SONICALLY Best VST Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stimresp wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:25 pm IMO Korg Odyssey VST
Might be good, if the UI wasn't scheisse, and whole machine (cpu)hog.
End result is excrement-covered-swine.

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:11 pm
cpu is only bad with unison and polyphony. Using it like the original hardware is very reasonable cpu. And for unison here's a hint: Use the free Multiply plugin from Acon Digital instead. Very similar effect.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:29 pm
cpu is only bad with unison and polyphony. Using it like the original hardware is very reasonable cpu. And for unison here's a hint: Use the free Multiply plugin from Acon Digital instead. Very similar effect.
I have to try your advice, thank you. Once you had a hint how to switch the UI page on my laptop, which doesn’t have a scroll mouse (or addtional gadget), I’d be a happy camper.

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:43 pm
I have to try your advice, thank you. Once you had a hint how to switch the UI page on my laptop, which doesn’t have a scroll mouse (or addtional gadget), I’d be a happy camper.
Aren't there little buttons to change the view at the top?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Those are placed that top, doesn’t show in my laptop. Changing the screen resolution is not an option, because it would mess all the other proportions.
BTW, no other of the 25 installed synths have this problem in my laptop.

So, can’t enjoy the good sounds with these limitations. The synth is a total flop.

Sugar Bytes Factory

NeoKortex88 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:07 pm SONICALLY Best VST Synth
There's no such thing..

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:48 pm
NeoKortex88 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:07 pm SONICALLY Best VST Synth
There's no such thing..
that part :tu: more like flavors..
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:25 pm Sugar Bytes Factory
Not a bad choice at all. It does sound amazing

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:22 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:45 pm
Those are placed that top, doesn’t show in my laptop. Changing the screen resolution is not an option, because it would mess all the other proportions.
BTW, no other of the 25 installed synths have this problem in my laptop.

So, can’t enjoy the good sounds with these limitations. The synth is a total flop.
Oh right, those are just different window sizes. To be honest I don't use the effects or sequencer so I leave it on the small view which has the whole synth. I want this for an authentic odyssey, I barely even use polyphony with it (more into Oddity for that). So for a classic feature set and using own effects, it's fine.

Each to their own. Runs just fine on my PC, I use it mostly as poly, never a problem. UI is same a sthe hardware. Sounds delicious here.

Perhaps your pc is the excrement.

Emulation wise and nailing it sonically, the AlyJames VProm, Arturia DX7 V & CZ V.

stimresp wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:25 pmIMO Korg Odyssey VST
Might be good, if the UI wasn't scheisse,
Well, it's not so good so far.
and whole machine (cpu)hog.
I don't see how that affects sound quality so we'll call that irrelevant.
I was thinking more egg covered idiot (you). Seriously, Korg's Odyssey sounds great and the GUI is very nice. I don't think it is the best sounding synth of all time but it certainly sounds very good and is a pleasure to use, once you adjust to the ARP way of thinking about things. Yes, it uses more than its fair share of CPU cycles but I never had any trouble using it songs when I was on a Core i5 machine so it's not like it is a major drawback.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:45 pmAren't there little buttons to change the view at the top?
To be fair, if your screen isn't big enough, you can't see all three panels at once. Even on a FullHD screen, you need to know to scroll to see the top panel. It took me all of an hour or so to work it out, hardly the end of the world.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

v1o wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:06 pmBasically everyone is listing their favourite synths. In terms of pure sound quality and nothing else, the best sounding synth is the one with the highest quality oversampling and anti aliasing. It also consumes quite the amount of CPU.
That's not true at all because it's DUNE, hands down, and DUNE is very CPU-efficient. It is also nowhere near my favourite synth, which would be either Thorn, Aparillo or TRK-01.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:25 pmSugar Bytes Factory
Or maybe Aparillo? I love the sound of that thing.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

There are also some "old" synths that whenever I load them, they move me with their sound. Synths like Korg Mono/Poly, MS-20, Polysix, and some Reaktor synths like Prism and Razor. They can't do everything by themselves, but man! They are timeless! I still can use only those and feel on the edge of sound technology :D

Return to “Instruments”