark for presence but as others have said it has it’s own timbre. I have Zeeon for my iPhone, I’d love to see it on computer.

Does anyone know if an M1 Mac would run Zeeon in Logic?
Busy saucing sounds - soundsauca.com

Return to “Instruments”