Reason 12 Predictions....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the last ten ot so years Fruity was given a vector interface, ported to Mac from Delphi and been constantly endowed with new features, effects, synths. And its been available as a VST plugin since evas.
And lifetime free upgrades.

Props invented another plugin format.

Just sayin ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Aren’t they using Delphi for the Mac port? I don’t think will ever change to C/C++.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

My prediction for Reason versions 12-38.

The_intrancer still won’t be able to let go.

ShawnG wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 am My prediction for Reason versions 12-38.

The_intrancer still won’t be able to let go.
I let go of Reason 5 years ago, it was easier than I thought it would be, May 2001 - November 2014. Tried to get into the way of using Rewire, but found it wasn't necessary given the huge number of VST instruments out there already and that of which I had already acquired vie Reaktor. I'll only really consider getting the Rack and being able to resurrect my old RE's from their coffins when proper scaling is implemented. I was able to get all of UHE's effects as VST's for free with having 8 of them as RE's, which was awesome as they scale in size. I have Antidote and Predator as RE's, and would have liked to have had VST versions of them... I don't know if Rob Papen has ever let people acquire the same RE in VST format as U-HE does.. Predators GUI in VST format is far better the RE.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Right you've moved on with a new wife etc... But here you are, still driving past the ex's house late at night. Again. :D

As far as Rob Papen and predator, you can write to them, I believe they have a 50% crossgrade if you own an RE version. For me, since I had 3 RE's of theirs, they let me buy the full explorer in VST for 150 bucks, but that was a few years ago. perhaps, since the VST has moved on to Predator 2 it might be different? but it's worth creating a support ticket to find out. RP have been awesome, any time I've ever dealt with them.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 pm You don’t know that they’re ignoring it. It’s not a trivial change, so it’s not going to be something that’s updated overnight.
Sure - but they've been aware of this for years and years... so I think it's fair to use those words at this point
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

eivind wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:21 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 pm You don’t know that they’re ignoring it. It’s not a trivial change, so it’s not going to be something that’s updated overnight.
Sure - but they've been aware of this for years and years... so I think it's fair to use those words at this point
But you don’t know that they’re “ignoring it”. Taking their sweet time, maybe, but I seriously doubt they are ignoring it.

I think Reason will get away from the sequencer, and focus on instruments.

ShawnG wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:50 am Right you've moved on with a new wife etc... But here you are, still driving past the ex's house late at night. Again. :D

As far as Rob Papen and predator, you can write to them, I believe they have a 50% crossgrade if you own an RE version. For me, since I had 3 RE's of theirs, they let me buy the full explorer in VST for 150 bucks, but that was a few years ago. perhaps, since the VST has moved on to Predator 2 it might be different? but it's worth creating a support ticket to find out. RP have been awesome, any time I've ever dealt with them.
I'll pass then, that's what the RE cost in 2012... Someone needs to do a complete re-modernisation of all of Rob Papen plugins though...They look like they came out 15 years ago having just had a look at them...I wouldn't buy Predator 2 looking the way it is now.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:42 pm
ShawnG wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:50 am Right you've moved on with a new wife etc... But here you are, still driving past the ex's house late at night. Again. :D

I'll pass then, that's what the RE cost in 2012... Someone needs to do a complete re-modernisation of all of Rob Papen plugins though...They look like they came out 15 years ago having just had a look at them...I wouldn't buy Predator 2 looking the way it is now.
I think you misunderstood. the 150 was what they let me pay for their full VST explorer bundle since I owned 3 RP RE's. if you only have Predator RE, as long as nothing's changed, you would be able to buy it for 75 bucks, half of the current price. RP plugin looks aren't great, admittedly, but the UI's are very usable (although I've never really liked the RP step sequencer). I tend to put more stock in sound than looks when it comes to musical instruments, but YMMV.

ShawnG wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:06 pm I think you misunderstood. the 150 was what they let me pay for their full VST explorer bundle since I owned 3 RP RE's. if you only have Predator RE, as long as nothing's changed, you would be able to buy it for 75 bucks, half of the current price. RP plugin looks aren't great, admittedly, but the UI's are very usable (although I've never really liked the RP step sequencer). I tend to put more stock in sound than looks when it comes to musical instruments, but YMMV.
No, I understood, I just calculated that I would be paying 75 on top of the 75 that I already paid for the RE version. :wink: Would that justify a possible cost of upgrade to Predator 2 if the option was on the table..? I don't think so, but if I could reskin the GUI myself, then that may justify a purchase, however there would be a very slim chance of that I think.

For me, I place more on the quality of something more than the quantity.

Right now, I'm mid stream in a new trance track... I might Rewire that old predator in vie Reason 7 for a laugh.. :-D

My prediction!. That no matter what it is and when it is it will be the bee's knee's for some and not so much for others.

How's that for being on the fence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be "Rack Only" no longer a supporting DAW.

SYXONEPRO wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:40 am It's going to be "Rack Only" no longer a supporting DAW.
Sounds REASONable.

Considering recent communication from them, I expect v12 (by the end of this year) to have GPU accelerated high-res GUI. If they added track folders that would be a cherry on a cake.

And this:

r.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by antic604 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”