ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

This is the same thing propellerheads did,same exact closed minded approach.
No we don't want Reason to support VST's,and will not ever support VST's.. blah blah blah.. Cool man.. Hold my beer..
Years later..@ Propellerheads main office.. :( our sales are down, what do we do?
Maybe we should listen to our customers request. Moral of the story, don't be like them. :idea:

Also I don't believe the majority of the Nexus user base, wouldn't be on board for an option to layer a couple sounds together. Might as well drop all new features,all together?
A deep experience,to stack sounds? :dog: :scared:

It's cool, we will use our daws features to do this,just note, that this will reflect in the way your so called "some" choose to support you from here on out.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I hate to quote myself, but....

"Thanks for all the bug fixes and updates. Thank you for the easy cloud feature.

Now will you please have reFX Cloud STOP unpinning itself from my Windows Start and disappearing into a huge long list of folders (I take advantage of my 20 TBs of SDD storage) and forcing me to find and repin it (seems to happen a few times per day)."

This time I will say "Please?!"

well I could say: "no one can help you here with this, you should write to the support"

I cant understand why people posting their support questions here, then complain why they get no official answer. This is not a support forum :wink:

no layering no buy

kaner wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:06 pm no layering no buy
+1

Selfik wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:07 pm
+1
At the very first moment i also believed the "bigger, better bla bla.." but after release there is no chance i would pay 99€ for this upgrade to N3. Thrown away a chance imo.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

then dont

Selfik wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:07 pm
+1
Its a preset player what do people expect, you buy a product for what it is, not for what you expect it to be :dog:

People buy Nexus for its presets, not because they sound thin and need to be layered. They are already expertly crafted and ready to be used straight away.

If you want tweakability, buy Avenger and its high quality expansions instead.

I think Manuel put it right: ”you cannot blame a horse for being a horse and not a cow”.

Actually there's tons of sounds, that I layer in Nexus, such as Brass and Synths, besides the ability to play full multis, by using keysplits.

Just because you or another user does not layer, or use keysplits, does not mean that more people don't. What we are asking for is a simple option, but it's cool. It'll all work out regardless. 😊 There's plenty of other ways for users to spend their money.
Last edited by trusampler on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

msvs wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:00 am well I could say: "no one can help you here with this, you should write to the support"

I cant understand why people posting their support questions here, then complain why they get no official answer. This is not a support forum :wink:
Ticket is open.

trusampler wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:57 pm Actually there's tons of sounds, that I layer in Nexus, such as Brass and Synths, besides the ability to play full multis, by using keysplits.

Just because you or another user does not layer, or use keysplits, does not mean that more people don't. What we are asking for is a simple option, but it's cool. It'll all work out regardless. 😊 There's plenty of other ways for users to spend their money.
Why they should spend their time to add this feature just because...
mod edit wrote:Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.

I'd already be happy if Nexus3 would load old projects and not just init presets. Friend of mine took the bait, upgraded and not a single old nexus2 project opens correct...

Gregorius wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:20 pm I'd already be happy if Nexus3 would load old projects and not just init presets. Friend of mine took the bait, upgraded and not a single old nexus2 project opens correct...
This.

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:58 pm
msvs wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:00 am well I could say: "no one can help you here with this, you should write to the support"

Ticket is open.
Here is the official answer from reFX:

"Pinning a shortcut has nothing to do with Nexus.

Regards,
Adam"

Hmmm. reFX makes an installer that deletes a shortcut on MY computer that I created. I pin a shortcut to reFX Cloud on Windows Start. Everytime (about twice a day on average since they keep updating the service and Nexus3) that shortcut gets deleted when the installer updates.

8DIO, EastWest, Steinberg, XLN, Waves, Izotope, Plugin Alliance, Spitfire, IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, etc. all make cloud installers, all of which are pinned to my start, all of which do NOT get deleted when they update...and they tell me it has nothing to do with Nexus...

I DID NOT COMPLAIN THAT IT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH NEXUS! I told them that it was reFX Cloud installer that was doing this. It deleted a shortcut on MY PERSONAL COMPUTER that I CREATED.

msvs, you seem like a nice guy. You talk about this not being a support forum. Yet I get more support and help here than I receive from the useless answer I got from reFX.

I have been a loyal customer for years and own many reFX products. I will probably continue to for a long time. But reFX needs to step up on accountability and offer, at the very least, a satisfying answer that I can wrap my head around.

Yes, it has nothing to do with Nexus3...but has EVERYTHING to do with reFX Cloud. They deleted something I saved on my computer. However small of a thing it may be, it is wrong.

Return to “Instruments”