Christian music topics in the Music Café section

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find the cafe spamming more offensive than the religious agenda.

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:22 am There's also a difference between the local religious community and the Jehova witnesses.
In what way ?

Is this guy one of those ?

Maybe he’s the Santa version?

Jehohohova.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

as we are discussing one member really, baring in mind im not a believer...

he names his songs religious titles, true.
however, the posts never contain any religious doctrine, occassionally hell add a bible verse...

it has only ever raised any discussion when people ask him about it. which in fairness, would be rude if he didn't answer.

now, i agree religious arguments have their place in hpc, but that shouldnt mean all religious content.

and of course, religion should be a personal thing but, think of it like a piece of music gear, if you try it and it works for you, you tell others.

incidentally smoke weed! :party:

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:33 pm and of course, religion should be a personal thing but, think of it like a piece of music gear, if you try it and it works for you, you tell others.

That’s the problem I have with Christianity. You don’t see Jews, Buddhists, Muslims* trying to convert people on a daily basis.

* Yes, I know some are a bit a extreme :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:37 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:33 pm and of course, religion should be a personal thing but, think of it like a piece of music gear, if you try it and it works for you, you tell others.

That’s the problem I have with Christianity. You don’t see Jews, Buddhists, Muslims* trying to convert people on a daily basis.

* Yes, I know some are a bit a extreme :hihi:
theres extreme in all cases.
even the buddhists have their nutters.

we are all on a journey to the same destination, none of us is on "the right path" because there isnt one.
religion gives many people comfort, not all religious people are arseeholes. (many are, the more fundamentalist you get).

i think theres been more religious discussion in this thread than all of mosexs put together.
bloody atheists causing ruckus!

if you get triggered by god, never look at a dog in a mirror :o

I dont listen, I'm a atheist, so I'm not offended (I'm not forced to listen)

loads of songs have a political subject etc.... its the nature of music...

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:20 pm as we are discussing one member really, baring in mind im not a believer...

he names his songs religious titles, true.
however, the posts never contain any religious doctrine, occassionally hell add a bible verse...
Is that what this is about? That’s ridiculous - it’s hardly religious discussion.

As long as someone can post a song "Jesus Sucks" without being censored then it's fair.

Oh and don't confuse belief in a Religion with the belief in a "Higher Power". It's possible to believe in a "God" while still holding all current religion myths in equal contempt.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I suppose it comes down to whether someone is just presenting their Music for people to listen to or is using the Cafe as a vehicle for promoting their religious beliefs.

It's called the KVR Music Cafe not the KVR Church.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:37 pm As long as someone can post a song "Jesus Sucks" without being censored then it's fair.
Been done - Chuck E Jesus, Vespers and myself entered a song in the monthly contest years ago called ‘God Hates the World’. It placed second that month I believe...

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:37 pm As long as someone can post a song "Jesus Sucks" without being censored then it's fair.

Oh and don't confuse belief in a Religion with the belief in a "Higher Power". It's possible to believe in a "God" while still holding all current religion myths in equal contempt.
i dont :)

i know many people who believe in a god, that have no label.
if im honest, id probably put myself here, not so much in a creator but in a universal consciousness. but i ain't gonna try and explain it, or praise it.

as i said, we all have our own path to death.
people who dont try to get in the way of other peoples paths are fine with me :shrug:

Return to “Site Stuff”