Disappointment in hardware synths

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:29 pm Also, I don't see any issue with that approach, I'm sure that you can learn drive a car faster when you have it rather than you just read about it on the internet.
Driving lessons usually include use of the instructors car :D

roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm Well, I was naive, then I discovered that there is no way to save patches, and I have to record the synth every time I change the patch, and all the CV hassle, etc. Finally, I came to conclusion that a pure analog synth is more a toy than a workhorse device. I can be a nice touch to a track to add one sound per analog synth, but that's it. So, I was wondering how others incorporate analog synths into their workflow.
I use a Moog Sub37. All patches can be saved and recalled just like a softsynth.
eh?

roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm then I discovered that there is no way to save patches
Dammit! You mean I’m going to have to learn how to recreate the sound I get from this patching?

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:58 pm
roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm then I discovered that there is no way to save patches
Dammit! You mean I’m going to have to learn how to recreate the sound I get from this patching?

you've got the photo, what more do you need?
bloody kids.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:58 pm

ive just copied this! awesome kick sound dude 8)

Thanks. Took me ages to get it to sound exactly like an 808.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:22 pm Thanks. Took me ages to get it to sound exactly like an 808.
If you double this setup you might achieve a nice bass sound, too.

roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm Hi folks,

I was so excited when Behringer made analog synths affordable, without checking the limitations and how analog synths work, I bought Neutron and Model D and I was sure these two synths are more than enough to make "fully" analog tracks. Well, I was naive, then I discovered that there is no way to save patches, and I have to record the synth every time I change the patch, and all the CV hassle, etc. Finally, I came to conclusion that a pure analog synth is more a toy than a workhorse device. I can be a nice touch to a track to add one sound per analog synth, but that's it. So, I was wondering how others incorporate analog synths into their workflow.

Thanks.
You just listed, why analog devices are so good :D
But why oh why you bought two mono synths? You need one poly too for chords (pads etc).

Though I made this with only one monosynth and a hint of creativity...
https://m.soundcloud.com/forestspiritof ... rit-spring

Song made with just a Neutron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxh-7JdgSyY

Another one, just Neutron + reverb + looper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myZgT6ldi4M

I don’t know if there are better examples out there, or whatever, they came up from a quick search.

And while that’s not how I use analog synths (in particular monos), well, it should demonstrate that yeah, they can actually pretty useful and flexible.

I was so excited when Behringer made analog synths affordable, without checking the limitations and how analog synths work, I bought Neutron and Model D and I was sure these two synths are more than enough to make "fully" analog tracks. Well, I was naive, then I discovered that there is no way to save patches, and I have to record the synth every time I change the patch, and all the CV hassle, etc.
So right..
roman.i wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:56 pm Finally, I came to conclusion that a pure analog synth is more a toy than a workhorse device. I can be a nice touch to a track to add one sound per analog synth, but that's it. So, I was wondering how others incorporate analog synths into their workflow.

Thanks.
So wrong.. :wink:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I was so excited when Behringer made analog synths affordable, without checking the limitations and how analog synths work, I bought Neutron and Model D and I was sure these two synths are more than enough to make "fully" analog tracks. Well, I was naive, then I discovered that there is no way to save patches, and I have to record the synth every time I change the patch, and all the CV hassle, etc. Finally, I came to conclusion that a pure analog synth is more a toy than a workhorse device. I can be a nice touch to a track to add one sound per analog synth, but that's it. So, I was wondering how others incorporate analog synths into their workflow.

Thanks.
Should have gone to spec savers 😂

Seriously you have to do your research on things. No point in complaining about the synths you bought here if you haven't done research on the features you need in a synth.. Just buy some Elektrons and be done 👍

rob_lee wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:42 pm Just buy some Elektrons and be done 👍
And give your useless stupid toy mono analogs to me :love:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:46 pm
rob_lee wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:42 pm Just buy some Elektrons and be done 👍
And give your useless stupid toy mono analogs to me :love:
Which ones would you like? 😂 😂 😂

That neutron and model d he so disliked :D

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:31 pm That neutron and model d he so disliked :D
Oh shit I don't own either of those.. Haha only synth I own that doesn't store patches is the behringer Crave lol 😂 😂 😂

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”