Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

0degree wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:16 amI have exactly the opposite view - prefer to support smaller devs. The reason is bigger companies often hide behind electronic wall of support and quite often nothing is ever really fixed. I had this issue with Propellerheads for example. On the other hand in case of small devs at least they are more approachable
+1

I bought Viper not only because of it's high quality, but also because I wanted to support Adam after his 3 years journey of emulating the Virus. A really marvelous task! :clap:

deleted
Last edited by PietW. on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:34 pm If you want the Virus TI's wavetables for the Viper, send me a PM.
Please note. These wavetables are not mine.
Nice - I didn't know these existed out and about. Just found them and will give them a try later. Thanks for the heads up.

I have to say I love the latest soundbank for viper, as well as the update. Viper just sounds so awesome. :party:

antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:00 am
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:48 amSo is it better to take 2 weeks off and have a good rest and back to work happy?
It's not either / or. Well planned business would release it two weeks before vacations to have the time to address the bugs during 9-17 working hours; or release it after holidays, when he's back "in the office" to take care of the reports.
In a one man operation sometimes unforeseen circumstances throw plans out the window. And I’m sure many users are happier he released it now before Xmas, rather than after he came back from vacation like it seems you want him to.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guys, if you just say its crashing I cannot do anything with that information. I need detailed info: which DAW you used, which viper version (32 or 64 bit), did you change the gui size, did you hold a key down when you changed presets when it crashed, which presets it crashed etc...
Last edited by adamszabo on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Adam, many thanks for latest, huge update. Now I love Viper even more!

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:30 am Hold down SQ Trance Heaven and move the FL mixer window around, that causes drop outs and crackling for me.

Something else I've noticed is that sometimes changing presets while playing will cause a momentary loud burst of the previous preset, eg from PL Organ Chord to PL Progress Chord.
Ok the audio drop outs is because of the arp causing the spikes in the SQ preset. The loud burst on preset change is only happening in the demo version, the full one clears the audio. The demo version has to be this way because of the demo restrictions and its a side effect.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

People have been posting pictures of Bitwigs performance meter that is sample accurate and it shows that the CPU goes up to almost 80-90% for a very short period of time every time the arp generates a note and it causes audio dropouts and stutters. This is because of a bug in FlowStone the way it handles midi data. Once they fix it this it wont happen and the performance should increase.

Alright, thanks for the quick feedback :tu:

adamtrance wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:59 am Guys, if you just say its crashing I cannot do anything with that information. I need detailed info: which DAW you used, which viper version (32 or 64 bit), did you change the gui size, did you hold a key down when you changed presets when it crashed, which presets it crashed etc...
Cubase 10, Win7. Viper Demo 64 bit version. Did nothing but change presets, every preset change causes extreme cpu spikes. After switching 2 or 3 presets Cubase crashes, it shuts down without warning. Doesn't matter what presets. Did not change gui size or used any keys, doesn't matter how i change presets.
More BPM please

A question to those who have crashes with the update when browsing the factory presets.

Did any of the presets from/to you had switched before a crash involve a wavetable oscillator? Such presets should be in Factory Bank4 only I think.

Or did these presets have the unusual waveforms, espectially in osc3?

Or was it just random presets, no matter which ones?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I switch presets for 15 minutes and don't crash anything. Savihost 64.
Access Virus FAN

Return to “Instruments”