Zebra 2.9 released

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got the Zebras and Hive. I was always afraid of the complexity of Zebra when I previously demoed it but the new skin is brilliant. It is so clear, so clean, a real pleasure to work with. The surprise was Hive, need to re-read the manual, watch the tutorials and take written notes (as I usually do with new plugins). I spent most of the time with the Z so far.

For some reason I thought ZebraHZ had no mod matrix but then I found it 2 days later - I had an Evrika moment realizing thst HZ is simply “more of” Zebra.

I freaking love this synth. It can be a rabbit hole but for some very strange reason I can simply stop at any time, without endlessly tweak a preset to death.

Now I am aware that nothing I say is new and that I am commenting on a synth over a decade old. But it was so much ahead of time at launch and as it is right now, is the best sounding synth I own (and I own over a dozen).

I heard people saying that Zebra is cold and characterless and whatnot, I only did “analog” patches these days and I learned that ZHZ can replace Diva in many situations. This thing can only sound as the human behind it can program it.

What I wanted to say, I guess, thank you Urs and u-he team for developing such great and nicely thought products. Thank you for continuously perfecting these tools and supporting new os’es. Thank you for a decent and hassle-free copy protection. And thank you for this winter sale, hopefully you gained some new happy clients. Cheers!

suisidechain wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 am
I heard people saying that Zebra is cold and characterless and whatnot
Maybe by default, and only when compared to things like Repro and Diva. IMHO Zebra generally has a richer sound than most workhorse type synths. But as you know, it doesn't take much effort to warm it up. The one really easy thing that I do a lot is just bending the waveforms a bit. My analog synths don't make perfect saw waves with straight lines and perfectly sharp angles, especially my Sub37. It's more of a hill. Easy to do in Zebra

Quick question: what is the use of "convert to h2p" option in the preset browser? The presets seem to be h2p already. It has something to do with legacy?

sircuit wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:49 pm Quick question: what is the use of "convert to h2p" option in the preset browser? The presets seem to be h2p already. It has something to do with legacy?
If you have presets in .fxp, .nksf or .aupreset (Mac only), you can convert them to .h2p

Likewise, if you select, say, .fxp as save format, it'll say "convert to fxp" and you can batch-convert .h2p to .fxp

(I don't recall if there was a separate format for VST3 and if we support it)

carrieres wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:21 pm
#rob wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:16 pm
#rob wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:02 pm
Stefken wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:01 pm Can you combine the 30% discount on Zebra 2 with the dinosaur crossgrade
No.
My bad, "internal miscommunication".
Yes, it's possible. But don't tell anybody. ;)

Note: only serious requests with actual synths will be considered during this sale.
So no fun stuff, you know how we Germans roll.
i really don't know how i can resist the zebra at this price :cry:
I could not resist, i am weak :help:
now, i am looking for luftrum soundbank :help:

Urs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:56 pm
(I don't recall if there was a separate format for VST3 and if we support it)
There is - '.vstpreset' - but I don't think you do

Urs, are there any specifics what features HZ version will get?

the-machine wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm Urs, are there any specifics what features HZ version will get?
would be interesting to know :)

u-he,
Thank you for Zebra 2.9. I appreciate the new X/Y performance stuff.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

like the NKS XY macros very much

The new XY assignments are for everybody, not only NKS users.

Urs wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:01 pm
Sound Author wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:29 pm Still waiting for that juicy Bazille/ACE update w Cookbook.
We'll be releasing updates to Bazille soon (and ACE, Hive, Repro, Diva). Once the Bazille update is out, we can start releasing the Cookbook.
I thought Cookbook is like Z̶e̶b̶r̶a̶ ̶3̶ i mean Half Life 3
Murderous duck!

Are the very latest builds always on the first page of this thread?

killmaster wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 am Are the very latest builds always on the first page of this thread?
They have been, still are. As the thread title suggests, they're identical with the official version on our website though.

What we call "latest builds" in the sense of "newer than official versions" always have their own sticky thread in this forum. We use those to fix issues for some ahead of official releases.

carrieres wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 pm I could not resist, i am weak :help:
now, i am looking for luftrum soundbank :help:
i am looking for luftrum, Electric Himalaya and Aiyn Zahev soundbanks :love:

https://www.luftrum.com/synthpresets/
http://www.electric-himalaya.com/index.html
https://www.aiynzahev-sounds.com/collections/zebra2

Return to “u-he”