The Analog Orchestra String Machine.
It's a String Machine, it's also a Synthesiser... a Bass Synth.
And it can be the three of them simultaneously, which is why the original unit was advertised as 'The Analog Orchestra'.
We also added a Vintage Analog Human Choir Machine(as an alternative oscillator source for the Synthesiser Section) and exposed numerous hidden parameters of the vintage String Machine model.
The X-505 offers an amazing 49 notes of polyphony, with all the layering, sources mixing, and tweaking possibilities of it's glorious ancestor, one of the most versatile and powerful String Machines ever built, including the precious balance between the Strings 4' and 8' registers, and individual settings for all the inputs of the quadruple (yes 4) BBD Chorus unit. The juicy sounding analog Phaser and a natural sounding vintage reverb add to the pile.
The result : A much larger sound palette. You can sculpt precisely huge Strings/Brass/Bass layers, or Voice/Strings Sections. Thick basses or Leads. And, combining the monophonic filter engine and the TOD oscillators, play parts that can't be replicated with any other synthesizers.
X-505 in short:
- Oscillator: The mother of all sources. One faithfully emulated, aliasing free, TOD (Top Octave Divider) Oscillator providing up to 49 voices of polyphony.
- A String Section, with it's own filter, Waveform mangling, AR settings.
- A Synthesiser Section with dedicated ADSR, 24db Analog Filter with envelope and LFO modulations, various sound sources (Rocker switches) and the Second Touch special retrigger feature.
- A Human Voice Section with custom formant and balance settings.
- A Bass Section with three cumulative waveforms. Each waveform can be filtered in the BASS panel.
- One Main LFO to control the Vibrato. And another LFO freely assignable in the Mod Matrix.
- Several Envelope Parameters for each section. A global ADSR for the Synth Section. And still, another DADSR envelope freely assignable in the Mod Matrix.
- A thick sounding quadruple BBD Chorus/Ensemble unit. (Each section has it's own send level).
- A raw Analog Phaser effect. A Vintage Natural sounding reverb. A True Stereo Space effect.
- A Modulation Matrix, with 6 nodes addressing 14 sources and 24 destinations. Access to a lot of secret hardware parameters.
- A special Glide Section, an advanced polyphonic Arpeggiator.
- And finally, all parameters can be controlled via MIDI Cc in your Daw (or Live).