DrumComputer - sending Program Changes

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi - i am using DC and loving it in Digital Performer (latest version, 10.1).

i would like to use MIDI messages to change kits in DC. i assume that the "Ignore Program Change" preference would prevent me from doing so, but with that box unticked i am unable to get any response from DC to patch change messages sent in DP. DP uses a standard patch change message format: Patch Change + Bank MSB and Bank LSB. is that the proper format to send Program Changes to DC?

thanks,

tony

Hi Tony,

ok, therefore, just create a folder called 'Midi Programs' beside your user folder here:
/Users/YOURLOGINNAME (your home folder)/Documents/Sugar Bytes/DrumComputer/Presets/Midi Programs

Then put the presets you want to load via PrgChange into this folder. After that you should see the Midi Programs folder in the preset menu.
Now you can send MIDI prgchange messages to load the patches from that folder and they should load via program change according to their alphabetical order.
Of course this is limited to 128 presets. And nothing will happen if you call program 100 and only have 2 presets in the folder.
The "ignore program change" setting in the Settings Screen of DrumComputer should be unchecked.

Hope this helps.

Best & Happy Holidays,
Nadine

thank you so much, nadine! this worked, although i had to close Digital Performer and re-open it before the Program Change messages were properly acknowledged. with this addition, DC becomes even more fun!

Return to “Sugar Bytes”