Orb Composer S 1.5.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

80 euro for a new list of "known bugs". You really want to discourage even greatest fans, don't you? :dog:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Wtf this Sounds like a mess. Not opening old projects etc for a .5 release which isn't very cheap....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 am Wtf this Sounds like a mess. Not opening old projects etc for a .5 release which isn't very cheap....
Yeah. Even if I buy the upgrade during the sale, I'm not going to install it until the violin and cello bug is fixed. (Can do group violin and cello instead of solo, but it's not the same.)

But the sale (for pro upgrade) is only 20 euro off from 100, so I might not bother. Maybe let their revenue department feel our displeasure....

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:37 pmBut the sale (for pro upgrade) is only 20 euro off from 100, so I might not bother. Maybe let their revenue department feel our displeasure....
Last year, Hexachords had a 50% off sale to upgrade from Artist to Pro. Although it helped them to sell a lot of Pro licenses, Hexachords must have felt like they gave away the farm with that sale, because they have been trying to recoup as much money as they can for the Pro version ever since.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I wouldn't mind giving them money if the product was actually polished and just worth it. These new bugs have still nothing to do with my feature wishlist and other issues I reported a long time ago.

I really like Orb Composer and would love the project to succeed, but there are just so many better products out there to spend money on...
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

but there are just so many better products out there to spend money on...
Have to agree on most critics and I am sad about it too. But I wonder what you mean with this cause I dont know ANY better product doing exactly this or do you mean in general music software ? There are lots of midi tools especially coming out last years (like the Captain plugins and so on) but I really dont know any product that is doing what Orb Composer does (and in an easy to understand/get started way I may have to add).

Have they really still not fixed the solo violin and solo cello bug, or have they just not updated the October 19th list of known issues? This is ridiculous. Solo violin and solo cello are two of the primary instruments I use Orb Composer for. Ensemble violin and cello should have different playing styles than solo, and my best / favorite Kontakt libraries are solo, not ensemble....

OTOH melody import that doesn't suck would be nice. But it's a feature they had already promised to implement in the previous paid version. Not try to extort another $90 out of us for it.

[Edit: figured out that to move all of the dynamics nodes up or down, press shift and then click and drag.]

Currently solo violin and solo cello can be set to Melody, Bass, or Chords, but choosing Motif or Arpeggio causes a crash.

Thankfully, after installing 1.5 I'm still able to use the old Pro version (S 1.4.5). (Windows 10.)

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:18 am Currently solo violin and solo cello can be set to Melody, Bass, or Chords, but choosing Motif or Arpeggio causes a crash.
I am wondering when the first update for 1.5 will be released. The update should include fixes for the issues that have been known for some time (such as the one you describe).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

The system for choosing your own chords seems badly broken. Even at "Deformation" 0, notes from outside the chord get inserted, and inverted chords have the wrong bottom note. (In addition to bizarre gui bugs that vanish after restarting.)

Example: G7 chord (in C major scale) becomes A B D G. Deformation set to 0.

[Edit: apparently chord inversion only affects the Bass articulation, and Deformation only affects rhythm.]

For a bass guitar instrument in Bass role, with Octave set as low as possible (-4) and high density... Orb 1.5 produces a lot of midi notes above C5.

A new maintenance release of Orb Composer Pro (version 1.5.1) has been released.

Releases notes v1.5.1:
  • Added Catalina compatibility on MAC
  • Fixed crashes when creating clips from Violin and Cello solos
  • Fixed themes changing to Theme Copies when changing block structures
  • Fixed curves changing to incorrect type when changing block structure
OC Artist 1.5.1 (Windows)
OC Pro 1.5.1 (Windows)
OC Artist 1.5.1 (Mac)
OC Pro 1.5.1 (Mac)

^Nice.
Fixed themes changing to Theme Copies when changing block structures
Hopefully that's related to an issue I once reported - couldn't set two separate variations for two separate themes.

This software is so buggy. I bought 1.4 less than 6 months later, they wanted more money for a new version of the program, telling me that it was significantly better than 1.4. How about you compensate US for being beta testers! You shouldn't have even released this buggy ass software to the public before 1.5

Worst software purchase in my entire life.

And drums on midi channel 10, everybody knows this, why doesn't hexachords???

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”