Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 505

Buchla Touche
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Korg PS-3100

planetearth wrote: I like Xils' stuff, and I just want to see how this plays out, so I'll just sit over here in the corner, watching others post their guesses.
Same here.

As someone who has won a XILS-lab synth via such a 'guessing-game' before (XILS 3.2 LE) i would have been happy to play, but when it could literally be any synth ever made, the odds of even just getting the manufacturer right are so low that it borders on futility, so i too will just watch and see what it was.

Especially considering two of the descriptors are subjective:

"Unique" in whose opinion ?

"Exquisite" again subjective. One man's exquisite is another man's dead common.

But I figure there can't be more than a thousand synths that fit the description of "rare and analog" so a one in a thousand chance of winning isn't too bad. Beats the odds of winning the lottery.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I saw some digital synths being suggested.

Laurent wrote "analog".
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Ok, Timbre Wolf must be it then!
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:35 pm Ok, Timbre Wolf must be it then!
Already guessed

Yes if the thread goes long enough it will turn from "what synth do I think it will be" into "what synth do I want it to be" and include instruments that don't meet any of the criteria.

It will probably be some tired old synth that has rightfully faded into synthesizer history and will probably not interest me in the least bit.

A few synths that have been listed so far would be interesting but I doubt it will be one of those. Maybe some obscure synth from the old Soviet Block that has more sentimentality than functionality.

But what the heck it's a bit of fun to guess.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:21 pm Especially considering two of the descriptors are subjective:

"Unique" in whose opinion ?

"Exquisite" again subjective. One man's exquisite is another man's dead common.

But I figure there can't be more than a thousand synths that fit the description of "rare and analog" so a one in a thousand chance of winning isn't too bad. Beats the odds of winning the lottery.
Yes. That's why I make only crazy suggestions (Moog Minimoog, Jen SynX 508, EMS Synthi KB1, Elektor Formant... and I'll add probably even crazier, ha ha !). Because it's not worse than trying to win the lottery.

I wrote a similar post here and here. It's the first time I'm not at all enjoyed to play the "guess the synth" game. But... er... I contribute just to make me laugh and to make laugh others.

The KVR show miss some clowns...
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:44 pm
Already guessed
Damn! :dog:

Well, i don't need any more synths anyway and am actually in the process of slimming down even further

Congrats to the winner anyway, you were quicker, you lucky git :clap:
Last edited by FapFilter on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:44 pm
Already guessed
Thanks for doing Lotuzia's work for him by keeping a list of synths already guessed.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=536464&p=7608810#p7608810

That will save people a lot of time having to read back through the whole thread and/or save the thread from too many duplicates.

You should get a free license for your efforts. :tu:
FapFilter wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:49 pm Congrats to the winner anyway, you were quicker, you lucky git :clap:
No one has won yet to the best of my knowledge. It's just the guess was already made so if it is that synth the first person will win.

Rhodes Chroma Polaris

You guys have surprised me. Some units have been mentioned that I did not know. This is good for my synthesizer culture, thanks for that :tu:

I hope it was also fun for all those reading this thread, and interested in rare and unique analog machines.

Nobody did make the right guess though until now.

So here are some more clues, because yes, the choices have to be restrained from now on :

* The name of the BRAND who made this unit doesn't begin by a letter in the first half of the alphabet (until L). So no Korg, Buchla, etc. But Zyklonic would be valid if ever such a brand existed in the past.
* The BRAND is rather famous. (But thanks for naming all these obscure ones, including those I wasn't aware of) It's not complete esoteric material.
* The instrument has, to my knowledge, never been emulated. Though, of course, I've seen it has been proposed inside of 'sample' sets.

Good luck to all :wink:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

FapFilter wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:49 pm Congrats to the winner anyway :clap:
Sure ! He (or She) will be ready to risk his/her chance at the one-armed bandit with only a few pence in pocket when coming in.
:dog:

Return to “Instruments”