ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
trusampler
KVRian
1045 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:09 pm

This is the same thing propellerheads did,same exact closed minded approach.
No we don't want Reason to support VST's,and will not ever support VST's.. blah blah blah.. Cool man.. Hold my beer..
Years later..@ Propellerheads main office.. :( our sales are down, what do we do?
Maybe we should listen to our customers request. Moral of the story, don't be like them. :idea:

Also I don't believe the majority of the Nexus user base, wouldn't be on board for an option to layer a couple sounds together. Might as well drop all new features,all together?
A deep experience,to stack sounds? :dog: :scared:

It's cool, we will use our daws features to do this,just note, that this will reflect in the way your so called "some" choose to support you from here on out.
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

thejonsolo
KVRAF
2499 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Re: ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:03 pm

I hate to quote myself, but....

"Thanks for all the bug fixes and updates. Thank you for the easy cloud feature.

Now will you please have reFX Cloud STOP unpinning itself from my Windows Start and disappearing into a huge long list of folders (I take advantage of my 20 TBs of SDD storage) and forcing me to find and repin it (seems to happen a few times per day)."

This time I will say "Please?!"

msvs
KVRAF
1792 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:00 am

well I could say: "no one can help you here with this, you should write to the support"

I cant understand why people posting their support questions here, then complain why they get no official answer. This is not a support forum :wink:
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

kaner
KVRist
205 posts since 27 Sep, 2017

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:06 am

no layering no buy

Selfik
KVRian
826 posts since 27 Dec, 2005

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:07 am

kaner wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:06 am
no layering no buy
+1

mladi
KVRian
970 posts since 14 Apr, 2016 from Germany

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:25 am

Selfik wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:07 am
kaner wrote:
no layering no buy
+1
At the very first moment i also believed the "bigger, better bla bla.." but after release there is no chance i would pay 99€ for this upgrade to N3. Thrown away a chance imo.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K|LG 34UM95-P|Presonus Eris E8 XT|Focusrite Scarlett 18i20|NI Kontrol S61 MK2|Arturia MiniLab MK2|Stein­berg CC121|Softube Console 1|Steinberg Cubase 10

msvs
KVRAF
1792 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:30 am

then dont

http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:22 am

Selfik wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:07 am
kaner wrote:
no layering no buy
+1
Its a preset player what do people expect, you buy a product for what it is, not for what you expect it to be :dog:

Ohlson_M
KVRist
120 posts since 20 May, 2016

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:01 am

People buy Nexus for its presets, not because they sound thin and need to be layered. They are already expertly crafted and ready to be used straight away.

If you want tweakability, buy Avenger and its high quality expansions instead.

I think Manuel put it right: ”you cannot blame a horse for being a horse and not a cow”.

trusampler
KVRian
1045 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 am

Actually there's tons of sounds, that I layer in Nexus, such as Brass and Synths, besides the ability to play full multis, by using keysplits.

Just because you or another user does not layer, or use keysplits, does not mean that more people don't. What we are asking for is a simple option, but it's cool. It'll all work out regardless. 😊 There's plenty of other ways for users to spend their money.
Last edited by trusampler on Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Powercore Virus B/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

thejonsolo
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:58 am

msvs wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:00 am
well I could say: "no one can help you here with this, you should write to the support"

I cant understand why people posting their support questions here, then complain why they get no official answer. This is not a support forum :wink:
Ticket is open.

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:08 am

trusampler wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 am
Actually there's tons of sounds, that I layer in Nexus, such as Brass and Synths, besides the ability to play full multis, by using keysplits.

Just because you or another user does not layer, or use keysplits, does not mean that more people don't. What we are asking for is a simple option, but it's cool. It'll all work out regardless. 😊 There's plenty of other ways for users to spend their money.
Why they should spend their time to add this feature just because...
mod edit wrote:Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.

Gregorius
KVRist
124 posts since 30 Jun, 2015

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:20 am

I'd already be happy if Nexus3 would load old projects and not just init presets. Friend of mine took the bait, upgraded and not a single old nexus2 project opens correct...

thejonsolo
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:56 am

Gregorius wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:20 am
I'd already be happy if Nexus3 would load old projects and not just init presets. Friend of mine took the bait, upgraded and not a single old nexus2 project opens correct...
This.

thejonsolo
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:46 pm

thejonsolo wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:58 am
msvs wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:00 am

Ticket is open.
Here is the official answer from reFX:

"Pinning a shortcut has nothing to do with Nexus.

Regards,
Adam"

Hmmm. reFX makes an installer that deletes a shortcut on MY computer that I created. I pin a shortcut to reFX Cloud on Windows Start. Everytime (about twice a day on average since they keep updating the service and Nexus3) that shortcut gets deleted when the installer updates.

8DIO, EastWest, Steinberg, XLN, Waves, Izotope, Plugin Alliance, Spitfire, IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, etc. all make cloud installers, all of which are pinned to my start, all of which do NOT get deleted when they update...and they tell me it has nothing to do with Nexus...

I DID NOT COMPLAIN THAT IT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH NEXUS! I told them that it was reFX Cloud installer that was doing this. It deleted a shortcut on MY PERSONAL COMPUTER that I CREATED.

msvs, you seem like a nice guy. You talk about this not being a support forum. Yet I get more support and help here than I receive from the useless answer I got from reFX.

I have been a loyal customer for years and own many reFX products. I will probably continue to for a long time. But reFX needs to step up on accountability and offer, at the very least, a satisfying answer that I can wrap my head around.

Yes, it has nothing to do with Nexus3...but has EVERYTHING to do with reFX Cloud. They deleted something I saved on my computer. However small of a thing it may be, it is wrong.

Return to “Instruments”