Looper FX module

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After some experimenting with that module I encountered some difficulties.
- It makes reaper crash after some recordings (win 10 64 bits, reaper 5.984)
- There's quite a big latency beetwen the moment I click record/play and the moment it actually start recording/playing. It usually 'eat' the first 1/8 note I'm playing. I know it's not my Daw settings cause it's working fine with other loopers.

Is there a way to start/stop recording at the begining of a bar ? That could open some nice live workflows...

The crash is already being looked at. It happens here if you set "Sync" to another value than "off", hit record in the looper and play in the DAW (also happens in FL Studio).
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Mmm... It crashes here even with sync set to off.

Please install 14.01, should be fixed now.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, I'll do that!

I finally had time to mess more with looper module.
Latency and crash issues seems to be fixed now, thank you! :)

Still there's one thing that make it almost unusable IMHO, it's the play button behavior. Each time we hit that button we usually want the loop to start from the begining, like a sampler. Right now it does that the first time we hit play, but then if stopping the loop and playing it again it won't start at the beginning of the loop.

Beside, that module also miss some features :
- I Think it really badly needs Undo/Redo button for the overdubs. So if we mess an overdub, we don't need to start again from scratch. Plus it could be a simple way to arrange a live song by putting another layer in the arrangement that we can control that way (it's a well spread hardware looper worflow).

- The sync length is already really great, but please :pray: consider adding the ability to start/stop/play recording at the begining of a bar. The use case would be : some playback runing , and when we want it we'll hit record and it will had another layer of perfect length and syncing with the song.
In addition, with the modularity of MXXX and that features, i think multitrack looper will be easy to set up. We could even sync easily several MXXX instances.

- The ability to import recorded loops to the daw session, would be great too. That way, after experimenting with the looper, we could quickly go further with composing.

- In addition, there are also the bells and whistles all hardware loopers tend to feature : reverse playing, x2 speed, x1/2 speed that would be great toys for live playing. I know others melda fx can do that but not on the first 'play' if I'm correct (except for x1/2 speed, that could be covered with mrythmizer I think... ).

Well hope those are not to hard to implement and it can make it to the dev cue! ;)

Well, the thing is, this Looper hasn't actually been created for this purpose and the record mix has been added just because it was easily possible :). I could add those features, but actually this seems like a waste of time, since I want to create a fully featured multitrack looper too ;). I don't think you could make a multitrack looper with this actually, you'd have a problem syncing the tracks probably.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm Well, the thing is, this Looper hasn't actually been created for this purpose and the record mix has been added just because it was easily possible :). I could add those features, but actually this seems like a waste of time, since I want to create a fully featured multitrack looper too ;). I don't think you could make a multitrack looper with this actually, you'd have a problem syncing the tracks probably.
Fully featured multitrack looper sounds nice to my ears :)

But, if all tracks are Syncing to the daw, wouldn't they be syncing with each others ?

Anyway thanks for responding!

I don't think they would, because they are syncing in length, not in position.
Vojtech

Ok, that's why I requested 'the ability to start/stop/play recording at the begining of a bar.' :)

Anyway, What do you think of what I said about that Play button behavior ?

A fully featured multitrack looper would be really cool.

Chandlerhimself wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:44 am A fully featured multitrack looper would be really cool.
Ho yeah!
Best
YY

ElVincente wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:45 pm Anyway, What do you think of what I said about that Play button behavior ?
As I said, it hasn't been designed for what you are trying to use it, but I'll keep that in mind for a multitrack looper ;)
Vojtech

Ok, but now I'm curious, which use case did you had in mind ? :)

Hehe the live looping of course :)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”