VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

thelizard wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:30 pm Hi everyone,
We delayed LION.
Oh no, for how long?
c_voltage wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:51 pm But, why really not remove that restriction to available amount of macro ?
I also feel the amount of available macros should be higher in both Byome and Triad. 8 is limiting when you can't control anything specific to the modules.

Yes, also i wanted to say, If weigh all the circumstances, given the "cells" principle of this device, then even can accept the inability to control some parameters by project timeline (like switch filter\saturation\range modes, inside blocks) (*), it's ok, but restriction to amount of automatable parameters it's a moment, which shifts the balance toward to downgrade. It is necessary to align (average) the circumstance, thru make adding of macroses freely, like all other modulators from list.

(*) I hope it's will not coming to Sandman Pro for example, where we can control (automate) switching of Delay modes, I do not wan to say that it is used often, but ability of such invasion always inspire.

thelizard wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:30 pm These builds represent a massive effort to squash every crash bug
Working really well on my System now! Haven't encountered crashing in Nuendo 10 when having many Instances loaded in a Session, thanks for all the fixes :tu:

thelizard wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:30 pm Cross-posting from the Triad thread for visibility:

Hi everyone,

New VST/VST3/AU public beta builds are here
Win Triad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k7suoecxc0qe ... 3.zip?dl=0
Win BYOME: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a6gni11um0k4 ... 3.zip?dl=0
Mac Triad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt03o7fvnkpij ... 2.zip?dl=0
Mac BYOME: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hn00h6jgtbxy ... 3.zip?dl=0

These builds represent a massive effort to squash every crash bug, namely when changing or randomizing presets. One of our testers who was experiencing very consistent crashes was able to run these Triad builds while continuously changing and randomizing presets for over 20 minutes without a single crash.

Also:
-Ability to shrink interface scale. This should help people who are using Triad on laptops.
-Optimizations for RAM and CPU usage. These aren't super significant, but we have cleaned up a few places.

We haven't added in Wide Mode yet. We delayed LION and have been working exclusively on getting these crashes sorted out.
How come these didn't make today's officialy PA 4.8 release?

Also for completeness, is this now 64 bit only on Windows?

rsp
sound sculptist

delete

Please can you leave the alliance?

dropped into Logic MIDI-controlled effects slot but seem still hasn't got MIDI note triggering possibility, any plan for this, or have I missed something?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Big public beta now up: https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

This adds the much requested dynamic horizontal resizing, along with full Catalina support and notarization. On Windows, you can now hold Shift to scroll sideways. We've removed OpenGL, and added significant optimizations to the visualizer. Lots of stuff to test! Please send feedback before we post the LION beta tomorrow and Triad later this week.

thelizard wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:38 pm Big public beta now up: https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

This adds the much requested dynamic horizontal resizing, along with full Catalina support and notarization. On Windows, you can now hold Shift to scroll sideways. We've removed OpenGL, and added significant optimizations to the visualizer. Lots of stuff to test! Please send feedback before we post the LION beta tomorrow and Triad later this week.
Very nice Michael. Thanks.

First findings:
- would be great to save a default size/width (in the menu?)
- the blurring can get quite hard to read when sized down. Although that's imho as smooth-font hater :) (i'm on 1080p resolution 27" display)
- sometimes it takes significantly longer to load the VST2

yes!!! horizontal scaling and scrolling is great. when adding a new module it even auto scrolls it into view that i'm especially happy about.

It might be cool if the scope got wider since nothing is really happening in that top-right space otherwise. Also agree with the prior poster who requested saving a default size. I want this thing to open up 2,200 pixels wide!

Terrific update though. The horizontal scrolling is a HUGE improvement!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:14 am It might be cool if the scope got wider since nothing is really happening in that top-right space otherwise. Also agree with the prior poster who requested saving a default size. I want this thing to open up 2,200 pixels wide!

I tried widening the scope, but what happens is that the wider the scope is, the more graphics horsepower is required. It seemed like a better trade-off just to keep it static, since we're already adding overhead by showing more simultaneous modulators/effects.

thelizard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:31 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:14 am It might be cool if the scope got wider since nothing is really happening in that top-right space otherwise. Also agree with the prior poster who requested saving a default size. I want this thing to open up 2,200 pixels wide!

I tried widening the scope, but what happens is that the wider the scope is, the more graphics horsepower is required. It seemed like a better trade-off just to keep it static, since we're already adding overhead by showing more simultaneous modulators/effects.
Have you tried using OpenGL to ease the burden?

Just kidding. :hug:

Makes sense. What might work in that space and not require CPU (talking future enhancement here, not right now) is a "patch notes" section. Would be nice to leave some notes about what I was thinking in terms of usage, what sources, why I did what I did, etc.

"patch notes" +1 - great idea imho

Im not sure if this was covered yet. But does Byome do everything that Dent 2 does in terms of modulation? Is it correct that Byome has all the algorithms from all previous UA plugins?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”