One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

z.prime wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:24 am
That looks like lots of fun... a special that also allowed https://sampleson.com/SUB-free-analog-drums.html would make lots of people who struggle with drums happy!
I've been playing around with this - it's a pure pleasure. Incredibly useful when you're looking for some quick inspiration. And it sounds great; I'm saving every other randomization. In fact, that's my only complaint: I want a quicker "save preset" option.

Strike that last comment - I just thought of this as I submitted my post: Once you assign a midi controller to the "randomize" button, you can leave the preset window open for instant access.

(Also: If the word spreads, I think this could quickly become the new Synth 1 in terms of available presets.)
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Just an update on Push: The sound is apparently not that great - there's a lot of high-frequency noise in all my presets that I didn't notice earlier on my headphones. Tried to isolate the perpetrator, but in vain. Perhaps a low default sample rate or something like that, it's very light on CPU. Oh, well, that's a pity.
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

It has a good sound! I love these one button synths as the Element Of Surprise! Unfortunately, it seems that it is no longer available on the official Sampleson website. A lot of awesome synths go missing like this.

Incidentally... Forgive me if I'm off topic, but... There's only one missing synthesizer that I've been searching for years without success. It Is A Rock Hardbuns Pal Pad 3. :scared: Maybe someone in the OSC community has one in personal reserves and he could share it? :pray: Or direct me to the right path in KVR? :help:

P.S. Still, earlier in the synthesizers put more soul and ideas than now. Real pearls became much less... I think

Now that SoundCloud shot themselves in the foot (FAQ quoted below), are there plans to move OSC somewhere else?
As a free user on a Basic plan you can upload a total of 3 hours of audio or 15 tracks, whichever comes first.

On December 9th, if you have more than 3 hours of audio or 15 tracks on your account, uploading will become temporarily disabled. To continue uploading, you will need to make space for new uploads by either deleting older tracks to get under the free limit or unlocking unlimited uploads by upgrading to a Pro Unlimited plan.

ilmai wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:31 pm Now that SoundCloud shot themselves in the foot (FAQ quoted below), are there plans to move OSC somewhere else?
As a free user on a Basic plan you can upload a total of 3 hours of audio or 15 tracks, whichever comes first.

On December 9th, if you have more than 3 hours of audio or 15 tracks on your account, uploading will become temporarily disabled. To continue uploading, you will need to make space for new uploads by either deleting older tracks to get under the free limit or unlocking unlimited uploads by upgrading to a Pro Unlimited plan.
15 tracks is pretty decent, if you can afford or if you have a bank account you are supporting less fortunate or skinflints :)
They say they are increasing the quality of the stream to HD, so there is a bit of take and give.
Also, just make some really long competition entries to fill the full 3 hrs :D

:party: :phones: :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Even with 30 tracks (including 20 minutes of a droning data track) I haven't reached the 3 hour limit...
I know that Archive.org could hold all of our OSC madness (it already does store most of the OSC tracks) but it doesn't allow for quite the same level of commenting. there are some other great sites but adopting any of them would require re-tooling the OSC voting system.

I started participating in OSC because it has no entry cost; money is still a bit of a barrier for me so I don't want to fork over money to a third party just to participate. I could delete half of my music from SC and keep only my recent OSC music, but then I would still want to publish my other music somewhere else. And if I'm uploading my music to some other platform, why upload to SoundCloud? for the time being I will make do with the resources available and hunt down some new spaces for sharing music.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

I have started a discussion of the soundcloud issues people mentioned:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=535733

Please feel free to join in the discussion.

Hi, is there an opportunity to join the OSC with not having 40 posts at all (at least start and submit before the voting phase) or do I need to „collect“ 40 posts first?

SamDi wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:57 am Hi, is there an opportunity to join the OSC with not having 40 posts at all (at least start and submit before the voting phase) or do I need to „collect“ 40 posts first?
You can join the OSC right away. That rule doesn't apply to participants. The 40 posts rule applies only when you want to vote without participating.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 am You can join the OSC right away. That rule doesn't apply to participants. The 40 posts rule applies only when you want to vote without participating.
Ah OK, thanks.

SamDi wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:08 am
exponent1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 am You can join the OSC right away. That rule doesn't apply to participants. The 40 posts rule applies only when you want to vote without participating.
Ah OK, thanks.
But please do listen and leave feedback join in the fun! Cheers!

Just out of curiosity: Did anyone else experience a sudden spike in downloads on Soundcloud?? My 80+ tracks are downloaded about 3-4 times a week - but this week it's suddenly at 115!

I was thinking it might have something to do with the upload policy changes - and that bots are in a hurry to secure all the tracks that would've disappeared if Soundcloud went through with it. On the other hand, it might just be a random bot hitting my account for no particular reason. Oh, well, carry on!

Nope. The bots even put my tracks back. Downloads must be in the negatives by now...

Recently I wanted to give a spin on top5 tracks in Spotify and noticed that there are only submissions from 2017.

Maybe it has been already discussed, but I'm curious whether it is true or I'm just missing some information.

Are there any issues or really none of the winners wants to have their tracks on spotify?
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

If the OSC has no preconceptions about emulations (hopefully not, given Synth 1, SQ8L, OB-Xd...) I want to offer two great and free synthesizers from the company Digital systematic. These are K3-V (Kawai K3) and Syncla-X (Synclavier FM Unit).
I do not know what you decide about the K3-V waveforms (perhaps the solution will be similar to SQ8L) otherwise, all the main wishes and requirements of the community seem to be fulfilled:
1) There are Windows and Mac versions, 32/64bit.
2) Is a relatively new synthesizers (2018-2019).
3) It's free. :)
Here is the developer site: https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsystemic/

Return to “Instruments”