Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dangayle wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:20 pm iZotope, Plugin Alliance, Waves. What do they all have in common? Their pricing is all over the place. One day a plugin or bundle is $699, the next it is $199, then it's $499 as a "loyalty discount", then it's $69, then it's $25, then it's $399.

I really do hate that. No issues with Fabfilter, U-he, Native Instruments or most of the other mid/small developers.
And in at least Izotopes case..the day after that it's being given away free with any purchase from Plugin Boutique. That usually means you can get them for about £3.

I watched it happen with Iris 2. Went from whatever down to £29 and then it was free. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen with Breaktweaker and Stutter Edit.

But the thing I like least about them is it seems you are better waiting and buying the newest verion of Ozone or Neutron outright because the upgrade prices despite sales seems to be higher.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Well Breaktweaker expanded was going for $19.. then they turn around and ask $249 for it the next day.

Yeah, Waves is one of the worst offenders.. I’ve got ver 9, 10 and 11 plugins now because some weren’t installed and I didn’t know you had to manually “update” them regardless.

So now in order to run my plugins I have to pay more than they’re selling them for in order to have a version compatible with their installer. How does that make sense..

Had no idea they were going to jettison all my plugins when I installed a V11 plugin.

I'll spare you the original analogy of the pimp, the whore and the johns.

But as it relates to these companies, the bottom line is "there's no such thing as a $500. plugin. There are however, $500. plugin customers."

dangayle wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:20 pm iZotope, Plugin Alliance, Waves. What do they all have in common? Their pricing is all over the place. One day a plugin or bundle is $699, the next it is $199, then it's $499 as a "loyalty discount", then it's $69, then it's $25, then it's $399.

I really do hate that. No issues with Fabfilter, U-he, Native Instruments or most of the other mid/small developers.
At least, with Waves you 'know' that the price of the plugins are 29 - eventually everything gets this price, if you wait.

waltercruz wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 pm

At least, with Waves you 'know' that the price of the plugins are 29 - eventually everything gets this price, if you wait.
sometimes, if you wait long enough, it becomes free. :clap:
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

i have come to the conclusion in my KVR travels that many of these companies use pricing schemes which would normally get them fined in any consumer watchdog agency. imaging if the price of milk went from $100 to $3 at your local grocery store. VSTs are the wild west IMO.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Hmm, seems some action should be taken against Waves for preventing someone from accessing plugins they paid for.. and not automatically updating the version number in someone’s account to the latest in the year window.. i.e. my 9’s should have become 10’s and in some cases V11.

Many studios just want things stable and don’t rush to update all the time.

In any case there really have been no substantial improvements to justify a versioning. Nothing different about Metafilter 9 vs 11.

Oddly, it seems to work. I have bought alot more iZotope/PA stuff than FF/u-he over the past year.

Little Microshift for $9 at JRR Shop.

Hoping they get through all the little plugs + echoby jr this way.

Evolution Series sale is on, looks like up to 40%, and Clar-Duduk is free: https://www.evolutionseries.com/shop-main/

Shop product pages to buy are separate from the "portfolio" pages where explanations of what the products are and audio demos can be found. While linked to in the shop page, ass-backwards setup to me, but then again, website storefront/cart systems can create odd scenarios like that.

Anyway, they sound good to me. Any users can comment, particularly on the percussion stuff?

Is there any good alternative to RX 7 standard. I am looking for other functionalities (vocal isolation, etc.) instead of declip, dehum, etc.
Similarly, any better alternative to SpectraLayer Pro?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:39 am Is there any good alternative to RX 7 standard. I am looking for other functionalities (vocal isolation, etc.) instead of declip, dehum, etc.
Similarly, any better alternative to SpectraLayer Pro?
Besides EQ, there is the Waves Restoration bundle which is on sale for $109 right now. IMHO RX is just better. Melodyne Editor is fantastic adding a lot of options for vocals.

I missed the special price on the Sampletank 4 upgrade from v3 during Black Friday and hope they run a sale (maybe for Christmas?) again soon.

It is on sale now, but not as low as Black Friday was. Right now with their sale I think it's $139 and with Jam points I get it down to about $100 or so, but for BF (using jam points) it was about $69.

I have had Total Studio 2 Max since it was released and hoping v3 of that comes out in the new year. Still on Sampletank 3, but looking forward to 4.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

BeeDog wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:01 pm Speaking of which, @Uncle E, do you think the usual codes will apply to DrumComputer any time soon? :D
Please PM me and I'll take care of it. :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”