Xils-Lab X-505 String Machine 'The Analog Orchestra' : Released + intro price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 505

Yet another synth in this oversaturated market? Why not investing the precious time in maintenance and bug fixing of existings products?

I'm not entering a horse in this race. In fact, I don't even understand how you can "Play and Win [emphasis mine] the next Xils-Lab Synthesizer". If it's not out, how can you play it? I also don't get how you're supposed to "find the original model emulated". (Emulated by whom?)

That said, I like Xils' stuff, and I just want to see how this plays out, so I'll just sit over here in the corner, watching others post their guesses.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Lotuzia wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm SOoo, first : Thanks to all for playing :)

Until now nobody gave the right answer and guessed what is the original instrument the next xils synthesizer emulates. All the instruments already mentioned and proposed can be eliminated from the list.

Remember : You can vote ONE time per 24 hours.

Good luck to all :hug:
RMI Harmonic Synthesizer
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

That’s what I was thinking.

So... Elka X705.

Jon

Korg Lambda

enCiphered wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:54 am Yet another synth in this oversaturated market? Why not investing the precious time in maintenance and bug fixing of existings products?
Which bugs do you have in Xils' existing products ?

Personally : none.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

And no, the market is not oversaturated. There are and there will always be a place for new emulations for those who love the emulations. If it's not your case, you're not constraint to discuss about them. You can perfectly pass your way.

Do you also say that the market of the effects is also oversaturated ? How many reverbs, how many EQ, how many delays, how many compressors, etc. ? Loads and loads, as well. But it doesn't mean that the market is oversaturated. Because they all have each one their lovers. It doesn't matter if they overlap more or less... the important is that each one of these products has its lovers ! The others can perfectly pass their way !

If the market were oversaturated as you said, all the developers should better close down and register for unemployment. What would become the market in the next year, then ? Do you believe that settling for bugs is an enthralling occupation !? If the developers follow your advice, the market would be totally dead in less than a year !

And when you complain about maintenance and fixing bugs, please tell us exactly what are the existing bugs you observe in Xils products. Otherwise, your acid critic is totally irrelevant.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:45 am
enCiphered wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:54 am Yet another synth in this oversaturated market? Why not investing the precious time in maintenance and bug fixing of existings products?
Which bugs do you have in Xils' existing products ?

Personally : none.
I do, I am sorry. I do not want to be unfriendly to X, but I am still waiting for Syn'x NKS to be fixed. I do like the synth, but I will not install another Xils synth until fixed.

BlackWinny wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:53 am If the market was oversaturated as you said, all the developers should better close down and register for unemployment. What would become the market in the next year, then ? Do you believe that settling for bugs is an enthralling occupation !? If the developers follow your advice, the market would be totally dead in less than a year !

And when you complain about maintenance and fixing bug, please tell us exactly what are the existing bugs you observe in Xils products. Otherwise, your acid critic is totally irrelevant.
IMO this is another guy who doesn't know what he's talking about, yet wants to say something. So, he repeats one of the most popular statements, which is "maitain your existing products and correct bugs (as if this isn't and hasn't been done).

Regarding the oversaturation of the market, I would say that it is oversaturar'ted with (bad quality) music, yet there are people (probably including the poster) making music every day. I guess we all should give up making music (and that way no more synths and/or effects would be needed) :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Well the Resynator is certainly rare....So that's my guess for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScgiGiJsoQ
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:48 am Well the Resynator is certainly rare....So that's my guess for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScgiGiJsoQ
A clone of a Behringer clone, maybe? :lol:

yamaha FS1R

Maxi-Korg 800DV

Electronic Dream Plant (EDP) Wasp

rob_lee wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 am A clone of a Behringer clone, maybe? :lol:
Actually it's a very interesting story....."Alison Tavel is on a mission to bring a legendary – but little-heard – synth called The Resynator back to life. It’s an epic saga that’s about way more than just gear, as she seeks to reignite the life force of its inventor Don Tavel – her late father that she never knew".

https://sonicscoop.com/2018/04/11/alive ... hs-return/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”