Why does AGLP sound like a piano instead of a guitar?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am finding that when playing chords with some of the AGLP clean rhythm presets they sound more like a piano/keyboard versus a guitar. Is there some trick of the trade to make them sound more guitarish?

Thank you,
yeto

I personally always go to settings -> sample and set sample start to 0 ms and release to minimum (50 ms). If the sample start is something like 25 ms you're losing 25 milliseconds of the originally recorded pick attack sound.

Thanks Tremendouz, 0ms is better for ARP, Strum, and melody. 35ms is better for repeated notes - play one note repeatedly.

Tremendouz wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:01 am I personally always go to settings -> sample and set sample start to 0 ms and release to minimum (50 ms). If the sample start is something like 25 ms you're losing 25 milliseconds of the originally recorded pick attack sound.
Thank you. This is very helpful.

Ample Sound wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:44 am Thanks Tremendouz, 0ms is better for ARP, Strum, and melody. 35ms is better for repeated notes - play one note repeatedly.
Thank you. What does ARP stand for?

Thank you,
yeto

Probably arpeggios.

Tremendouz wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:37 pm Probably arpeggios.
That makes sense. Thank you.

yeto wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:10 pm
Ample Sound wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:44 am Thanks Tremendouz, 0ms is better for ARP, Strum, and melody. 35ms is better for repeated notes - play one note repeatedly.
Thank you. What does ARP stand for?

Thank you,
yeto
One by one play notes in a chord, and all notes sound ring.

Return to “Ample Sound”