Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

And by the way, when switching presets, spikes are observed even in CYPHER2. Host Bitwig.
Access Virus FAN

The main problem with the spikes are not on preset switching anyway. The problem is when you play midi notes and the spikes go trough the roof (especially with patches that use 8 global unison voices) and cause buffer under runs and audio glitches, witch should not happen at all. Just see some screenshots in earlier posts. Anyway, I hope we don't have to wait years for the fix from Flowstone.

I got some huge spikes earlier when automating reverb dry/wet

Max cpu spikes happening here as well on any midi notes. Doesn't matter if it's arp or sequencer or midi from host or playing from a midi keyboard. Doesn't matter if it's a pad or lead or any type of sound, though some presets are worse than others but I don't see a pattern yet. Sometimes spikes are to max sometimes just half the cpu. Either way, not good.

I'm windows 10, Bitwig 3.0. Steinberg UR44.

I had been using latest version of fl studio 20.6, and latest version would completely crash FL while testing out some different presets. It happened a few times now. It seemed to affect FL so bad that I would have problems opening up FL afterwards. I've now reinstalled FL and it all seems better, and no more crashing with Viper (yet). Hoping everything continues to run normally now. Viper is great, and I'm sure whatever bugs there are will get worked out eventually.

Has anyone done a shoot out with a Virus TI yet?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

adamtrance wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:19 pm No not yet, thats the next project to make it skinnable. I have to rewrite the entire GUI from scratch and it will be an enormous task so it will take a while.
Instead of fully skinnable, just make some alternative color scheme for the default skin first. I guess it's easier to implement. I wish we had an alternative skin option with the Virus TI/TI2 color scheme. :)
I mean, the default skin is very good, no need for complicated, time consuming rewrites IMO, only add some alternative color scheme.

anoise wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:30 am I mean, the default skin is very good, no need for complicated, time consuming rewrites IMO, only add some alternative color scheme.
+1
anoise wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:30 am I wish we had an alternative skin option with the Virus TI/TI2 color scheme. :)
:tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:56 pm Has anyone done a shoot out with a Virus TI yet?
I guess you havent seen this video yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHgQcfV33E

Regarding the GUI I still have to create a system where a user selects skins so if I dig into this I might as well do it right from the start ;)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

anoise wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:36 pm The main problem with the spikes are not on preset switching anyway. The problem is when you play midi notes and the spikes go trough the roof (especially with patches that use 8 global unison voices) and cause buffer under runs and audio glitches, witch should not happen at all. Just see some screenshots in earlier posts. Anyway, I hope we don't have to wait years for the fix from Flowstone.
Yep, it's a well documented bug in Flowstone so nothing the author can do about it right now.
I don't use global unison that much or when I do, I keep it to 2-3 voices. The Hypersaw oscillators are plenty fat on their own.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Update is great for me so far, one step closer to not having to borrow a TI! Any plans for nested folders for waveform/table organization?

Is not being able to change the shape of the sub oscillator when oscillator 1 isn't set to Classic mode a design choice or a bug? No big deal either way, just curious.

Beyond that, new update is going great. Been a little while since I used Viper and I forgot how easy it is to make such nice sounds. Thanks again.

fdigl wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:30 am Any plans for nested folders for waveform/table organization?
You can already do that! However you have your folder structures it will appear in the drop down list selector for the waves/wavetables

shaboogen wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:26 am Is not being able to change the shape of the sub oscillator when oscillator 1 isn't set to Classic mode a design choice or a bug? No big deal either way, just curious.
Yes, its the same in the Virus. The sub osc is generated by the 1st Classic oscillator. When you select the multisaw for example, now it generates 9 hyper squares instead.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:31 am
fdigl wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:30 am Any plans for nested folders for waveform/table organization?
You can already do that! However you have your folder structures it will appear in the drop down list selector for the waves/wavetables
Hmm, it might just be the fact that I used a symbolic link with my preexisting wavetables folder. I'll try with a junction and if that doesn't work, I'll just copy over my favorites.

Return to “Instruments”