Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

face it, anything that sounds newage-ish with reverbed choir fairlight-ish sounds in the presets is going to be labeled "dated" its all about weird, abnoxious noises now.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

exactly. if weird, obnoxious noises are your thing, you belong in a public toilet.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 pm exactly. if weird, obnoxious noises are your thing, you belong in a public toilet.
yuck fou.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 pm exactly. if weird, obnoxious noises are your thing, you belong in a public toilet.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :hihi:

:tu: ;) :lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:wheee:

i been listening to the few triton vst demo videos on youtube, and i dunno why. its only available
for win10 or above and 64bit. no go for me. but i dont really hear anything above and beyond what you can already do with the M1 and WS YMMV. :shrug:

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

layzer wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:28 pm i been listening to the few triton vst demo videos on youtube, and i dunno why. its only available
for win10 or above and 64bit. no go for me. but i dont really hear anything above and beyond what you can already do with the M1 and WS YMMV. :shrug:
It works on W7 but yeah, doesn't have 32-bit. It's dead, Jim. More and more new plugins likely won't even support 32-bit because of Mac dropping it on Catalina (it's Occam's razor sort of solution - why support something on one platform that's not supported on another, etc.).

It sounds way cleaner than M1 and WS, and has a better filter, more modulation capabilities, better FX...

"way cleaner" aha..
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Yes, when compared to M1 and Wavestation it sounds more hi-fi.

acYm wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:50 am How many software emulations of hardware older than the Triton do you own ?:shrug:
quite a few. korg's own mono/poly and polysix for example.
while no talent rich kids were wowing taste-less a&r hacks with the latest cheesy workstation canned sounds, artists were pushing these old instruments past their limits, running them through guitar pedals and resampling it, making something fresh and musical.
we need more of the likes of these, devices for musicians - these things were for 9 to 5ers.
we're getting meme'd on, I tell you.
And meanwhile synths like the Triton were found on countless sound tracks created by real musicians. If someone can't do something "fresh and musical" with these types of Workstations or Sample Based synths it's not the instrument's fault. You know by "running them through guitar pedals and resampling". These synths were also used on stage for countless acts from lounge acts to metal bands who actually played instruments.

Like I've said several times already there are more genres than EDM or Hip Hop although I realize that KVR doesn't recognize that fact.

Once again not everybody wants to be Skrillex or Deadmau5. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:54 pm Once again not everybody wants to be Skrillex or Deadmau5. :shrug:
Who are they?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:56 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:54 pm Once again not everybody wants to be Skrillex or Deadmau5. :shrug:
Who are they?
Who are who ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:56 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:56 pm
Who are they?
Who are who ?
Everybody

Return to “Instruments”