Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 pm Nice move by Arturia. They are doing all the right things. Nice free update with granular, even adding mpe. It’s funny when you compare them to NI, both of whom have been around quite a while. Arturia updated their old GUIs. The GUIs even work flawlessly in touch screens and now they are adding mpe. They are keeping up with technology. The pace of their development is killing NI. Honestly I just wish I liked the Arturia sound more. I tend to find it all a bit dull and smeary, as pigments was described earlier.
Agreed, with everything. And I'm kinda curious about how NI will react.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 pm Nice move by Arturia. They are doing all the right things. Nice free update with granular, even adding mpe. It’s funny when you compare them to NI, both of whom have been around quite a while. Arturia updated their old GUIs. The GUIs even work flawlessly in touch screens and now they are adding mpe. They are keeping up with technology. The pace of their development is killing NI. Honestly I just wish I liked the Arturia sound more. I tend to find it all a bit dull and smeary, as pigments was described earlier.
Agreed, with everything. And I'm kinda curious about how NI will react.
They will give you a free update to Massive X 2.02

👍
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Yes Arturia has steadily been going forward, keeping up with technology and being very gracious towards customers, existing and new alike.

The Arturia softsynths do benefit from some post processing imo. I have a custom Ableton rack I use to give it some extra oumph and sparkle.

I don't really see the point or the comparison between Massive X and Pigments? People buy and use multiple synths because they all have strong and weak points. Massive v1 was lauded when it came out, I thought it sounded pretty good, but I never got the buzz. I mean so did and do a lot of other synths? never felt the need to go online and dis on it though.

Amazing free update, cheers Arturia

machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:04 am I don't really see the point or the comparison between Massive X and Pigments? People buy and use multiple synths because they all have strong and weak points. Massive v1 was lauded when it came out, I thought it sounded pretty good, but I never got the buzz. I mean so did and do a lot of other synths? never felt the need to go online and dis on it though.
yup. that true. sounds better or worse is very subjective. but when comparing UX and usability, there can be better and worse. That Massive X interface -- not good IMO.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Pigments:
Sound 7
UI 9

Massive X:
Sound 10
UI 1

The question is does V2 get closer with the granular engine.. If it does then I'll be all over it. Installing demo...
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

dumbledog wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 pm The problem with Pigments is that it has this sort of aquamarine sound, if you know what I mean. Turn the modulations up and you'll get this distinctive oyster tone that has this sort of gaseous iodine feeling.

I just don't know how to get that, you know, "hyperbolic arctangent" vibe when the filter goes from nicotine-esque to utter pancreatitis with just a little throw of the knob.
well played :D :D

How does patch saving work? Are the samples/wavetables imbedded into the preset? Or if i send over someone a preset, i also have to send them the wavetable/preset?

just got a ad that i can purchase pigments 2 for 50 ? its that right?

shine_uno wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 am just got a ad that i can purchase pigments 2 for 50 ? its that right?
Arturia ads will often show the least amount, so log in to your account and check. If you have V Collection 7, $49 sounds correct.

How is the cpu usage, was it improved in V2? Some test videos showed it is quite "ridiculously" high... Esp. interesting in combination with new MPE feature. Also I seem not to be able to find a video with impressive demo sounds. Are the factory presets maybe a bit weak or so?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:56 am Also I seem not to be able to find a video with impressive demo sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0g83Aqd7Fs

Uhm, yeah I saw this one... Thanks anyway.

Have to say the routing is fantastic especially useful as bought an expression pedal yesterday :) and pigments is very easy to make.a good patch

More impressed today after making my own pad sounds good just not quite sounding "alive" to me yet futrher experimentaion required I probably will buy at current price as very good value and good fun to play with

patches sound really good but some synths to me sound exciting, dynamic like a real instrument - Zebra and Massive X are the two that have fallen into that category for me in the sense you can push the boundaries and the sound gets more and more complex and exciting and you think how's a synth making this noise ? Vs a sorta mushy sound if you push too hard that you get with some synths

Not sure which category this one fits in yet

Return to “Instruments”