Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:21 pm NI Straylight 50% off, ending in a few hours.

That library's crap though, right? Surely not worth 99 EUR despite what the rave reviews say, right?
(Talk me out of buying it! I'll get urinary infection from sitting on a fence this time of year.)
:lol:

That's better than GAS, I would say. Just keep looking at your profile pic. If you buy it, change your profile pic.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:53 pm
pekadan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:21 pm NI Straylight 50% off, ending in a few hours.

That library's crap though, right? Surely not worth 99 EUR despite what the rave reviews say, right?
(Talk me out of buying it! I'll get urinary infection from sitting on a fence this time of year.)
:lol:

That's better than GAS, I would say. Just keep looking at your profile pic. If you buy it, change your profile pic.
Yeah you're right. "BAD GAS".

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:48 pm At Sonokinetic
Da Capo sounds really good to me.
https://www.sonokinetic.net/products/classical/dacapo/
Comments please just to test my hearing.
Very strong opening of their 12 Days of Christmas promotion. At 49 Euro this is a really nice one.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Da Capo sounds great. But apparently the ensemble patches are limited to "Strings" or "Brass" or "Woodwinds" or "Percussion", as opposed to specific instruments? But maybe the pitch range makes it relatively easy to use "Strings" as (for example) a violin or cello section, provided there's no overlap?... Or does it let you specify "violin" inside the Strings instrument?... (Likewise for different instruments in Brass and Woodwinds?)

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:16 pm Da Capo sounds great. But apparently the ensemble patches are limited to "Strings" or "Brass" or "Woodwinds" or "Percussion", as opposed to specific instruments? But maybe the pitch range makes it relatively easy to use "Strings" as (for example) a violin or cello section, provided there's no overlap?... Or does it let you specify "violin" inside the Strings instrument?... (Likewise for different instruments in Brass and Woodwinds?)
You can address the subsections within each patch. So you can only play the violins without the other strings, for example. Same for all the other instruments. But there are no solo instruments, only instrument sections.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:10 pm
Very strong opening of their 12 Days of Christmas promotion. At 49 Euro this is a really nice one.
Couldn't agree more ... and there goes the money.
(I already own some of their libraries, paid full price back then and don't regret a single cent - excellent stuff IMO).

mgw38 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:24 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:38 pm Just wanted to put in a heads up on Sonokinetic's Xmas sale. Starts today at 8 am pst (about an hour and a half) Usually the freebie is on the second day. But always lots of great deals. Though probably not for me as I have a lot of their stuff.
I‘m only missing their vocal and orchestral effects libraries. Are these any good?
I bought Maximo last year. It’s phrase-based, but wonderful for laying down ideas quickly. I would love to add Capriccio this year. :tu:

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:19 pm
profaudio wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:16 pm BTW Waves responded that they've added the Saturator plugin to my account, however did not respond with any further clarification or info. I will be monitoring future sales and documenting these claims of "8 units available at this price" and forwarding them to consumer rights groups. As far as I'm concerned (despite the message I received on here claiming there is nothing wrong with this practice) it's plainly obvious that this is NOT OK.
My God! They've given you the $24 plugin you wanted and you're still carrying out a vendetta! Waves isnt the problem here, obviously. Why do folks in this group have to hear any more about this nonsense? Isnt there a moderator here?
It's quite simple - I PURCHASED QUICKLY DUE TO THE "8 UNITS AVAILABLE AT THIS PRICE" message. This 'message' (on the advert) is UNCLEAR to say the least.

I contacted Waves whilst the promotion was the SAME PRICE which inc. the Saturator plugin.

I have [digital] consumer rights - and therefore would have fought for my refund - due to the way that I purchased which MISLED ME ("8 units available at this price"). I 100% would have otherwise made the purchase when the new Saturator plugin was added (which again is when I contacted Waves).

I was personally misled, so no doubt others are being misled by this message. I am carrying out my 'vendetta' ON THIS MESSAGE.

Thanks.

Always sounded amazing to my ears. Especially for a library that was designed to quickly sketch a score. Seems to be the best lib. on the market in that regard. As far as i know at least and it's just what I'm looking for. Don't think I'll be able to resit this year...
Last edited by D.Wako on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
What ever!

atya wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:29 pm
mgw38 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:10 pm
Couldn't agree more ... and there goes the money.
(I already own some of their libraries, paid full price back then and don't regret a single cent - excellent stuff IMO).
I didn't realize they give a significant discount for "loyalty points (beta)" now too. "5% of the amount spent on any product purchase on sonokinetic.net will be added as points to your user account. Loyalty Points are calculated on the rounded amount spent excluding shipping charges and taxes. You can use your Loyalty Points towards discounts of up to 50% of your cart value. One Loyalty Point is equal to a €1 discount."

They awarded me loyalty points retroactively based on past purchases: "Initial Loyalty points awarded based on your Sonokinetic purchases history"

mgw38 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:24 pm
dzilizzi wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:38 pm Just wanted to put in a heads up on Sonokinetic's Xmas sale. Starts today at 8 am pst (about an hour and a half) Usually the freebie is on the second day. But always lots of great deals. Though probably not for me as I have a lot of their stuff.
I‘m only missing their vocal and orchestral effects libraries. Are these any good?
I don't know about the choir, but the effects are supposed to be pretty decent. Those are pretty much the only things I don't have as well.

Sonokinetic make solid products and they keep upgrading them for years. I own Capriccio and a few others. :tu:

sonokinetic wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:03 pm Sonokinetic 12 Days Of Christmas 🎁 Day 2: To continue the Sonokinetic tradition: All new “Modal Runs” for orchestral Strings and Woodwinds for🎉FREE! ( limited amount). When we run out of free versions we’ll offer a 33% discount at https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale
Thanks for another awesome freebie! :party:

Free Modal Runs from Sonokinetic is now down to about 400 free copies (from 1000) in 12 minutes. There's only a couple of minutes left.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”